"Art Imitates Life" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, October 23, 2008
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#903) "Art Imitates Life"

THE CSI TEAM INVESTIGATES A SERIES OF VICTIMS FOUND SEEMINGLY FLASH FROZEN IN PLACE AFTER DEATH. - When a series of victims are found deceased seemingly in the middle of everyday activities, the CSIs must determine what is causing them to remain upright after death. -- The team investigates the murders of woman found in the park posed. An artist becomes one of the suspects when they find out he has his models pose as dead bodies for his pictures. Also being two CSI's short Ecklie hires a new CSI Riley Adams (Lauren Lee Smith) joins the team, and a Peer Counselor named Patricia Martin comes to the lab to help Warrick's former colleagues deal with his death.

GUEST CAST:
    Patricia Alwick: Alex Kingston
    Jerzy Skaggs: Jeffrey Tambor
    Langston Weller: Will McCormack
    Conrad Ecklie: Marc Vann
    Det. Vartann: Alex Carter
    Mandy Webster: Sheeri Rappaport
    Henry Andrews: Jon Wellner
    Jogger: K.C. Ramsey
    Stroller Lady: Clara York
    Carlotta Perotti: Geneva Somers
    Det. Gabriel Williams: Gabriel Casseus
    Cabbie: Googy Gress
    Bird Watcher: Joe Ochman
    Distraught Woman: Alexandra Barreto
    Arthur Blisterman: Ritchie Coster
    Harley Soon: Davis Wyn
    Street Person #1: Nina Millin
    Street Person #2: Jordan Tartakow
    Street Person #3: Gregg Binkley
    Boy: Carsun Hall

WRITTEN BY: Evan Dunsky
    DIRECTED BY: Kenneth Fink

THANKS TO:
    The Futon Critic
    TV.Com
    'Art Imitates Life' In Sin City

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Two different characters or did they change the name at some point?

I used to watch Alex Kingston on ER (Dr. Corday). And Jeffrey Tambor was hilarious on Arrested development and other shows.

3. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I'm curious to see Nick with the counselor cause we know how he feels about therapists. I can picture him being very hostile with the nice lady.

And it's like an ER reunion, both Marg and George appeared on ER at different times.

4. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

is this the episode where everybody gets that counciling over losing Warrick?

if so...why wouldn't they keep Sara around for one more episode? she lost him too :confused:
    so confused by TPTB

5. iluvgreg80

iluvgreg80 Hit and Run

Hi, I'm new here. Nick really hated the therapist in the episode where they did the birthing thing on that one boy. Nick seems like he's sheltered and may have some issues, but he's also nice when he wants to be. He probably often has to be assertive. I will so miss Grissom.

6. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I think it would be great if when they did Nick and the conselor, they have a vague line like, "So how have you been since the last time we met together?" sorta thing because i'm sure Nick was in some sort of therapy after being buried alive...

7. LaSquisita

LaSquisita Rookie

Sara quit and is not eligible for the benefits and services that the ones who are still working at the lab would be. :rolleyes:
    LaSquisita

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This ep looks kind of creepy. :lol: Might be good. :)

9. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

She was hired by Eckley and works for the lab, Sara as they made a point of saying in last weeks ep doesn't work there and doesn't have any rights when it comes to there. Therefore she wouldn't be allowed to seek counseling through the lab.

10. Toots

Toots Pathologist

Not one scene of Greg in the previews. I hope he's in this one, seeing the therapist.

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Because she quit the lab last year. She's not a staff member. As Destiny pointed out.

12. Alex

Alex Lab Technician

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

14. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Personally I hope this episode is better then the last one. Last week disappointed me, but like someone said...it looks kinda creepy and what better to have around Halloween time. Plus the introduction to a new character. I still don't know what to make of Riley, but one thing I know is that I'm getting a different vibe from this character then when Ronnie showed her face last season...I'm kinda looking forward to seeing how the entire lab welcomes her.

Jeffrey Tambor is a wonderful actor and I've posted over on the main spoilers page at one time, I wish Wally Langham's character got to interact with the character Tambor will be playing. They both worked together for a number of years with the larry sanders show and I'd love to see this little reunion, but I know that won't happen.

As for the Counselor...that should be interesting to see. To hear how everyone is dealing with the loss. I'm curious about Catherine, and just how well she's dealing with this whole situation and of course the obvious...Nick!

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

It didn't seem to show Riley that much IMO. And anyways it's her first ep and they kinda gotta do that to intro the character and it's better to get everyone aquainted with her. Miami dropped the ball on that with new character Tara. She was only in a couple of scenes her first ep, so it's taking more time to get a feel for the character.

I like that little moment between Riley and Superdave though. That smile he gave her with the little laugh. :lol: Cute.

Is it just me or does that first vic kinda look like Heather Graham? :lol: