Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

That just made a really dark fanfic plot bunny bite me. :eek: :lol: So far the speculations mentioned is that Danny was either hiding the abuse of someone else in his family from outside view or that he was hiding his own abuse by one of his parents. What if it was Louie who was abusing him?

To be honest, Danny not talking to Louie for fifteen years after Louie simply pushed him onto the ground and told him to get lost for 'embarrassing him in front of his boys' was somewhat extreme to me. That's if it's considered a one-off incident. However, if Louie had been abusive towards him for years before that night, then I can see why Danny would believe what happened caused his relationship with his brother to 'never be the same again'. Like it was the last straw, something that finally made Danny say, "I've had enough of this./No more."

Yeah, Danny did bawl like a baby after Louie was admitted into the hospital and diagnosed to be in a deep coma with very little chance of recovery, but it won't be surprising to me if Danny still loves his brother very much despite abuse that may have taken place in the past. What we've seen of Danny's behavior and actions on the show so far hints at him accustomed to being treated badly and perhaps deliberately going for damaging/hurtful relationships that never really are relationships. It makes sense with him possibly being abused before.

So this brings me to ask another question: What do you guys think Flack's reaction would be if Louie really did abuse Danny in the past, and he finds out about it? Do you think it will affect/alter his opinion of Louie and the nasty fate that befell him in RSRD?

Dang, how's that for another awesome Danny/Flack story idea? :D I definitely agree about Flack backing down upon seeing Danny's upset. That guy will do anything for Danny, especially if it pleases Danny, makes him happy or keeps him safe from harm.

Awwwww, that is so darn sweet. :) I saw a great Japanese fan art that featured Flack bending down on one knee before a seated Danny. Flack's holding Danny's hand with both hands, and they're gazing into each other's eyes. Is it not awesome that Danny/Flack concepts are so similar across the world among fans with such different cultures? :D

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Interesting theory. That means Louie going up against Sonny to clear Danny could have been some form of atonement. I still think it's more likely Danny was abused by his father, or maybe another male relative, but you do make a good case and I could see it happening.

And the way Danny is, of course he'd still love his brother no matter what Louie did to him. We've seen Danny go back for more when he's treated badly, so I imagine that's a pattern he learned when he was young. I could definitely see him seeking out Louie's approval no matter what, even if Louie mistreated him.

Flack would hit the roof. I think he would have no sympathy for Louie if he found out Louie had ever laid a hand on Danny. Even with what we knew--that Louie pushed Danny away fifteen years ago--I bet Flack wasn't thrilled with him, because of how protective he is of Danny. Hurting Danny is pretty much the guaranteed way to get Flack to hate you for life. :lol:

If Louie had been abusing Danny when they were kids...man, I bet Flack would want to pull him off life support. At the same time, he'd never do that because of how devastated Danny would be. The last think Flack would ever do intentionally is cause Danny more pain. But I'm sure he'd have some choice words for Louie if Louie ever did wake up.

Danny being upset would probably be the only thing that could make Flack back off someone who had abused Danny. Look at the way Flack reacted to some patrol cop who just mouthed off to Danny--he pushed the guy! But someone, especially Danny's father, who was supposed to take care of Danny but hurt him instead? Flack would see red.

Awwww, such an adorable drawing! :D I love that there are some things that are universal in this ship--most people see Flack as the aggressor, the one who pursues Danny. Most also see Flack as the one on top in bed, too.

It's funny, for a slash ship, there really is a lot here between the guys. I've never shipped before period, and certainly not slash. I honestly don't usually see ships unless they're totally blatant and full of chemistry, and generally where the writers are headed.

But here? We have Flack staring at Danny like a love-sick goon. :lol: Danny turns to Flack whenever he's in emotional distress. In "Snow Day," Danny calls Flack for help--his personal cell, not the precinct. Flack offers to trade himself for the hostages. The boys go to a basketball game together. Danny asks Mac about Flack knowing about him and Peyton; Mac tells Flack that he and Danny spend too much time together after Flack uses Danny's catch-phrase "boom." Flack calls Danny "Dan," and "Danno" and "Mess." They go out for drinks together and play basketball together on the weekends.

Is that just me, or is that a lot? Flack's staring and the way they reference each other is what makes me pick up on the sexual overtones and think that they're not just friends.

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Oh my, I guess that means Flack has a pretty long blacklist of people whose asses he'd like to kick, huh? Danny's been hurt by quite a lotta people already since the show began!

Yeah, that seems to be the norm even in countries like Japan and Korea. Probably something to do with Flack being taller than Danny, and that Danny can be rather ... submissive around Flack. :devil: :devil: :devil: That and Flack overwhelmingly wins in the 'I'm staring at you so damn much I want to eat you alive and keep you and love you as long as I get' category. :lol:

I did come across this other Japanese fan artist's website where Danny was featured a few times being the top over Flack. But even in her case, the majority of her Danny/Flack stuff showed Flack being the top. Danny's such a princess anyway. He loves being dotted on and cared for by Flack. Why be the top who has to do all the hard work when he can be the top who gets to tell the other top what to do? :lol: :lol: :lol: :devil: ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look how determined he is to make sure Danny's safe!

[​IMG]

Still one of my favorite screencaps of Danny and Flack ever. :D Arm pressing and naughty smiles! :devil:

[​IMG]

*looks at above screencaps*

Ooh, I'll just say this: No regular guy friend stares at another guy friend the way these two do at each other, or light up like the sun at the mere mention of each other's names. :lol: :devil: :devil: :devil: :cool:

4. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I've heard that referred to as 'Topping from underneath'. :lol: Oh, Danny is so good at that. Always getting his way, while making it look like Don's the one getting his way! I guess it does help though, that ultimately they both want the same things. ^_^
    Danny certainly does have a rather suggestive look there doesn't he?? That's not the first time I've seen an expression of his, directed at Don, that was just too lecherous to be friendly. When he made that joke about Devon, "she got all her teeth?" and cast Don a smile as he walked off. Sometimes that crooked little grin just says a thousand naughty things.

5. Top41

I imagine there are quite a few people Flack would be more than happy to mow down for his baby. I remember the seething anger Flack directed towards Linda in "Trapped" when he realized she had a hand in the rich guy's death...and therefore his Kinkapoodle's predicament. And Flack, when he hasn't been able to touch his baby for hours and hours? Not a happy camper.

I think from what we've seen on screen, Flack really does come off as the aggressor. Not to cast them into typical male/female roles since they're both very much male, but Flack takes care of and protects Danny, and really does act very gentlemanly towards him, whether it be driving when they're together, lifting the crime scene tape for Danny or giving him the only chair.

And Danny is calmer around Flack. He lets Flack take the lead, and, as we saw in 413, when Flack gets aggressive and dominant, he is the boss. Danny either submits or rebels in a passive way (like avoiding Flack's phone calls).

:lol: Exactly. Danny knows if Flack gets what he wants--Danny's sweet ass ;) --Flack is a happy man and will pretty much give Danny whatever he wants. Danny's got Flack wrapped around his little finger, and he knows what to do to keep Flack a very happy, satiated man. ;) :devil:

That's the look of a man in love! What's even funnier is that Danny was being all saucy, and Flack still found him adorable! :lol:

Poor Flack was living his worst nightmare that day! :( Did you hear the fear in his voice when those guys went for Danny?

Uh, yeah--that was so a date. Do guys who are "just friends" look at each other that way? :lol:

Look at that look on Flack's face! That's a positively sentimental, dreamy look! No doubt he's thinking of his adorable Danno and of all the boom action he's going to be getting that night. :D

That is so Danny--topping from the bottom. :lol: You know under normal circumstances Flack lets Danny boss him around, just so he's assured of getting some sweet Kinkapoodle lovin'. And Danny loves it, because he knows he has Flack wrapped around his little finger.

Danny certainly does have a rather suggestive look there doesn't he?? That's not the first time I've seen an expression of his, directed at Don, that was just too lecherous to be friendly. When he made that joke about Devon, "she got all her teeth?" and cast Don a smile as he walked off. Sometimes that crooked little grin just says a thousand naughty things.[/QUOTE]

Danny's look is totally saying, "I know what you want, Don, and after the game, I'm going to let you have it." Danny knows how to get Flack to follow him like he's the freakin' Pied Piper. Because when Flack catches Danny, there's much fun to be had. :devil: :devil: :devil:

6. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Topping from underneath! How apt is that to describe Danny with Flack? :D I doubt Flack will have any complaints about that either. Like ya said, they ultimately want and get the same things. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Oh yeah. :devil: His expression wasn't the only suggestive thing in that moment!

Danny: Oh, yeah? Think you could do it?

Danny has so said that to Flack elsewhere.

Ya know, like when he's topping from underneath.

:devil: :devil: :devil: ;)

[​IMG]

You're right! Look at that naughty smile! It's like he's saying, "Yeah, but we know who ya really love, right?"

[​IMG]

Yep, Flack knows, alright. :lol: ;)

It's so sweet. :) Yeah, they're both very much men but it's also rather obvious they've settled into certain roles with each other and they voluntarily do so. Nobody forced Flack to be so gentlemanly with Danny, nobody forced Danny to become submissive towards Flack. They're comfortable enough with each other to be that way towards one another, and that says a lot about their relationship. :)

Flack may be wrapped around Danny's little finger, but Danny gets wrapped around Flack's big something, if you get my drift. :devil: :devil: :devil: :lol: :p

And now I see Danny in a princess dress with a tiara on his head while Flack is in a suit of armor trying very, very hard to walk across the threshold without dropping Princess Danny. :eek: :lol:
    [​IMG]

8. NYMiamiLover345

NYMiamiLover345 Victim

Yes yes a new Flack/Messer fan. Hey ladies, name is Jessie. Picked up on CSI: NY at a party with a few friends and just had to check out what all the ooh's and ah's were about. Glad I didn't miss out. The two certainly are a very cute couple.

9. Top41

Flack is definitely a prince to his small catamount. :D Flack would fight anyone and anything who would dare try to hurt his Danny.
    LOL, yes indeed! Flack would so break that door down--and in doing so, get very worked up! :devil: No doubt Danny would be in for a rough ride in that case. Flack would have to deal with one sulky, sore Kinkapoodle the next morning, who would no doubt be sour about his broken door, but knowing Flack's insatiable lust, the good detective would no doubt think it was all worth it. :devil:
    Top41:

Exactly. Flack gets as much Kinkapoodle as he likes--and we know that's a lot :devil --and Danny gets to boss his besotted detective around, and bask in Flack's never-ending adoration.

LOL, so true! I forgot that little line of dialogue. :devil: Danny sure was being flirtatious that night, wasn't he? And that "come hither" look on his face? He was so inviting Flack to do naughty, naughty things to him after the game. :devil: ;) Poor Flack...the man must have gotten all excited...only to have a murder kill his hopes of getting laid that night. :lol:

Oh yeah! Danny was such a minx to Flack in the hall! Poor Flack, the man's just whipped. Here Danny was making fun of his new girlfriend, and all Flack could do was grin...and gaze longingly after Danny's round rump in the hallway.

I think their relationship is very natural that way. They really fit together. Flack likes to feel like the strong protector, and Danny plays into that, turning to Flack for comfort and support. Though I do think Flack loves it when Danny is saucy with him--he finds Danny adorable no matter what he does. For Danny, Flack is the one person he can be vulnerable with who won't take advantage of him, use him or make him feel bad about himself. Danny knows Flack is the one person who will adore him unconditionally and take care of him. They just fit together perfectly.

So true. And that's what makes Flack a very, very happy man. :devil:

Pretty much. :lol: I think it would be so cute to see Flack carry Danny. You know he'd crack a joke about Danny being heavy, and then Danny would no doubt mount a protest. :lol:

Great to have you here, Jessie! :D Which episodes did you see? They really are such a cute couple...very happy together and good for each other. :D

10. NYMiamiLover345

NYMiamiLover345 Victim

Thanks bunches Top for the welcome. :D :D

I started watching right when Heart of Glass aired. I missed several episodes, but I did manage to see Sleight out of Hand, Snow Day, Past Imperfect and Cold Reveal. I saw most of season 4 leading and up to the finale. Looking forward to the next season.

As I was reading throughout, I must say the screencaps are all lovely. This just happens to be my closet ship. Saw the chemistry throughout the episodes I did see and wondered 'Are they going to hook up?' and 'Does anyone else think these two are cute together?' Glad to find a place where I know thse two are loved as a pair together. :D :D

11. Top41

Yeah, there are a lot of good episodes from "Heart of Glass" on. It's so cute how the writers drop little things in--like Danny's sulking about "even Flack" knowing about Mac and Peyton in "Heart of Glass" (you know Flack got in big trouble for not telling Danny about that! :lol: ) or Flack meeting Danny at the bar in "Comes Around" to console his distressed Kinkapoodle. And in "Snow Day"--Danny called Flack for help and that man came running. And we got tons of stuff in season four, from the cute--hello man-date!--to the sentimental--"You're my friend. Makes it my business." And Mac's little line about Flack and Danny spending too much time together. :D

Very much so. And I like I said, there's so much there with them! We've very lucky. :D

12. NYMiamiLover345

NYMiamiLover345 Victim

Ah yes, my two favorite scenes. The bar scene and the basketball scene. The two places where the looks said it all. Especially the basketball scene. The one place where all the looks said 'I just want to take you to bed.'.....simply priceless moment. Probably went there after evrything that went down.

13. fille

fille Victim

Those are all great moments! My favorite Danny/Flack episodes are the perennial favorites "Snow Day" and "All in the Family". I also loved the beginning of "On the Job" when Flack defends Danny against a sarcastic cop.

Has anyone seen the preview for Season 5? I saw a scene where Danny was either throwing a perp onto a table or defending someone from some kind of danger by throwing him down.

I don't think it was Flack, but that would be an interesting role reversal.

Has anyone heard if there are any Danny/Flack moments in the Season 5 spoilers?

14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I saw the promo, but I have no idea if it was Flack or Danny who threw the perp on the table. I could hardly tell what was going on even after multiple viewings. :lol:

I gotta say, I thought it was excellent that promo featured so much of Danny and Flack! :D Seems we will have at least one scene where Danny and Flack draw their guns to arrest a perp(s), and some action!Flack too.

Interesting point on the role reversal too. It is Danny who's the one who often tackles the baddies, isn't it? :lol: Flack's like his back up who jumps into the fray only after Danny's made his capture. Why do you guys think that is? Do you think it's because Flack enjoys watching his kinka-poodle on an exciting manhunt? :devil: Maybe Danny gets all fired up after a chase ... and Flack reaps the benefits afterwards. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Yep, there are. :cool:

Danny will talk with Flack's younger sister, Sam, in the season five premiere. :) It could be Danny's the first character from the main cast to interact with her.

There will be at least one DF scene in episode 5x04, where they go interview some 'edgy' hairdresser dude. This episode should be a great one for Flack one-liners about .. sex dolls. :devil:

Those are the only ones that come to mind for now. I know there are definitely other scenes, interrogation and chase scenes, just can't remember them in detail.

15. Top41

I think Danny might be faster. He always gets to the perp first and tackles him, but Flack never just stands back and lets Danny do the dirty work. He always jumps in after. No doubt he enjoys his Kinkapoodle's adorable feistiness but doesn't want to risk Danny getting hurt. :lol:

Of course, if Danny is faster, no doubt that provides Flack with much frustration when he's chasing his wicked little Kinkapoodle around the apartment. No doubt Flack finds unexpected bursts of speed to deal with difficult times like that. :lol: :devil: ;)