Season 7 **Spoiler Lab** - Gimme More, Gimme Gimme More!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Ya, I could see Ryan making extra trips to the morgue for no reason at all. :guffaw:

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Hi ceci12788.

I'm going to request that you refrain from using all 'caps' in your posts as it's seen as online screaming/yelling and is an example of poor board etiquette. Thank you. :)

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I had to do a little research on this chickie-poo. I'm not at all fond of the choice. She's attractive, yes, but she doesn't at all strike me as a genious medical examiner:rolleyes:

According to her bio, she was born May, 28, 1983; is part Nigerian/part Indian, apparently she is some kind of royalty in Nigerian eyes, & her goal is to pursue a singing career.

So, unlike Alexx who always offered a peaceful goodbye to the dead...this girl will most likely sing them a freaking lullabye. :rolleyes:

4. Corpuschristie

Corpuschristie Victim

I just knew that they would do this - bring in someone way too young. I know that reality is not Miami's strong point, but... Donahue has a lot to answer for. New girl may just become Horatio's new girlfriend in which case she will not last too long and they can hire someone who at least looks old enough. :rolleyes:

5. doublehelix

doublehelix Police Officer

On its face, I am not too thrilled with this choice either. I would have chosen someone more mature and experienced. Oh well, TPTB does not have to ask our permission to hire who they want or fire who they want.

I actually googled images of her. Came up with a bunch. She actually reminds me of one the Spicegirls. Whatever!

I think though I'll refrain from passing any serious judgement until I have seen her perform on the series and how she mixes with the rest of the cast.

6. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I can tell you right now that she won't and doesn't mesh with the rest of the cast. Yeesh, I would have rather they hired Lark Voorhies. :lol: At least she's a little older. Or maybe Mia (Aisha Tyler) could leave Las Vegas as a DNA analyst and join Miami as the new ME. Or even the girl that played Ronnie on Vegas would be better. :lol: I just do NOT like this choice at all!

:lol: Hopefully they will have her get romantically involved with Horatio and then the curse hits... and poof she's gone. :lol: But, maybe she could hook up with Aaron (the lab tech) and give him a little more screen time. He's been missing for a while. :lol:

I just really really hope this girl is not the permanent choice. Besides, isn't she still on 4400 or did they do away with her character? I wouldn't know as I do not watch that show. But, (and no offense to her or anything) I am not a fan of her acting style which is why when I watch the Route 666 ep of Supernatural, I always fast forward through her parts. It was almost as if she was trying too hard and that for me makes it very uncomfortable to watch. I dunno, but she definitely doesn't fit with the rest of the Miami cast. I can't see her in the opening with the others or in pics with the others... it just doesn't work IMO.

If they wanted to spice/sex up the show, why not get Jeri Ryan instead? At least she'd fit age wise as a ME. Besides when Voyager wanted to "sex up" the show, they brought her in and it worked pretty well. Why shouldn't it work for Miami?

I just think this is a huge mistake on their parts and I really really hope they reconsider before adding her permanently.

And :lol: at the comment about her singing the corpses a lullaby.

I agree with whoever said "worst casting choice ever"... only I think they probably could have done worse, but this is pretty bad casting if you ask me. :lol: This is just not a good succesor for Alexx Woods. Not at all acceptable. I think they're going to get a lot of backlash from some angry Alexx fans. :lol:

Too bad Yelina doesn't have a medical degree. :lol:

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  7. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

Yeah really, really too bad..... :lol:

8. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

:scream::scream::scream:
    Exactly my sentiments also. I'm trying desperately to remain noncommittal, yet the urge to judge is hard to deny. She's too young, too inexperienced; looks like they're attempting to duplicate a younger Alexx. Not possible; an altogether different image is needed. On the upside, she'll be a terrific complement to the rest of the push-puppy pinups. Sorry, that's harsh, I know, but true.
    :devil:
    TPTB aren't doing any favors to the other cast members by calling attention to the obvious age differences with this barely-out-of-her-teens medical examiner.

9. GregNickRyanFan

As it stands right now, Jonathan Togo (Ryan) is the youngest cast member at 30 (31 next month). But, if they add this girl to the opening credits, Jonathan will no longer be the youngest cast member, though he'll still be the youngest male cast member (unless they add Kyle).

10. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Yeah they should add Kyle to the opening credits; but wonder if they shouldn't reserve this new ME until she gels with the cast/fans. Maybe tptb are trying to get a mix of different age groups and ethnic groups that might represent Miami life? The girl is still too young but so is the actress playing Kyle's mom-everybody must have graduated medical/nursing school at age 14 I guess...at least they'll all look good in lowcut outfits right?

11. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

~~~**meow**~~~
    I've already made a few unkind comparisons between Elizabeth and Megalyn on another board, so I'll just leave that alone.
    :guffaw::p
    However, since this chickipoo is so young, she's a perfect candidate as a love interest for Kyle. The potential boggles the mind.

12. GregNickRyanFan

Actually, Elizabeth Berkley is almost 36 (believe it or not lol). Making her more than ten years older than the new ME (or rather the actress who is playing the new ME) if she is not even 25 yet. And if Julia is the same age as Elizabeth then technically, she is old enough to be Kyle's mom. Kyle is supposed to be about 16 I believe. So, Julia (if she's the same age as Elizabeth) would have been approximately 19-20 years old when Kyle was born.

13. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

While I think Julia would be more than capable of having Kyle at 20, we should remind ourselves that Horatio is 48. Which means when Julia was 20, Horatio was 32. I suppose it's possible. We all know how the women fall at H's feet. :rolleyes:

I think Julia and the new ME are too young. However, if the new ME does a good job and is a likable character I won't be too bothered by it.

14. GregNickRyanFan

Yeah well, we all know how Horatio likes younger women. I mean Marisol would only be 30 this year. :lol:

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.