Episode 7x05 - 'Bombshell' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 18, 2008.

1. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Overall, I liked it best this season. That being said, it wasn't a fantastic ep.

I thought the dress storyline was a little redundant and maybe a bit of a stretch.

H driving up to see his kid in a fight was kind of funny. I loved when H yelled "Kyle" really angrily. Nice to see that emotion.

I didn't see the whole "roomates are the same guy" twist coming. Nice job writers.

The emotional Horatio scene was so cute. I don't think we saw H that emotional when his wife died! I actually bought that he was worried about his son.

The colors! Oh my!

The ending was cute but a little ominous. I did not like the way H and Julia were looking at each other in the end. Do not go down that road, Horatio.

Did anyone think it was weird how there was the first case, then the second murder case was solved in like ten minutes, then back to the first case? I would have liked a few more twists with the hit and run guy. They found one piece of evidence and boom--case closed.

2. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I hope they (the powers that be in particular!) get rid of Kyle and Julia as soon as possible, ANY WAY possible. They may depict her as bi-polar but I don't buy it- she's just a low down criminal from beginning to end. I'll never accept Kyle as his son. It's a big mistake! The whole thing feels forced and fake! Sorry, but that's my opinion on it- I skipped this epi and have no regrets...

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't care much for Julia, but I don't really mind Kyle. I like Horatio having a son. I just don't know why they felt they needed to make him a teenager and almost grown. Might have been more interesting if they'd made him maybe eight years old or younger.

4. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

Julia - bipolar? :confused: OK, am I guess I could feel sorry for her now, but couldn't they have introduced this earlier on? Please know I have plenty of compassion for all people but this was dumped on us. Did H know she was bipolar when he first got involved with her or is this something TPTB just pulled out of thin air? Is H going to feel sorry and fall in love with her again? :wtf: Is this supposed to help explain her disappearance all those years ago and why she turned their son over to foster care? Guys, can't we come up with something better than this for dear Horatio? I love the guy and he does need a good lady in his life that is a permanent situation for his wounded soul but I'm NOT happy with us having to just swallow this one!!! :scream:

I so wanted to see more development between father and son and it's pretty obvious Horatio is taking to that role quite well - LOVED that angry tone he took with him - firm and to the point, just as any good parent should be. :thumbsup: The end was sweet - H is capable of serious emotion and I am glad they are bringing back the man that he was earlier in the show's history. I do hope that he can at least develop a working relationship with Julia for Kyle's sake - but please, let's get him a good woman into his life. Despite it all, she's still a criminal.

The pink thing - ok, I can buy that one having lost a family member to the disease and if that was their goal to promote breast cancer awareness, amen to them! I have to admit that Ryan does pink well - that's not an easy color for a guy to pull off. LOVE Frank's tie!! Now, why is it everyone else is a part of the color scheme EXCEPT Horatio? I doubt he'd do pink well but there has to be something more in the wardrobe room other than black and white striped shirts????? :wtf: Yet, I should just shut up - he still looks yummy... loved him in his younger days, but as he matures, he's definitely an older fan's eye candy...:drool:

Dear Rex is so underused and so underrated! TPTB need to honor this actor and his character more. He's everything we need - a little comic relief, a good cop, and needs to be used more often. Come on guys, MORE REX/FRANK!!! :scream:

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I was expecting to fall asleep like 15 min into the episode (I'm so tired of H drama) but I actually liked it. I think what called my attention was that there was real emotion from Horatio, Kyle, and dare I say Julia :eek:. As for her being bipolar it actually made sense to me. I mean, up until now I've always seen her as robotic and one dimensional. But then last night when she said that Ron always told her she was not herself when she was on medication it made me wonder. Maybe that's why she was always so robotic and weird (don't get me wrong maybe it's just bad acting :rolleyes:) but I'm willing to believe it can be attributed to her meds cause she did seemed different last night. More emotional, less robotic and more beleivable. Still I strongly dislike that they might be going down the H and Julia romantic road... :vulcan:

The other case was interesting enough. The big LCD screen, meh... miami. I guess it's not so farfetched that we'll be seeing that sometime in the future in certain boutiques so it didn't bother me that much. I think that the fact that the guy's face looked so perfect after seeing in the pictures the way it was burned bothered me more :rolleyes:.

I really liked the scene where Eric helped H and that it was just a simple murder like someone mentioned. I give it a B+.

6. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I really liked this episode! Finally! At first I thought the H drama would drive me nuts, but it was actually good. I wish all our characters could have an episode like that this season.

The color coordination literally looks STUPID. If I had never seen Miami before and happened to watch it last night, I might change the channel. Until I saw Ryan. LOL

Are Calleigh and Eric going to ignore each other after what happened 2 weeks ago?!?

Ryan & Valera in a scene, YAY!

I wish you guys could have seen the text conversation I had with my friend while we were watching....It was pretty funny. I have to go to work soon, so I'll put it up later.

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I agree with half the stuff you said. I totally loved this episode! It was a good one. I didn't catch it on tv so I bought it on itunes and watched it today.

Eric's shirt wasn't pink it was purple, a cute purple too! Everyone looked good in this episode. This epi wasn't rushed, yay! Did you notice that Megan is in the theme song now?

And every actor got equally good screen time!

8. flgal

flgal Hit and Run

Speaking of wardrobes, is it just me or is the only dress you ever see Julia in a black one? Seems like with all the money she has supposedly spent, SOME of it could have been on a new dress...

Over all not a bad epi...although when H was going over Julia's car in the garage..I'm yelling...NO WAY!! Talk about conflict of interest... good thing the guy admitted to the accident...

9. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Well i loved that eppie, one of the best so far :thumbsup: i was shocked to see everyone wearin the same colour!!! everyone was wearin pink or purple accept H and stan/barry!! :lol: i really enjoyed it, although there wasnt a lot of Calleigh in this one :(. I loved it when H kissed Julia it was so sweet :). Im lookin forward to the next eppie, maybe it will be better than this one ;) Eric looked sooooooo good!!!:drool::drool: i like him in a suit :drool::lol:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I loved this episode :D.

Ok so in the credits we have Megan & not Rex :eek:. I'm ok also because I adore Tara :lol: w/ it although I still think it's a little bit unfair towards Khandi. I mean they could have used Khandi as they're using Megan.

Everyone wearing pink/purple:eek:. I was trying to guess what Calleigh, Eric & Natalia were going to wear this wekk & I though it was going to be alll pnk. Now that I actually saw all of them w/ the same colour scheme I'm shocked:lol:.
    I don't know if it has something to do w/ Breast Cancer Month, but I think that not all the men should have had pink clothes, I can understand women dressing in pink because of this reason, but not men:)
    Anyway I loved it too, although I thought that not everyone looked good in it.
    BTW what horrible jacket was wearing Eric??? It was sort of bicolor:alienblush:

The case of the bomb, well WOW after almost half of the episode they discovered the bomb was the dress :lol:, but yeah it was pretty good especially for the scene w/ Eric & Ryan slamming the door. Ryan was sooooo :drool:.
    Anyway I preferred the other case.

Julia shouting & yelling is fantastic.
    When she went on saying "Johnny" I was OMG:eek:, but I have to say that Elisabeth Berkeley did a terrific job especially in that scene.
    The ending of the episode was just cute/sweet.
    I didn't know Julia was bipolar, I mean I think they should have mentioned it before 'cause when H asked for the pills I was "what? He already knew she's crazy?":lol:

Kyle,:shifty: dear Kyle, why are you always in trouble? Anyway I loved how he wanted to protect his mother.

Loved how all the actors shared almost the same amount of screentime:thumbsup:

Loved also when Eric told "Talia I didn't know you were expecting".

As for virtual screen things, I know that something similar exists in reality in NY, Milan & another city I can't remember. 2 days ago I watched a show on television about it. They could be very useful in the future to get your size without trying thousands of dresses. You choose your dress on a screen like this (the type of dress, the brand, the colour ...) & then they put you under a scanner which takes your perfect sizes:lol:.
    Surely the beach thing was too much even for this tool:guffaw:

I also liked when Eric asked Calleigh whatever happened to just standing in front of a mirror and Calleigh said: "A mirror can't remember all the outfits you tried on." :lol: I just love this side of Cal, also the one who get all the paparazzi magazines:guffaw:

There was only one thing I didn't like in this episode: Eric helping H w/ the car:rolleyes:. I mean I would have preferred to see H all alone crying desperate because of his family.

11. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Rex is in the credits.He is before Natalia and it is shown really fast.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think Eric coming in to help H was nice. I would have liked it if all of them came in to help him though. Calleigh and H haven't shared a scene together in I don't know how long. :lol: That's just weird. I'm not even sure H and Natalia have been in a scene together yet this season. :lol:

Yeah, the shot of him is a far away shot. You can't even see his face. I've been fussing about that from the beginning of the season. :lol: I think it's so unfair. Poor Rex. If they're not careful, they'll make him leave too like they did Khandi.

I said "purplish-pink", but I meant "pinkish-purple". :lol: It was kind of a mixture of the two colors. At least it looked that way on my screen. I can't think of the exact color name that's a mix of the two colors. Wisteria? Lilac? I dunno. :lol:

13. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh thanks, maybe it was a little bit too fast, I missed it:p

14. rahkira

rahkira Police Officer

Well, that epi explains a lot. Julia=bipolar. Like with she-who-shall-not-be-named, H needs his needy person, I guess to verify his goodness/value? Look out, J; remember what's happened to every other woman with whom he's had a romantic relationship! My vote? Keep Kyle, get rid of Julia. The poor kid has had enough confusion in his life, already. Not that H is the perfect parent, with his own insecurities, but he's got to be better than Julia, especially with the spector of Ron Saris still out there (no body, remember?).

15. bulletgirl

bulletgirl Rookie

Thats a point, i wonder when he's gonna show up again?? hmmm...Maybe H will get rid of him for good!! and to be honest im startin to feel sorry for Julia..i think deep down shes not all that bad and i wouldnt mind if H and her got together, Kyle could use a solid family, im interested to see how it will work out :)