Episode 7x05 - 'Bombshell' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 18, 2008.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think he thought the body was Kyle cause he was told ADULT blonde male. Kyle isn't an adult. I think Horatio just knew right away that it was the neighbor and he was worried that Kyle may have gotten in another fight with him and killed him by accident.

That website is working again and Bombshell caps are up: Bombshell caps.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2008
  2. symbeline

symbeline Witness

Thanks! Nice to meet you too *blushes*:hugegrin:

3. starshadow

starshadow Dead on Arrival

Wow, it's been *ages* since I was last here, but...now that I'm a bit more current with episodes than I used to be, here I go with my reactions to this one. Hopefully I won't step on anyone's toes...*makes peace sign*

a) The clothes-matching really went over-the-top, you think? I don't think I've seen the cast so perfectly coordinated before. In fact, my initial reaction was, "Someone's been loose in the strawberry fields, much?"

b) The look on Eric's face when Calleigh says, "A mirror doesn't remember..." is absolutely priceless. You can almost hear him thinking, "If I were your mirror, I'd damn well remember!" :)

c) Valera, I have missed you of late. Nice to see you again!

d) Horatio's paternal authority thing with Kyle sent me off into warm fuzzies.

e) Am not sure I like what's going on between Julia and Horatio - if only because the man has got to have the worst luck with women, to put it mildly. Plus, I didn't like Julia when she first showed up, so each time I see Horatio around her, my eyebrows fly to the ceiling and stay there.

f) That said, if the writers could rescue Calleigh from her past two boyfriends so that Eric could have a chance to get closer to her; surely they can make it so Horatio gets Julia out of his life without guilt cluttering up the exit, and give him a nice lady who can give back as good as she gets from him. Maybe?

g) I like Tara. I hope she gets a lot of good scenes and storylines while she's with the show. Poor Ms. Khandi was way underutilized, IMHO.

h) Dear Frank, that...TIE. 'nuff said. :)

i) Horatio fussing over the car in the crime lab, so worried he can hardly see the evidence in front of his face - great moment there. The part where he's all knotted up on the edge of the car seat, I could have sworn he was ready to shed tears of frustration!

Although I was wondering if he should even be processing, given his relationship to the owner of the car. So yay for Eric coming in as fresh eyes, and finding the key evidentiary material!

j) That LCD mirror thingy? My instant reaction was, "Call CNN! John King just lent out his touchscreen wall!"

k) Ryan in the interrogation room, with those muscles under that shirt. (fans self) 'nuff said.

OK, I 'll stop the gushing here, before people get eyestrain. Will try to post after the next episode!

4. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

It was too much. I don't mind if they want to match a little, but really, who needs all that pink/purple?

Me too.

I'm 100% with you. The whole thing just makes me uncomfortable. Though I have to say, I like him better with Julia than Marisol.

Maybe, but knowing TPTB, unlikely. Hmph.

I actually quite like her too. She's cute.

Me too! I really loved that scene. H showing real emotion. Not to mention that it was realistic. When Eric found the evidence I thought, why didn't Horatio see it? It was right there! Then I realized that he was probably too clouded with worry. Hence why he should not be working that case...but that's a different discussion.
    :guffaw:

Oh, I know. Did you see him in the autospy room with his shirt sleeves rolled up? Where did those muscles come from?

Great post, thanks!

5. GregNickRyanFan

I really really think all the pink and purple was for Breast Cancer Awareness. October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.

You know, I think they've always been there. :lol: I was watching some Special Unit 2 eps a couple of nights ago and I noticed in one scene in particular that his arm seemed to be much more muscular than I remembered them being. :lol:

6. starshadow

starshadow Dead on Arrival

Julia certainly raises more sparks against Horatio than Marisol. Julia's got harder edges, no doubt from the tough times she's had, always looking out for herself.

Though I admit I didn't see much of Marisol. But what I did see, makes me think that with her close family background and Delko hovering around, she'd be more familiar with what it's like to be cared for and loved - which in her case translated into her being a gentler character.

:p I remember my first reaction to the whole Horatio-Marisol relationship was, "Oh, please...from sister-in-law with issues, to colleague's sister with (health) issues...this is not going to end well."

But my mushy heart wanted to strangle the writers for killing Marisol so soon after the wedding. GAH. :eek:

7. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

LOl! I'm sure he was just thinking 'Okay then, whatever' His face said it all. Eric knows how to control himself, even in his mind.

8. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I finally got to watch the episode and I must say I enjoyed it very much. The story about the bomber wasn't interesting but the H family drama was.

We finally get to see H the family man, trying to take care of his kid and the mother of his son. Kyle is just a chip off he old block. He treis to fix things himself, not wanting to tell H about the neighbour, then offers to take the rap for his mother. Things think H would do too.

And for once we see an emotional H, defeated and needing help from Eric. Awesome acting and writing, I'm just glad we got a softer more emotional H back. And it's just awesome that he can't fix things for once for his family and needs Eric's help to do so.

The last scene with H and Julia was sweet. Awww.... :adore: If I had a choice I'd go for H and Yelina but I'm not minding H and Julia too much either cos they do have chemistry, unlike H and Marisol. And this time Julia's illness is more realistic. I can totally see her losing control from her bipolar and needing the lamotrigine to stabilise her mood. Unlike Marisol who had cancer but showed no signs or symptoms whatsoever.

It'll be interesting to see where tptb take the H/Julia story from here. From the looks of the last scene and when H kissed her on the top of her head, I think he's trying to tell her that he's here to stay and be there for her.

And one last thing I loved, seeing Ryan and Eric work together again. Them busting into the suspect's room with guns was just too :drool: But the two of them, one in pink and the other in purple had me :lol: for awhile.

And who's the new AV tech?

9. GregNickRyanFan

The new AV girl is named Jane Bartlett. Her real name is Samantha Quan I think.

10. Carro

Carro Dead on Arrival

I kind of like that there are some new lab techs this season; except for Valera, there's no lab tech who we really know more of than the maybe the name, and i'm hoping that the new ones this season might get some bigger roles. I mean, the other CSI shows have lab techs with pretty big roles, and i think it'd make CSI Miami more interesting if there were lab techs with a bit bigger roles, that maybe even got storylines sometime.

Yeah, i think it'll be very interesting to see where all of this will lead. I kind of like the thought that H and J still have feelings for each other, but on the other hand i'm not sure i like the thought of them getting together. Either way i thought the final scene with H/J in this epi was very sweet.

But i don't only wonder what's gonna happen with the H/J, i wonder what the writers have in store for just Julia too. Because from where i'm standing, i find it difficult to find a plot for her which most of the viewers would be happy with.
    They can in some way kill her, but then it'd be season four all over again.
    Thay can make J and H fall for each other and get together, but for heaven's sake - how many women can H fall in love with? It would totally make H's earlier relationships seem like big jokes.
    They can make Ron somehow force Julia to come with him somewhere (i'm gonna assume i'm not the only one to believe Ron's coming back), and then Julia will either have to die or be rescued by Horatio. And if she dies, we'll have the same problem as i first mentioned. If horatio saves her - c'mon how many women haven't we watched Horatio save?
    They can make Ron and J fall for each other when he comes back, but i think Julia made it pretty clear that she was on H's side in Resurrection.
    They can just make Julia slowly or all of a sudden disappear, and hope no one cares or notices. (I know, not very likely. but we've seen them do this before; Madison, Suzie, Ray Jr., etc. I don't think anyone really liked this then, and i doubt anyone will like it if it does it to Julia either.)

Or they could, of course, leave it at where it's now; let H just be there for Julia and Kyle when they need him. But then the fact that H and J does have some kind of feelings for each other still would remain. I mean, sure, they could make this another H/Y - a will they/will they not. I think another will they/will they not would be pretty fun if they do it right... But that can't go on forever, and sometime they'll have to decide what's gonna happen.

I know there are a million other things they can do with Elizabeth's character, but what i'm trying to say is that i don't have a clue where they're gonna take this, and that i think that's really fun. I just hope they have a good story figured out for Julia- and although i have been disappointed before by the writers, i still think they'll figure out a story that somehow will work. At least i really hope so.

11. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

I thought Julia was mentally instable when I saw "Raising Caine." I didn't think she killed Bill either so I thought this episode was great. It kind of filled in a few of the holes (and left a few more questions)

12. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

regardless of what H might feel for her, he better keep in mind that the lady is still a criminal - and putting them together would definitely downplay all his past relationships AND take away from his integrity to be the upstanding 'good guy'. I really get the feeling Julia is going to play on H's desire for family and how he tries to be a model citizen and servant to his city. I can't imagine her becoming a permanent fixture in his life... that would just end up being a total joke!! I mean, come on, how many broken women is H going to be put with? I know the guy is affixiated on the broken and wounded souls, but Jules - sorry, the more I think about it - I think she's up to no good - that's been her track record... he'd have to work a major miracle to keep her from going back to that kind of life (and his small bank roll isn't going to be attractive enough for the likes of a widow millionaire).

To TPTB, PLEASE find H a good solid woman - not another broken lady needing his help...

13. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I definetly agree with you, arcadian7. Horatio needs someone who is strong and independent and won't put up with any crap.

You know what I just thought about? This episode must have been pretty good because we're still talking about it. I suppose that could go the other way too, though. :lol:

14. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Hmmm.
    Maybe that's what H. needs, but that's not always what he seems to want or seems to think he needs.
    H has dated at least two strong independent women on the show. One we only saw as a victim, but the other, Rebecca Nevins, he broke up with. Aside from whether or not H and Rebecca were compatible or whether or not people liked her, she was a strong, independent woman who new what she wanted in life. She wouldn't "take it" from anyone, not even H.
    And H broke up with her.
    The women H keeps in touch with, takes care of, spends time with are victims. Suzy and Yelina are good examples of this. Suzy was a victim of her own drug abuse, but also of her physically abusive husband, and (technically) of Ray Caine's manipulation. Yelina was a victim of her husband and of Rick Stetler.
    Simply put, the hero likes being a hero.
    H will stick around with whatever woman needs his help.
    Julia desperately needs his help, whether she is willing to admit it or not.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
  15. arcadian7

arcadian7 Witness

MaddyAnn, as much as I want to see Julia go to jail for her involvements in her husband's death and to give custody of Kyle to Horatio, Bombshell was a very powerful epi. Needy or not, the lady "needs" to go... I still have a deep feeling that she's playing H big time... she's been in the manipulating biz way too long... although I do feel for her and if her affliction is true and has affected her behavior, I still wouldn't feel H should be with her... be there for her... but nothing more...

As for Rebecca Nivens, Horatio broke up with her because she was acting too big for her britches - she was looking at her cases ONLY to win - not on the angle of what was right - a big difference. I think they were very compatible - I loved the banter between them when she first came on the scene - it was priceless seeing both of them posturing around each other. Horatio, however, is so dedicated to the badge and upholding the law, and yeah, you can bring up how H tweaked the law to suit himself, prefers honest folks. Rebecca would cut deals as long as it got her a win in the courtroom - that's not how H operates. As for when Rachael was murdered - that was obviously a lady who would have been a great match for him too despite our knowing little about her - seeing how destroyed he was showed how he obviously cared deeply for. Rebecca - yup - strong but not his cuppa when he saw the kind of attorney she was and he chose to leave her because she was willing to cut deals just to win. He's about an honest day's work and putting the bad guys in jail... she just wants to add up the strokes in the win column... a lady can be independent, but if she lacks honesty, I'd draw the conclusion based on what he did with Rebecca that H would be outta there...

Horatio definitely likes being a hero and like many heroes, he'll probably remain alone... which is too bad...