Road Trip! The Final Frontier.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Finch, Dec 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenna_Caine

Jenna_Caine Police Officer

HAHAHA!!! Man, I love me! Or Jenna... Or... Whatever... *wipes eyes* Classic! :lol: :guffaw: Wonderfully done, Geni!

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ I feel your pain. Classes make having any other type of life incredibly difficult.

That being said, amazing updates! I love Scott and Lori together... I really hope she's changed from the way Speedle describes her... I'd hate to see her use Scott, because he's a sweetheart.

I digress (somewhat).

Great update! :D

3. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Scott did the right thing, and I'm glad he did. I hope he realizes that the Lori he loves is a vast difference than the Lori of the past- the one that Speed seems so keen on remembering. Lori's trying, and she has a long way to go, but I think with Scott with her, she can make a comeback! Yeah,...so I'm on Team Scott :)) *shamless Twilight plug* :D

Awesome update, Geni! And I hope you had a blast on vacation!

4. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Great updates Geni,

I have to agree that with Scott's help Lori will stay on the positive side of her life. I love these two as a couple. Scott is very adorable, and you can't help but love him.:)

Looking forward to your next update.:)

5. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Wee. :D Thanks for the reviews y'all! I am now back from vacation so I can finally get back here, heh. I almost died without my computer. Okay, I didn't, I barely thought about my computer but I certainly did think about this fic so ha.

And I'm thinking an 11th thread might be in order too. Of course, that's if you guys are interested. I kind of want to end it when it feels right now, not to make the thread numbers even. See? I did lots of meditation while I was gone. :p

I'll be back in a bit with the update!

6. MacsLovlyAngl

*Looks around* Sees the Road Trip stampede as we all rush in and say....

More, more, more.:lol:

I think that's awesome Geni, if you decide to continue this.

*No Pressure:lol::cool:

7. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Of course I'll take thread 11 12 13, I'm not going to complain;)....whenever you feel it's done, that's when it's done! Glad you had a great time!

Can't wait for another update:D

8. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I'm game either way. I'd love to see more, but if you wanna stop, that's cool too. :)

Can't wait for the next update! :)

9. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

WHOOO HOOO!! thread number 11. Seven 11 baby. :D

And those are hilarious updates, girly. I hope that Scott and Lori don't end up like every other '______ and Lori' situations. I actually like Scott.. and I'm starting to like Lori too. *Gasp*

10. Finch

Er, sorry I haven't been back yet. :lol: Real Life and Writer's Block suck. :p GASPAGE. Heather is starting to like Lori? :eek: :eek: No wayz.

Thanks for the feedback y'all!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Café, Miami, one week later

Katie: *sips coffee* So where's your boy toy?

Lori: *opens newspaper* New York.

Katie: Wow, already? When did he leave?

Lori: Last week.

Katie: Damn. Why'd you let him go?

Lori: *flips page* He has a job and a life. Besides, I don't think Miami's his thing.

Katie: You aren't going to visit him?

Lori: He's got a bunch of big-man business conferences for the next month, I think he'll be a little busy for idle chatter. It's okay though, it was fun while it lasted.

Katie: You have fun?

Lori: Ha. Ha.

Katie: I don't think you should have let him go. *shrugs* I mean, I spent years going after your father.

Lori: *flips page* That's not love, that's obsessiveness and it's no wonder you're divorced.

Katie: Hey. We had a great relationship before he cheated on me. It's his fault.

Lori: There's the loving spirit.

Katie: What, you don't fault him for it?

Lori: *lifts eyes*

Katie: HA. Of course you'd be under the mentality of 'daddy can do no wrong' but I'm the big screwup, right?

Lori: I didn't say that.

Katie: You don't have to say anything. You just gave me the same look he did when I told him the same thing.

Lori: *looks down at newspaper* You both screwed up your marriage.

Katie: That's what he said too! Why can't someone take my side for a change?

Lori: I'm not taking anyone's side.

Katie: Yes you are. You listen to your dad more than you listen to me.

Lori: Since when?

Katie: Since you do whatever he says and you don't listen to anything I say.

Lori: I don't listen to anything he says either.

Katie: Yes you do! When you first came back to Miami, you listened to him.

Lori: Uh yeah, when he was in the room sure. I listened to Horatio, too. Well, after I was finished screaming obscenities at him.

Katie: You screamed obscenities at Horatio Caine? When?

Lori: At the Embassy.

Katie: Why?

Lori: I was mad. Some cop was going to take me away to a foreign country.

Katie: The US is not a foreign country.

Lori: *rolls eyes*

Katie: See this is why we don't have a relationship, you never tell me these things about yourself. So wha'd you think about your father when you first met him?

Lori: *reading paper*

Katie: Well?

Lori: *flips page*

Katie: Come on Lori, you're finally almost sort of opening up to me. This is good for us.

Lori: Why don't you ask me what I thought about you?

Katie: Because I'm not sure I want to know the answer to that.

Lori: *smirks*

Katie: What? Okay fine, what did you think about me?

Lori: I thought you were sweet.

Katie: *lifts brows* Me? Sweet? You liked me?

Lori: At first.

Katie: *throws crouton* That's not funny.

Lori: *smiles*

Katie: Alright, now spill about your father so I can throw it in his face.

Lori: You're insane.

Katie: I know. Where do you think you got your insanity from?

Lori: *shakes head*

Katie: Soo....

Lori: I thought he was...a stranger? I don't know. He's not exactly an open book.

Katie: Was he nice to you?

Lori: Not really but he wasn't mean either.

Katie: Well that gives me nothing.

Lori: Sorry.

Katie: But you think he's nice now, right?

Lori: Uh define nice.

Katie: ...Huh. You have a point. Well anyway, you have no idea how long it took me to get him to stop helping you. I finally made him realize you're a good-for-nothing manipulative bitch with no future. *chomps on salad*

Lori: *stares at Katie*

Katie: I don't know why you don't just go back to Colombia and live there. It would save everyone the trouble.

Lori: *folds newspaper, places it on table, leans back in chair*

Katie: *chewing*

Lori: You don't love me?

Katie: *laughs*

Lori: *staring at Katie*

Katie: That's hilarious, you have nothing short of a sense of humour, I can tell you that. *laughing*

Lori: *looks down at table*

Katie: *wipes eyes* Oh man I needed that, that was good. Why would I love you?

Lori: ...You're my mother.

Katie: *snorts* Only biologically.

Lori: *nods* You know, when you said 'relationship' and us talking being good, I assumed-

Katie: Talking to you and getting along, that's all. We need to keep a good repore through all of this. So do you have those drug test results with you? I want to make sure my money was well-spent, afterall. Well, now it's up to the county but I paid the initial treatment thing which was pretty stupid. It's only because Horatio talked me into it, the jerk.

Lori: *hands over paper*

Katie: *looks down* They screened for everything, right?

Lori: As far as I know.

Katie: Good. Don't want you slipping through the radar with anything.

Lori: *sips tea*

Katie: So where's my money?

Lori: Excuse me?

Katie: I expect to be paid back for sending you there. I don't want to get a court order but my lawyer says I should.

Lori: The flat fee was almost $3000.

Katie: Yeah. You didn't get the letter from my lawyer before you got there stating that it was a loan?

Lori: My mail was intercepted.

Katie: Not my fault. So how do you want to do this? Large bills or a cheque?

Lori: I...I don't have that kind of money right now. The county gets half of my wages and I have house bills.

Katie: So be a little late with your rent.

Lori: I still don't have that kind of money.

Katie: How much do you get a week?

Lori: $600. That's before the county takes half of it.

Katie: Well you have 3 days to comply or you get to go to court.

Lori: Are you kidding me? They're going to take my house.

Katie: You're used to living on the streets.

Lori: *stares blankly*

Katie: *laughs* Bet you wish you still had those millions now, huh?

Lori: Mom, I'm trying very hard...but if you do this right now, it's going to ruin everything.

Katie: So get a second job.

Lori: ...

Katie: Work at a convenience store, go apply at McDonalds. Recycle thrown away cans.

Lori: *nods*

Katie: Oh there's also another claim you should know about. Damages for emotional distress. *smiles* You should be served this afternoon.

Lori: ...You're suing me for emotional distress.

Katie: It's my right. And after everything I've been through, I doubt a judge will have any problem with it. But on the bright side, there's a couple of shelters downtown if you really want a place to stay. Although they do have a bit of a drug problem down there...anyway, it's a good thing you're going to get those jobs then huh? Wait, you have a car right?

Lori: ...Truck.

Katie: Not anymore. *wipes mouth with napkin* So anyhow, thanks for gettin' these test results back to me and I'll see you in court. *stands, leaves*

Lori: *covers forehead, closes eyes*

TBC............................

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  11. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

*blinks* ok yeah. I like Lori now... but I really want to throw katie against a wall and let Speed beat some sense into her. *shakes head*

12. MacsLovlyAngl

:scream::scream:Auuugh!!! #$%$#$#$ Katie, what a *itc*. :scream::scream: and that's being nice.!!!!:scream:

Is sad. Poor Lori, hugs her close:(. Hopes she can survive her evil so called mothers craziness, and stay clean

Bring Scott back....I miss him already.:(:lol:And Lori needs him.:(

:):)Great update Geni. Looking forward to the next chapter.:):)

13. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Wow... Katie's not very loving, huh? I mean, I understand Lori's done a lot of crazy crap to them, but she's been good lately. She's turning her life around. And Katie's ruining it.

Either that, or she's giving Lori a reason to run away to NY and be with Scott... ;)

Great update!

14. Anni Grey

Anni Grey Coroner

Ugh... what's up with Katie??? Lori's doing her best, staying clean, not killing people, and not lying...wtf is up with Katie? And I hope Scott will be around more, I'd hate for Lori to find something nice and lose it. And it begs to be asked again...WTF is up with KATIE????

lol...Excellent update!

15. Finch

Thanks so much as always for the reviews y'all. :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Two weeks later, Miami, apartment

Anni: *puts dishes into cupboard*

Knock on door is heard

Anni: *lifts brow* That's funny...Girl Guides should be in bed by now and I already own a bible. *walks over to door, opens it* ...Lori?

Lori: *leaning against doorframe*

Anni: You look horrible. What's wrong?

Lori: ...Is my dad here.

Anni: He's in the bedroom. *steps aside* Come on in.

Lori: *staggers in*

Anni: *closes door* Are you drunk?

Lori: *rubs forehead* No. I just haven't slept in a few days.

Speed: *walks into living room* ...Anni, I thought we agreed not to let in strays.

Anni: *crosses arms* She's soaking wet and exhausted. I wasn't going to let her collapse outside our front door.

Speed: *sigh* What's wrong now?

Lori: May I sit?

Speed: ...Yes.

Lori: Thank you. *sits on couch*

Speed: So what's going on?

Lori: I just spent the last two weeks giving half my paycheques to my mother because she sued me.

Speed: She sued you?

Lori: Yeah. *laughs* It's brilliant.

Speed: Well I don't have extra cash, so-

Lori: I don't want your money. I just...*sigh*...I don't know what I want. I'm just tired.

Speed: How are you paying her?

Lori: Three jobs. Travel place from 5am-1pm, then from 2pm-10pm I do filing and data entering for the company upstairs. Then from 11pm-4am I work at the university waxing floors. *yawns*

Anni: *looks down at watch* It's already 10:25pm.

Lori: The university gave me the night off.

Anni: Why?

Lori: I fell asleep on the waxing machine.

Speed: This is ridiculous. You're going to work yourself to death.

Lori: Yeah but Mom'll get her money faster. So far she's gotten $2464.13. And the county isn't taking half my pay anymore. So I figure if I work another 2 weeks the same way, the treatment loan is completely paid off and her emotional distress claim will almost be paid.

Speed: Emotional distress? For what?

Lori: Apparently when I had just come back, I threw a plate of spaghetti at her then lit a cigarette and spouted something off in Portuguese. Not sure why she even brought that up in court but anyway, besides that, I stole her money, endangered her family, made her worry about her own life and embarassed her in front of all of society. To dumb it down anyway. There was a lot more. She even had a flow chart.

Speed: A flow chart.

Lori: Mhm. Thanks for teaching her the meaning of evidence, I appreciate it.

Anni: *elbows Speed*

Speed: *looks at Anni* What?

Anni: *mumbles* That thing you got in the mail.

Speed: What thing?

Anni: You know...the thing.

Lori: Yes, what thing?

Anni: Tim got a letter from your grandmother. *runs into kitchen*

Lori: *lifts brow*

Speed: *scratches head*

Anni: *runs back* Here.

Lori: ...*opens envelope*

Anni: *smiles*

Lori: *reading* ...

Anni: Well?

Lori: *pulls out card* She sent me a credit card.

Anni: What else, what else!

Lori: *flips page* She wants me to...visit her in New York. *lifts head* Because I didn't have time the last time I was there.

Anni: Isn't it awesome!

Lori: No. I can't just pack up and leave, I have jobs I need to get back to. And I don't even know this woman, I'm not going to take her money.

Anni: Can't you go on sick leave?

Lori: That would be dishonest.

Anni: ...*looks at Speed* Oh my God, did you get that on tape?

Speed: *smirks*

Lori: As much as I would love a vacation, it's only going to put off the amount of work I need to get finished.

Anni: You've been working two weeks straight around the clock without much sleep. Katie's not going to get any money if you're dead from exhaustion. You have a grace period with each payment, right?

Lori: Yeah about a week. The judge seemed to be a rational human being.

Anni: So take this week off. Explain to your bosses that you've been under a lot of duress and you need a week to get back on your feet. It's not lying, it's true.

Lori: *narrows eyes* Are you trying to get rid of me or something?

Anni: *laughs* No. It's clear you've been working your ass off, even moreso now that Katie decided to stick her fingers in everything.

Lori: It certainly doesn't seem clear to her. Apparently she's only my mother biologically.

Speed: She said that to you?

Lori: Yeah, after she laughed at me. I'm sure she's said it to you too. Afterall, she finally convinced you that I'm a good-for-nothing manipulative bitch with no future. Her words, not mine.

Speed: *frowns*

Anni: Why would she say such a thing?

Lori: Can you blame her? That's exactly what I was. Anyway, I appreciate dearest Grandma's offer but I can't accept this. *places card on table*

Anni: How much is it for?

Lori: *looks down at paper* $13,000.

Anni: *stares blankly* ...How does that woman even HAVE that much money to throw around?

Speed: Maybe she doesn't want her to stay just one week.

Lori: Doesn't matter. I'm not going.

Anni: Oh come on, don't you love The Big Apple? It's your kind of town.

Lori: You're not going to break out into sing-song, are you?

Anni: *sings* Start spreadin' the newwwws!

Lori: *frowns*

Anni: I'm leavin' today! I want to BE a part of it! NEW YORK! NEW YORK!

Lori: *rolls eyes*

Anni: These vagabond shoes are longin' to straaaaay right through the heart of it, NEW YORK! NEW YORK!

Lori: OKAY! I'm going! Jesus Christ. Don't quit your day job. *stands, grabs card*

Anni: YAY! *jumps up and down* Now I kind of want to go. Hey c-

Speed: No.

Anni: Damn.

Next day, Miami lab, layout room

Jenna: *turns on blow torch*

Heather: *walks over* Hey, what are ya up to?

Jenna: I'm inventing warp drive.

Heather: Why?

Jenna: Because Katie told me to.

Heather: Uh huh...how's it going so far?

Jenna: Well, I burned my finger, glued my forehead to this large piece of metal and drew hearts all over the schematics.

Heather: Oh, hearts? Who do you have a crush on?

Jenna: I don't draw and tell.

Heather: Is it Eric?

Jenna: *snort*

Heather: Fine. Speed?

Jenna: Uh yeah as much as I'd like to be another notch on his bedpost, I don't think so.

Heather: Ryan?

Jenna: Hm. *rubs chin*

Heather: BACK OFF HE'S MINE!

Jenna: *wide-eyed*

Heather: *coughs* I must have developed a rare case of ticks. *clears throat* So, Horatio?

Jenna: I told you, I'm not telling.

Heather: *grabs schematics* J + H forever. That kind of narrows it down, don't you think?

Jenna: *frowns* It could say Jenna + Heather.

Heather: ...

Jenna: *snatches schematics*

Lilly: *runs in* Heather, Ryan's looking for you.

Heather: Why? Why-why why would he be looking for me?

Lilly: He needs your help in the CSI Garage holding something.

Heather: *smiles* Really.

Lilly: Wow you have a dirty mind.

Heather: *runs*

Lilly: *looks at paper* Who's J + H?

Jenna: NO ONE. GEEZ.

Lilly: *stares blankly*

CSI Garage

Heather: *runs in, slips on oil, crashes into cart*

Ryan: *lifts head from car*

Heather: I'M HERE!

Ryan: You okay?

Heather: *stands* You need my help?

Ryan: Uh well I didn't ask for you specifically but Lilly thought you'd like to help.

Heather: *smile fades* You didn't ask for me specifically?

Ryan: Or...yes I did? *laughs* Ha, I was just joking.

Heather: *frowns*

Ryan: Seriously. I really do need your help. You'd be perfect for the job.

Heather: *glaring*

Ryan: You're the best helper on the planet, I swear, it can only be you. No one else. I love you?

Heather: *smiles* YAY! *runs over, hugs Ryan*

Ryan: OW OW OW!

Heather: *squeezes tight* I knew you couldn't hide your feelings for very long, my fashion-coordinated stud muffin.

Ryan: Why do I open my mouth?

New York, large house

Grandma: OH LOOK AT YOU! *hugs Lori* You're so beautiful!

Lori: *smiles nervously* Thanks.

Grandma: *lets go* The last time I saw you, you were thiiiis big. *lowers hand to floor* I'll have someone get your bags!

Lori: Oh no it's okay, I've only got the one.

Grandma: You've only got one bag? No no no. A woman should have more than a carry-on with them, especially here. Did you bring a coat?

Lori: No.

Grandma: *waves hand* Typical Miami, it's okay, we'll get you one. It gets a bit nippy around these parts. OH do you like chocolate chip cookies? I just made some.

Lori: *smiles* They're my favourite, actually.

Grandma: EXCELLENT! I'll go get you some! *waddles away*

Lori: *smile fades, looks around*

Grandma: *waddles back carrying plate* COOKIES!

Lori: Thank you.

Grandma: Such good manners you have. Now eat quickly, we have a gala to attend.

Lori: *lifts brows* Sorry? Gala?

Grandma: Why yes. My good friend Doris Finch just released her first book draft. I hear it's exquisite. This is all a good-wishes party for her.

Lori: *stares blankly* Finch.

Grandma: Yes, poor dear, her husband was just incarcerated. It's one of the reasons we organized this gala for her, she needs to get right back in the social hot seat after all of that. I'll have my maid bring you the proper attire and makeup. *waddles away*

Lori: ...Wonderful.

Two hours later, gala centre

Grandma: *pushes Lori* Go on, up the steps!

Lori: How did you even have this dress?

Grandma: My maid went to pick it up. After I recieved your call, I had her go right away. I hope the size is okay.

Lori: It's...perfect, I guess. I'm not having a hard time breathing or anything.

Grandma: *smiles* And you like the way she did your makeup? I find just a tad enhances one's natural beauty much more than these runway models and their globs. You could sit a semi trailer on their eyelashes.

Grandma: Come now, our seats are over this way. *waddles*

Lori: *follows* This is looking like quite a large...event for someone only releasing a draft.

Grandma: Doris is one of the most influential women in this city. It's no surprise. It's a shame her husband isn't here to share the celebration.

Lori: Are other members of her family here?

Grandma: I think so...I know her sister recieved an invitation as well as her brother. OH and her son should be here somewhere. *taps chin* He's a fine gentleman.

Lori: I imagine. *looks around*

Grandma: DORIS! *waves* YOOHOO! Over here!

Lori: *lifts brow*

Grandma: You'll find I'm not exactly as 'posh' as these other youngsters. The best way to get someone's attention is to just bloody well yell out for 'em. DORIS!

Doris: *looks over, smiles, walks over* I knew you would make it.

Grandma: *hugs Doris* Congratulations dear.

Doris: Thank you. I'm so proud of my book!

Grandma: I'm sure it'll be quite the read!

Doris: *looks around* Where's my son? Gosh, he's always getting introduced to someone around here. It's my opinion that my friends are simply grabbing him to sell him off to their daughters. *laughs*

Grandma: *laughs*

Doris: Well, I have a few people I need to meet. I'll see you in a few! *walks away*

Lori: *shakes head*

Grandma: She's a bit of a stick in the butt but quite nice anyhow. *sits*

Lori: *sits*

Grandma: Have you been to many of these?

Lori: No. The closest I've ever come to one of these was in a wax museum.

Grandma: *laughs* You'll get the hang of it. Oh, over there, that's Doris' son! *points*

Lori: *looks across room*

Grandma: He's the one sitting with that little blonde dish. I hear she's the daughter of the Chief of Police.

Lori: *staring across room*

Grandma: If you ask me, she could use a little less boob and a little more dress.

Lori: *looks down at plate* Yeah.

An hour later

Grandma: Oh good, Doris is finished meeting with all of her higher-ups. Time to go visit! *grabs Lori*

Lori: No, I think it would be better if I stayed here.

Grandma: Nonsense, you're here with me, it'll be okay.

Across room

Grandma: OH DORIS!

Doris: *smiles* Ah, my favourite girl.

Grandma: Oh you know it. Show me to your lovely family, I haven't met any of them yet.

Doris: Well, this is my sister Kathy and my brother Bill and my son Scott.

Scott: *looks over*

Doris: This is my friend Mrs. Speedle.

Scott: *staring at Lori*

Lori: *looking around*

Doris: Scott!

Scott: Nice to meet you.

Grandma: *smiles* It's a pleasure. This is my granddaughter, Lori. *elbows Lori*

Lori: Mm. *nods*

Scott: *staring at Lori*

Doris: Scott, aren't you going to introduce your date?

Scott: ...Yeah. Uh, *blinks* this is Alice.

Alice: *giggles* Hiya!

Grandma: Why isn't she cute.

Alice: *pops bubblegum*

Doris: Alice, no gum. How many times do I have to tell you.

Alice: I forgotted.

Doris: That's fine. *smiles* Just...remember next time, okay?

Alice: *laughs* Totally.

Doris: *grabs Grandma* Dear, I have to show you a copy of the draft.

Grandma: I've been looking forward to it all night! Lori, I'll be right back. *waddles off*

Doris: *walks away*

Lori: *looks down at floor*

Alice: So you're like, your grandma's date or whatever?

Lori: I guess.

Alice: Sweet. I like your shoes. I have the same pair in pink.

Alice: You don't look rich.

Lori: *lifts head*

Alice: Anyway, I'm gonna get some more alcohol. You want some Scott?

Scott: ...No.

Alice: Whatever. *walks away*

Lori: *walks away*

Scott: *blinks*

Bathroom

Lori: *walks in*

Alice: *walks in, holding champagne* Whoa, you're like everywhere.

Lori: *turns on water*

Alice: I like your hair, it's like...super long. How'd you get it to do that?

Lori: You mean...grow?

Alice: Yeah.

Lori: Um, not cutting it?

Alice: OH you're so totally right. I should do that. I'm in the salon like, every week. Maybe next time I should just do the nails and the tan.

Lori: Good.

Alice: So you're like, from Texas or something?

Lori: ...Miami.

Alice: That's cool. I went there once. The guys there are so hot. Do you like, surf? You're super toned.

Lori: No.

Alice: Sucky. I tried surfing once. SO boring. I only went to see the hot guys.

Lori: Right, so I hear you're the Chief of Police's daughter. You must be proud of your dad.

Alice: *shrugs* I dunno. He buys me things, I guess he's cool.

Lori: *rolls eyes* It's like talking to Barbie's Playhouse.

Alice: OH YOU HAVE ONE TOO?

Lori: ...I'm goin' to go. *walks away*

Alice: *opens makeup bag* Whatever.

Outside bathrooms

Lori: *throws napkin into trash, turns around, bumps into Scott*

Scott: Whoa. *grabs Lori*

Lori: *lifts head*

Scott: *lets go* Sorry.

Lori: *shake shead* S'okay.

Scott: *stares at Lori*

Lori: *fiddles with necklace* Um, I'm just here visitin' my grandmother. I'd better get back there.

Scott: Wait.

Lori: *looks at Scott*

Scott: You're...you look beautiful.

Lori: ...So does your date.

Alice: *walks out of bathroom* Hey there you are! *smiles* Shall we?

Scott: I'll catch up with you later.

Alice: Cool. I'm gonna go watch the fish in the tank. *skips away*

Lori: I hope she doesn't try to catch any. She might have to use those flotation devices afterall.

Scott: *smiles*

Lori: Why do you always get set up with these airheads?

Scott: A better question would be why we keep running into each other. Which as of now has brought us to the most literal sense of the word.

Lori: Nah, don't worry about it. The Universe is just out to get me, that's all.

Scott: *brushes hair from Lori's face*

Lori: *closes eyes*

Scott: *leans forward*

Doris: *walks over* Scott!

Scott: *lifts head*

Lori: *opens eyes*

Doris: I've been looking for you everywhere. Some of the chaps have requested that y....what are you doing with her? Is...wait, is she that woman you brought to the house a while back? Yes, yes it is. *scoffs* I barely recognized her. Where's Alice?

Scott: She's somewhere.

Doris: Somewhere. She's your date. Why are you fraternizing with this...piece of trash?

Lori: Excuse me, I should be going. Thank you for the...lovely evening. *leaves*

Doris: I see she's learned some new words. Alright, let's get in there.

Scott: No. *leaves*

Doris: Scott! UGH. He's so disobedient whenever SHE shows up. *stomps off*

Outside

Lori: *sitting on bench*

Scott: *walks over* I'm sorry you had to put up with that again. *sits* ...Are you crying?

Lori: *shakes head, wipes eyes*

Scott: They look like tears to me.

Lori: *shrugs*

Scott: She's always like that, don't pay attention to it.

Lori: *sniffs* It's not her, it's everyone. Everytime they look at me, they all see the same thing. A piece of crap on the bottom of someone's shoe.

Scott: That's not what I see. *pulls off jacket, wraps it around Lori*

Lori: *pulls jacket close* Thanks.

Scott: I can't believe you're here.

Lori: Yeah well believe it. It was either this or drop dead in the middle of a dark university after being run over by a waxing machine.

Scott: ...I see.

Lori: *leans head on Scott's shoulder* I don't want to keep doing this.

Scott: Doing what?

Lori: Running back and forth. Having the odd chance meeting somewhere in between. I hate it. I hate missing you every time, it makes me want to write a whole bunch of bad country songs. And I hate country. *lifts head* Wait, you don't like country music, right?

Scott: *leans down, kisses Lori*

Lori: *grabs Scott*

Inside gala centre

Alice: *reaches into tank*

Doris: *runs over* What are you doing?

Alice: No matter how much champagne I put in the tank, they don't get smashed.

Doris: Get out of there! Are you stupid?

Alice: My dad says I'm special.

Doris: *rubs temples* Okay Doris, calm down. Somehow and I mean somehow, she got a university degree.

Outside

Lori: *turns head away*

Scott: *stares at Lori*

Lori: Man, now I really don't want to leave. I swear, this is the Universe's sick sadistic way of torturing me.

Scott: You could look at it as a brief happiness every once in a while.

Lori: How can you always look on the bright side of everything?

Scott: It distracts me from knowing I'll just lose you again.

Lori: You should help me write a country song about it.

Scott: *smiles*

TBC.................................

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.