"For Warrick" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2008.

1. csinut

csinut Lab Technician

Re: "For Warrick" Season Premiere Discussion *SPOILERS*

This was such a great ep!
    I bawled the first 20 minutes or, so...then recovered awhile, then bawled the last 10! OMG, the look Grissom had on his face when Catherine came to the alley and started sobbing...BP can convey so much emotion with just a facial expression...Ecklie asking SuperDave if he had photographed Warricks body yet, SuperDave looks at him like he's freakin' nuts, "No".
    Greg seeing Grissom covered in blood, the look on Gregs face, I just about lost it then, too. I'm glad it was Nick that finally bagged the scummersherriff...but I don't think that we've seen the last of him.
    That was so sweet when Grissom and Sara were watching Warricks DVD...maybe they will adopt Eli?! I love Jf's new hair style...
    The funeral was sooo sad...Grissom saying I miss him...
    All the actors were great in this ep...
    I definitely will watch this again on ondemand...

2. luna1951

luna1951 Civilian

I saw tears on Grissom's cheeks, and his trembling chin and lips just undid me.

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I really enjoyed the episode. Although I'm not sure that 'enjoyed' is the right word, it was a good episode... It was terribly sad, I sobbed through the first ten minutes, and then again at the end. No holding back, I just let the tears flow. :(

Grissom was fantastic, William Petersen played it perfectly in my opinion. Nick did show a lack of emotion at the beginning, but I'm assuming that he was in shock and perhaps his emotions will play out in some other way during the upcoming episodes (and his emotions were definitely there when he found McKeen). Catherine's tears really got me, and the way they all just seemed unsure what to do, with Grissom just sat by Warrick on the floor, covered in blood. :( Everyone did a great job. Sara's reappearance was understated but poignant, and it seemed right considering the situation.

I'm not sure I was convinced by the need for Warrick to have a secret child that he was fighting for the custody of? He loved Grissom but never shared this information with him, or anyone else in the lab? I don't know, maybe I'm being overly harsh but I found it a little unnecessary, however good it was to find out a little bit more about Warrick. It was sad to see Tina and the baby at the end. I'll miss Warrick. I'm intrigued to see what's in the store for the rest of the season, and if we'll see (or hear about) what happens to McKeen.

4. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Well, I finally got to see the end... when Nick finds McKeen. I couldn't last night because the station that provides us with CSI decided to go crazy and the tv went black!
    I cried today when I watched it. Last night I was able to hold it together, but seeing it again made me cry. I don't know what I am going to do when it comes out on DVD next year.

It was a really good episode. Well written. Can't wait for next week, but I'm gonna miss my buddy Warrick :(

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

CBS just put this retrospective of Warrick on youtube.

You're going to need tissues. I'm going to miss Warrick.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I loved when he said "I can get a print off of air." :lol:

Seeing the funeral scene again and seeing Nicky crying made me tear up.

Did the show ever show Nicky and Warrick hug? I don't recall one, but it's a shame if they didn't. Sara and Greg are best friends and including last night have hugged at least three times. :lol: I know the "guy hug" is different, but I don't remember one.

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I give CBS credit, that was a fitting tribute.

8. RocketScientist

RocketScientist Police Officer

Errr you just said all that I want to say!! 100% agree.

I would have stood up at the end of the episode and given a round of applause with tears down my face! Cheers and asked for endless curtain calls.

Rather than repeat all the above I would just add my total appriecation to the CSI production for easily the best heart wrenching episode of the franchise - and *that* is not easy. Sorry Quentin. Wonderful drama, done to perfection. What performances wow. This is what story telling is all about. Loved it. :thumbsup:

9. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

Wow, what a great episode. It felt very 'old-school' CSI. I think this season might attract back fans who were lost from the last 2, if they can keep it up. It seems like tptb have realized the mistakes they have been making, and finally got their crap together. The episode had elements that the previous premiere were missing. It was dramatic, but not over done. There wasn't any cheesy moments, it was well written. There weren't any glaring errors in the time line or story. The acting was phenomenonal, and we finally got the feeling of a group effort again.

I disagree that this was a bad way for Warrick to leave the show. He was the tragic character of Vegas, and it seemed very fitting to me that his ending was tragic. Also, it made one hell of an episode.

I think the beginning and end were the best parts. Grissom's expression as he sees the car and runs down the alley changes as he realizes the situation and recognizes Warricks car. Well done. The scene when both Catherine and Ecklie arrives is devastating, especially when Grissom is sitting on the ground. Him being covered in blood is pretty horrific, and it seemed like he was in shock. Nick was somber, angry and in shock. I think it was better to have Grissom find Warrick, just because we are not used to seeing him so emotional, so the scene had more of an impact. But i would have liked to see his reaction.

I loved how they showed everyone grieving, really emphasized how the crime lab was like a family, and they managed to include everyone. I didn't notice Bobby until i went back to watch it again.

This episode did however point out how useless Sara's character has become on the show, in the context of CSI. It was good that she came back, to have the team together, and for her friend. But apart from dealing with the grieving, she seemed really out of place. I doubt if she would have been able to just walk around with access to the crime lab like that. I liked the reunion, and the scene with Greg in Warrick's apartment. But it appears they finally realized (or at least for one eppy), WHY people dislike GSR. Sara actually interacted with others, also Grissom was tied up dealing with it, and wasn't cut off from other people. The team was back indeed.

I thought it was cute that Warrick had a picture of them all in his room, although they should have put a wig on Jorja, it was obvious that was a recent photo!

And of course the end! I like how they had the whole team, right at the front, emphasizing that they were his family, and they were all he had. I think Grissom didn't realize how much of impact he had on Warrick's life until now, and it showed on his face. Reminds me of when Catherine told him that people were building a family around him, whether he liked it or not. Seeing Grissom starting to lose it was enough for me, that right there was the money shot of the episode. And I liked how the team also reacted, just as he started to lose it. I didn't notice the first time, i could tell they reacted, but i didn't notice both Nick and Catherine had tears running down their faces. Seeing the usual calm, collected, unemotional Grissom trying very hard not to cry had a HUGE impact, and that was very well played.

My only beef was Catherine and Grissom didn't really say anything to each other...i know its a lot to fit into one eppy, but where did their great friendship go? Bah.

Well done, i hope they keep this up. For a show to pull off episodes of this caliber in its NINTH season is unheared of. And that is why CSI is the greatest tv show of all time, period.

PS - Saw season 8 dvds today (they come out on tuesday), they are nice, not the cheap box sets like the new Miami and new york ones, have the normal amount of special features, but only 2 eppy commentaries.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I didn't even notice that about Sara's hair in the pic. :lol: Maybe the photo was from after she left and they had to photoshop her into the photo. :lol:

11. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

No, I doubt that very much. It didn't look photoshopped, it was obviously a recent photo.

12. erep

erep Witness

I also noticed Jorja's hair in that photo and thought it looked very recent. I guess we all have to remember that we could assume that Sara came back briefly for a visit -- fourth of July picnic? Writers (and photographers!) have creative license to help us believe all sorts of stuff so that their fiction "makes sense." Just because such an event was never mentioned in a script doesn't mean it couldn't have happened...it must have (!) for the photo to make any sense. Ah, the devil is in the details!:devil:

13. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That little Warrick Tribute they did was very nice.

It is weird watching old CSI's now and knowing Warrick is dead. :( But I think it was a fitting way for him to be written off too.

About the ratings they were good but they were down from last year, but everything has been down this year from last year.

14. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

The thing wrong with the pic is that this episode is supposed to be a continuation of "For Gedda" - the season 8 finale. So, technically Sara wouldn't have been gone long at that point and probably wouldn't have returned at all yet.

Did anyone notice the game tickets Sara picked up at Warrick's place? I believe the date was May 31st, 2008. That would have made sense if this episode was shown right after part 1. That's what I hate about cliffhangers that 'supposedly' pick right up in the next season premieres. It tends to make everything seem 'off'.

15. Jacqui

Jacqui Police Officer

I don't know if anyone's noted this yet, and I made mention of it in another thread, but I'll repeat myself. :D I don't know if anyone else made this connection, but I absolutely loved the way McKeen got away from the scene of the wreck - on his belly, like the snake that he was. Mad Props to the writers on that one - beautifully done.

It really hit me that Warrick is gone at the funeral, seeing his photo in front of his flag-draped casket (I was really glad to see the flag, too). He's smiling quite brightly in the photo, and I don't know that we've seen that Warrick in a looong time. It was kind of like - oh, I remember that guy. I miss him already!