CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - Back in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Re: CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Dicussion - Back in the Big Apple

I'm really excited for this development with Flack. He's going to be great, as usual, and I hope that Danny can be supportive of him the way Flack has always supported him. :)

2. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

This Flack storyline sounds like it could be a good one. I hope the writers play it out over more than one episode, though, so they can give it some depth.

Reading through that casting sheet makes me wonder if one of the IAB investigators was supposed to be the new guy that Lindsay had eyes for. I don't know if they had planned that far ahead, though, when that comment was made. Either way, guess that plot element probably won't happen now.

3. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Funnily enough, that thought occurred to me also. Probably because Pam Veasey did wax lyrical about how veeery attractive the guy was gonna be who caught Lindsay's eye, and the casting sheet does seem like they want the actors to be stepping in off the cover of vogue (or some such other glossy, glamorous publication where everyone has to be tres beautiful irrespective of being aribrushed within an inch of their lives). :rolleyes:

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

That would have been interesting, if Lindsay had been attracted to one of the IAB guys - particularly since that might have provided a bit of conflict since they're after Flack. Ah well, I guess we'll never know. However...

Truthfully, I think every casting sheet I've ever seen for these shows is like that. They're always looking for people who look rough around the edges - but in an attractive sort of way, people who are grieving - but still beautiful, people who are nerdy - but gorgeous, people who are attractive in the vein of a certain celebrity, etc.

5. JellyBelly

Do they really think we're all that shallow? :confused:

6. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Not all, but they probably think a lot of us are that shallow -- which helps explain things like women wearing totally inappropriate (and revealing) clothes in the workplace and men getting their share of shirtless scenes.

And I'd be the first to admit that having an attractive cast can be a draw for certain shows. Funny thing is...a lot of the actors/characters that I find most attractive aren't necessarily the ones with the "model-like" looks but the ones who have interesting facial features and/or personalities.

7. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

5.08 - My Name is Mac Taylor

8. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Heh, after everything that's happened so far, I pretty much equate CSI:NY with shallowness now. How else can you spin wanting to be 'trendy, hip and cool' over being 'quality, deep and realistic'?

As for Gary Sinise saying what he did about Lindsay being pregnant, heh, guess TPTB realized AJ's 'endorsement' didn't cut it and got the main star of the show to 'endorse' it too in the hopes of ... endearing more fans to it. :guffaw: Geez, TPTB, when are you gonna learn that doing this is only going to piss off the smart fans who can see through the shallow tactic? Just because the other actors on the cast claim they like it doesn't mean said actors' fans will follow the actors like brainless idiots.

And about that IAB guy being the possible love interest for Lindsay ... wow, IAB, huh? Don't tell me TPTB intended for the guy to be IAB just so they can use him as an out-clause for Lindsay every time she fudges up on the show. :rolleyes: Although I wouldn't be surprised if that had been the case ...

9. Faylinn

$$$, baby.

You can churn out a formulaic romance novel once a month that will appeal to a lot of readers, but it probably won't be great literature.

10. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I'm extremely happy to hear about the juicy upcoming storyline for Flack, I know Eddie will go to town with this one. He's always superb even with the light-hearted scenes, and now they're giving him some quality time to shine with a good in-depth, compelling line. It's about time, writers! :thumbsup:
    I'll focus my attentions on this one, so hopefully it will allow me to ignore every split second of the upcoming D/L/Baby storyline :rolleyes:

Re: emmy noms, I would love to see Eddie snag a nom for this one, but if I'm not mistaken, none of the actors within the entire CSI franchise have ever landed on Emmy's "Short List", the CSI noms are often for more technical stuff, but never acting. I'd like to think that it's because the ensemble cast and overall set-up of the CSI shows aren't really set up to allow one character to "shine" enough to garner enough attention for an Emmy, but other ensemble-type shows seem to do it all the time, so I don't know what the reason is, that's probably a topic for a whole 'nuther thread ;)

Last edited: Nov 4, 2008
  11. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

Just saw an un-spliced version of the trailer for tomorrow!!!!!
    seriously Mac gets MAD!!!!!

He's yelling at someone that it's his department, so i'm guessing and just guessing that it's Sinclare (because who else do we know outside the department) is the one to let Adam go.

So, lots of yelling and shouting and grrrrrr in tomorrows episode! yay, when people get mad it gets good, and i mean really good, as in rambo stella good, have totally had season 1 on in the background while studying =) all day. =)

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Will the thing with Adam clear up tomorrow or last a few eps? Anyone know? And I agree that they're a bit late...having AJ in the opening credits means you can be pretty sure Adam's not permenantly going anywhere.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  13. Faylinn

I don't know if it'll be resolved by the end of this week's episode or if it might be drawn out for a few weeks - but I'm pretty sure he'll be around even if he's not working.

14. JellyBelly

From TV guide; http://www.tvguide.com/News/24-CSI-NCIS-35337.aspx

Are they kicking A.J. [Buckley] off CSI: NY, or Adam out of the lab? That would be devastating, especially so soon after they added him to the main cast. — Chris
    Matt:
    Oh, Chris, you fell for a classic case of MPT - Misleading Promo Tease. Tune in this week to see how his "They're letting me go" scene really plays out.

15. CCA

CCA Police Officer

I go away just for a little while and all this crap has hit the fan!

I can not FREAKING wait for Flack's eppy it's going to be great I think, I can already see the look on his face when they come in and he's dead. "I swear man, I didn't do it he just flopped around and wham he was down for the count!"

As for Adam poor guy he's going to be confused "you want me, you don't...is somebody playing with a freaking flower" "you love me, you don't, you love me" can't wait to see how this is resolved!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.