Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That is really too bad. I really wanted Jake to be around for at least a few episodes.

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Based on what we have so far, it could go both ways. Besides, spoilers are always subject to change and we know TPTB change their minds more than their underwear (oh I hope they're changing their underwear) so I wouldn't say anything here is a definite conclusion, just opinions and interpretation. Unless some of you are TPTB and are holding out on us. :p

It would be nice to see him show up for more than one episode this season because he's an interesting character and I like the actor. But at the same time, I'm kind of getting tired of the 'we're in a relationship'/'no we're not'/'yes we are but it's complicated' stuff. I'd like to see some kind of resolve and I'm happy with whichever way it goes.

So while I don't necessarily think it's the end of him, I don't think he'll be in that many episodes. :/

ETA: This post is supposed to be at the bottom. Stupid vBulletin glitch.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2008
  3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I'm glad you said that, cause I thought it was just my browser flippin' out on me. :lol: It's messing up in the social groups too. Newer posts are on top in the social groups normally, but now it's all screwy. Usually, just when I edit it goes haywire. As long as I don't edit, the ones on the social groups stay in the right place. But, they don't on the message boards themselves. :lol: The time is screwed up too. It's currently 3:25pm my time. This post was made at 3:23 my time. My earlier post says it was made at 3:31pm today. How is that possible? :lol: Maybe time travel really does exist! :lol:

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Oh thank god you told me this 'cause I was going crazy :wtf:
    So now what will happen??? will we have the oldest spoilers at the bottom of the page wile the newest one will be at the beginning of the page? :lol:
    Sorry but I had to say it. I find this situation too funny:guffaw:

ETA: I didn't notice a piece of post :lol:
    Well I said jumping on conclusions since I noticed people saying "Jake won't stick around" based on the fact it wasn't mentioned any other appearence of him in the second and third episodes of s7.
    This doesn't look to me like an opinion but like jumping on a cunclusion.
    An opinion for me it's that it's too soon to determine if he will be also for other episodes and this could go in both ways ;)
    Sorry but I wanted to clarify it :)

5. GregNickRyanFan

Her having not seen him in a while doesn't necessarily mean they aren't together. It could be as simple as (or as complicated, depending on how you look at it) him being deep undercover and not being able to call her or see her for risk of blowing his cover. Maybe that's why Calleigh hasn't seen Jake in a while and hardly recognizes him.

On the opposite side, the hardly recognizing him doesn't necessarily have to mean she hardly recognizes him physically. It could be that he's changed in other ways... and she hardly recognizes him character-wise.

But, I like Jake and hope he's on more than one ep. :)

He's been in at least ten episodes total, I think. I'm guessing 5 eps per season (Seasons 5 and 6 that is). So, going by that, he could be in as many as five this season as well.

6. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I think it's pretty too soon to say Jake won't be sticking around;).
    The spoilers tell he won't appear in the episodes you mentioned to us, but it doesn't necessarliy mean he won't be back after his reintroduction in the premiere episode.
    Even after the strike it almost looked like Jake was gone forever and wow he just popped in.
    We know Jake will be back and possibily we'll know what happened till now, but right now we don't know if he's going to appear at least for another episode.
    As you would like there could be the possibility to end his story with Calleigh, but at the same time there's also the oppositie possibility.
    I'd wait to jump on conclusions;)

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I wouldn't mind him sticking around...his character brings some interesting perspectives into the show. I am just stating my opinion when I say I don't think he will be sticking around. JW was just cast in a CBS pilot, which if picked up could pull him away from this role. I am just putting my opinion and this out there for discussion; which seems to have worked ;)

As for the spoilers where I stated Cal doesn't recognize him, I guess I should have been more clear in the wording. No her not recognizing him doesn't mean physically but it is stated almost to that affect in the spoilers....it isn't an interpretation on my part. It is described that he is sitting there in front of her and she barely recognizes him.

When she says that she it has bee a long time since they have seen each other, he explains to her that he had to go back undercover....I can understand this explanation of his character and accept it b/c his character did simply disappear and this would be the only plausible explanation for it. I, on the other hand, find it hard to believe that they have been together this entire time.....that, again, is just my opinion. There is another scene where he walks away which is described as (not word for word here b/c I am not allowed) 'he turns and walks away, possibley out of her life forever' or something to that effect.

Either way, I hope he makes some more appearances this season and their 'relationship status' is explained as well. This whole 'up in the air' thing irks me, as someone else stated. Resolve it already.

Part of me was stating my opinion and the other part was stating some fact and yes spoilers do change but the ones out now state what I described.

8. HnStetlerfan

HnStetlerfan Pathologist

Most pilots don't get picked up. I'm saying this to ease the minds of people who like this character. I like him, too. :)

I would think that the only way she wouldn't recognize him would be because he's changed his appearance because of being deep undercover. Like maybe cut the hair much shorter and maybe he has a "Clavo" beard. :lol: Something like that.

9. ceci12788

ceci12788 Victim

i agree with u a million percent (lol if itz possible...wat the heck i agree wit u)...ofcourse u make a point wen u was statin ur opinion nd the facts u bring to this site r pretty clear 2 me...i just personally want things 2 b cleared b/w the characters ... i'm excited to c how it all plays out with the love triangle im preyin that it will atleast go on 4 this season nd only 5 episodes top...jake is a good character...but eric is Soooo! hot lol

10. GregNickRyanFan

That's the beauty of this show. Pretty much all the guys in the cast are hot, but in different ways... they are all so unique. :lol: I'm sure you can tell by my name which one is my fave. :lol:

Tis true. And most of the shows on nowadays (new shows) are reality and game or variety. Very few dramas/comedies get picked up these days.

I think I'd probably recognize those eyes anywhere. :lol: I'm really an eyes & smile girl though. :) But yeah, I guess he could change his appearance for his undercover job. I hope he didn't change his hair color. I think Jake would look strange with blonde or red hair. :lol: Besides, one redheaded guy on the show is plenty. :lol:

11. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Well I'm really sorry to tell this but the pilot wasn't picked up for the new fall season, though it may be a mid-season series;).
    So JW is not that busy and he has time to dedicate to CSI:Miami.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. She doesn't recognize him (not physically)?

Well actually it says possibley. This could get in more than one way:).
    This is one thing I like about Miami's spoilers, they're never complete and true 100%, they always have words like possibley or almost.
    I don't think spoilers ever state antyhing:they, actually, state a situation and the situation is always unsure, ambivalent, incomplete;). So it is as if they weren't stating anything. I think spoilers function in this way in order to remain "spoilers".

I agree 100%:)

Last edited: Jul 25, 2008
  12. alfalfasprout

alfalfasprout Victim

i'm glad jake is coming back and am interested to see what he looks like but i don't want him to stay for very long. i'm not a big fan of the character.

13. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Maybe she doesn't recognize the kind of man he's become-maybe he's hard and cold or aloof and distant not warm and loving towards her or something? Like maybe undercover has changed how he is? And yeah, about the spoilers I don't like that sometimes people will see a snippet on the tv and think that's it but how many times does the team think a scene out like 5 different ways-oh the bad guy broke the door with his gun but didn't go inside, wait now a different sceneario wtih him actually entering the house so he's a liar, then something else. So just cause somebody sees something or hears about it doesn't make it to Monday night. Wonder why sometimes they don't show all these deleted extra scenes on the DVD and change the interpretation of the storyline...might be fun.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Oh, Miami should totally have an ep like those old Goosebump books where there's different outcomes. Sorta like the Final Destination 3 for the DVD set too. Where you could choose which outcome you like by clicking on the word at the bottom of the screen or something. That would be cool. :)

About Jake though, remember in "Going Under" when Horatio and Jake were talking abou the fact that he did drugs while undercover cause the bad guys stuck a gun to his head and said they thought he was a cop and it was the only way he could keep them from killing him? And Horatio told him about Ray and how he never came back from the "dark side"? Maybe that plays into Calleigh not recognizing Jake. Maybe he had to do something like that again to keep the bad guys from killing him, so then his personality changes somewhat and she doesn't recognize him... and there are some drugs that can change your physical appearance as well.

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Yeah I thought about the drugs too. And yeah that could be an interesting option although it would looke like Raymond 2, the revenge:lol:.
    I think it has more to do with UC agent attitude. Yeah maybe he could have changed physically, but, honestly, I think it's because of his attitude.
    Also this thing, about drugs, shows how UC agents have to survive everyday from bad people and at the same time they have to help other people, almost a country.
    I think being an UC agent is a very complicated job. As the widow, of that guy from "Going Under", said to Calleigh "It takes very special human beings to be UC".
    I think this sentence pretty summarizes the concept of UC...it's a very complicated subject.
    Calleigh never had anything to do with Jake when he was UC (except what? 20 minutes in "Going Under").
    Now the situation is completely changed. He's been UC for a while during their relationship (if it hasn't already ended). I think it could be pretty shocking even for Calleigh Duquesne to face Jake (as UC agent) after their last relationship:)

ETA: since I talked about Johnny and his pilot before, here's the confirmation of what I told before ;)ny-lon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.