Review The Last Film You Saw ~ Thread 3

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Tinkerbell, Mar 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

allmaple i loved Ed Wood (The movie) :lol:
    i just saw Mama Mia! The Movie, it was amazing i was speachless Meryl Streep was gorgeous!!
    she looked about 30! i have a weak spot for musicals but this was just perfect. i'd give it 100%, hands down.

2. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I have just seen Camp Rock and it didnt. rock I mean. it was lacking in so many places. or maybe Im just too old for it.

but it had its funny moments. those unfortunately couldnt save the movie

3. csi_kristen

csi_kristen Hit and Run

Just saw The X Files movie, I thought it was pretty good, despite the plot holes. There's something after the credits, too. :)
    & I saw The Dark Knight when it came out, I thought it was amazing, I love Christian Bale, and Heath Ledger was a great actor.

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

Allmaple, if you want Ed Wood watch Glen or Glenda, so bad it's good. I actually recently watched Glen or Glenda and it was interesting as it was his real life confession to his girlfriend about being a cross dresser himself. Otherwise it's comedic even though it's supposed to be dramatic. I loved the scene with the buffalo because that was so relevant to the plot.

Grumpier Old Men. This was a good drama, with good comedic one liners thrown in. The character's and their relationships were interesting to watch change and their attitudes as well. As well as a good plot they gave the cast good comedic one liners which weren't too often which made them more enjoyable. I'd recommend it

Mitchel the MST3K version. By far one of, if not the absolute worst movie. I love the car chase scene which was terrible as the speed was low and they signaled nice and legally which is good but not for a car chase. I love how Mitchell tells the guy he's surveying him. It's great for a laugh/

5. SunsetBoulevard

SunsetBoulevard moderator.exe Moderator

You don't mess with the Zohan
    Wellllll... the heroic parts were totally lame, but Adam Sandler was great. I really loved some of Scrappy Coco's lines :lol: I liked the old ladies :D The storyline sucked, it was worth watching anyway. It totally cheered me up.

6. allmaple

allmaple Judge

i finally got to see mamma mia with, of course, my mom :D i have seen the play twice, so of course was super excited to see the movie, despite the bad reviews. the movie was essentially a play on screen, so the acting was over the top and exaggerated. when reading reviews for this movie a lot of people seemed to not understand the concept, so dont be fooled!

all of the actors did an excellent job, and i applaud them all for singing for themselves. especially meryl streep. she was fabulous! didnt know she had that in her. although pierce brosnan should never sing. ever. i kept laughing throughout 's.o.s' because he was so bad. but i do admire him for trying.

the movie was just as fun as the play, and the story was enhanced by having the backdrop of the greek islands. both mom and i were singing and dancing in our seats :lol:

7. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I watched WALL-E last weekend and I loved it! The lack of human conversation during the first half of the movie didn't bother me at all because it wasn't necessary. I think it was done brilliantly. Never thought I would consider a robot as something cute but WALL-E is really cute!

The only thing that bugged me a little was that the political message is soooo obvious. It basically comes down to "humans are stupid, destructive, have no respect and that is bad". Of course part of it is true but why is that a bad thing? It's human nature! :rolleyes:

8. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

"The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor". this was a good movie, these movies just got better and better with each one. i had no desire to see this one but once i saw the trailer for it had to.

the story was great, the action was awesome, my only complaint about the movie is that Rachel Weisz wasn't in it as Evie O'Connell. Maria Bello did a great job but i wasn't crazy about her as the character. Brendan Fraser is the man he's such a good action hero.

i just bought "Death Becomes Her" yesterday. i've seen the movie in bits and pieces but just watched the whole thing last night. it is hilarious. Meryl Streep and Bruce Willis are fantastic.

9. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I just watched Fools Gold for the second time. It was pretty good. There were some funny lines and a couple of really funny scenes. I did not think it was Matthew McConaughey or Kate Hudson's best movie, although, they do have great chemistry.

I also just saw The Dark Knight. It was amazing. I absolutely loved it!!! I thought Heath Ledger's acting job had just been hyped up because of his death (don't get me wrong, I love him to death and I'm devastated that he's gone), but he did a phenomenal job with the role of Joker. It's like he just walked right into it. And of course, Christian Bale was amazing and gorgeous! It was nice to see Maggie Gyllenhaal in another movie, too.

10. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I rewatched The Life of David Gale a few nights ago. I forgot how intense that movie is. I love the female reporter whose name I can't remember now. She was amazing to watch trying to save him and her total 180 on the guy. I usually don't feel much for movie characters but I really had pity if Gale in this movie. Seeing his life destroyed and ending up convicted of murder, I really felt for the guy. It's a really sad movie but it's great. I'd recomend it.

In school I watched part of the Grapes of Wrath. Another great movie, I was fascinated watching the struggles after the depression for families. It was a great movie of the part I saw.

11. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

According to IMDB.com, the reporter was Bitsey Bloom, played by Kate Winslet.

12. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I just saw the 3rd installment of The Mummy and let me tell you, it was farfetched, ridiculous and cheesey... and totally fun! :lol: Seriously, I think if you can walk into the theatre and maintain the concept that these movies are really just straight up entertainment value and nothing more, you'll be able to enjoy the film. And Brendan Fraser is always fun to watch. He's just so friggin' watchable. :)

13. allmaple

allmaple Judge

^^^i loved the first two mummies, but thought the ads for this new one looked really bad. how does it compare to the others mummy movies?

speaking of movies that are bad, the last one i watched was 'her minor thing'. a direct to dvd chick flick. the only reason i got it was because of michael weatherly (tony dinozzo on ncis) and christian kane (lindsey on angel). this movie was so bad it was entertaining, but probably only if you are female.

michael plays a tv reporter named tom and christian is his cameraman, forget his characters name. tom reveals an intimate detail about his girlfriend to the cameraman and doesnt realize he is live on air. the rest of the plot was kind of a mess, but it was worth the dollar i paid to rent it :lol:

it was strange seeing michael as the jerk and lindsey as the good guy, since the roles i know them so well for are the complete opposite! unless you like these actors (its really unfortunate they were in such a bad movie, they are both so much better!) or like cheesey horrible chick flicks, id skip this one.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

It was pretty much on par with the other Mummy movies, but even more over the top. It was sort of weird having a different Evie, too. I'm not sure if I really bought her in the role, but it wasn't that big a deal really.

15. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Well, we finally saw "The Black Knight" OMG, on Heath Ledger:wtf: phenomonal, incredible overwhelming, spectatular:bolian: creepy, scary and so friggin' crazy, he stole the show, but the other outstanding actors brought it all together, Michael Caine [always great] Morgan Freeman same, Eric Roberts, Gary Oldman, Maggie Gyllenhaal great, so pretty and sweet, but the leader Batman Christian Bale, came across as blah, dull and boring, what's with the strange voice, I prefered Michael Keaton, but the special effects and graphics at their peak the best ever!! and make-up over the top, unreal, fantastic:eek: Gotham City rocked, exciting and thrilling and keep one on the edge of their seats, I'm glad we saw it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.