Ooops, What a mistake!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by nattybatty55, Feb 23, 2008.

1. DocInTheBox

DocInTheBox Dead on Arrival

I see it as a mistake since Danny has said that he grew up in Tanglewood territory, but that's impossible if he's from Staten Island since the RL Tanglewoods operate in Yonkers. The only one of the Five Boroughs they're ever seen operating in is The Bronx. I just wonder how the writer's can make Danny have such knowledge and connections (not directly of course, but through Louie) about the Tanglewoods, when he's grown up on the other side of New York.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  2. Seren_y_Gogledd

Seren_y_Gogledd Rookie

Not sure if this is a mistake (could be just my imagination), but there's something funny about Sheldon's facial hair in Can You Hear Me Now? It seems to get shorter and longer in different scenes.

Also in the same episode, Flack tells a suspect they're going to be charged with four murders. Surely at this point, it should be FIVE murders (Maria, the two witnesses and the two security guards)?

3. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Maybe he is a wolfman and there was a full moon at some point.
    'Cause this is thriller, thriller night
    And no one’s gonna save you from the beast about to strike

4. BonaseraFan

BonaseraFan Hit and Run

I love spotting mistakes, unfortunately i haven't seen csi ny so much that i have found any yet, but it well come, no doubt, i usually spot mistakes after watching the episodes 3 times, and im running through the seasons for teh thirdd time now :D
    Some pretty fun ones you have found untill now though, i love them :D

Why is it that other peoples mistakes always makes me laugh? ( well, at least it's not me messing up again.)

5. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

There's something that's been freakin' me out for soo long: In several episodes (like All access. Hung out to Dry, Can you hear me now..) the blood on shirts or so is glaving red even after hours:eek::wtf:. That's weird.

6. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Well it seems that not even Carmine knows where Danny grew up. In a very brief interview that airs relatively frequently in between CSI franchise episodes in the UK he talks about Danny growing up on "Staten Island or Brooklyn or somewhere like that"!!:lol:

7. HarleyQuinn

HarleyQuinn Witness

...GHOST GLOVE! O:
    We need to call Ghostbusters NOW.

...I never really pay that much attention to the episodes, lol.
    I'm usually too busy daydreaming or talking to people... iFail. ;__;

8. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I don't know the dimensions of the statue, but what you say makes sense! It's hard to believe that a relatively short man (or, woman for that matter) would be able to straddle the statue's nose. She's a BIG woman!

As for the pic, do we need an excuse to see that side of him?! LOL! :eek:

9. FlackFan01

I never thought about that. I just assumed Flack was talking about the two witnesses and the 2 guards. Good catch!!! :thumbsup:

10. FlackFan01

Re: Day to Night in 60 seconds....

I think I noticed something like this in All in the Family, too. Not sure, but I can look at that episode again to see if I am right. That is a great catch!

11. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I watched CSI:NY's S1 episode "The Dove Commission" last night and noticed a plot absurdity that had heretofore escaped my notice, mayhap because I was too enthralled with fantasies involving Flack and his leather trenchcoat to care about such fripperies as plot cohesion.

Flack triumphantly presents his doggedly pursued news footage to Mac and Stella. Now, I was led to believe that this footage came from a news camera either inside the ballroom to record the swanky shindig or just outside the building. What a camera jockey would be doing pointing his glass eye at the 65th floor from the ground like a lovelorn stalker peering wistfully at his lost quarry, I don't know, but this is a trifling problem compared to the one that attracted my attention, and so we will set it aside.

Regardless of where the camera was supposed to be, how did it manage to record TARU-copter POV footage? What, the NYPD outfitted its multi-million-dollar tactical chopper with a separate camera that transmitted itself to story-hungry media outlets throughout the city, a fame-whoring HAL sending audition tapes to any set of eyes that would watch its peepshow? I realize that the NYPD is one of the most media-conscious and media-savvy police departments in the world, but that's too gaudy for credulity. Christ. I realize that TV is a largely fictive medium, and as such, should be granted poetic license. But there is a difference--or there should be, goddammit--between poetry and patent absurdity. When one professional wrestler purportedly crushing another's head between two cars on national television is very nearly the second most ridiculous thing you've seen on the boob tube that week, something is, as Lewis Black would so pungently say, askew. At the very least, the script editor needs a refresher course in logic, continuity, and verisimilitude.

CSI:NY: Less Ludicrous than the WWE. Yeah, there's a motto of which to be proud.

12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

1. Run Silent, Run Deep- The TV above Louie's bed (which is displaying his vitals) has an electroencephalogram (EEG) part to it, monitoring his brainwaves. Yet, he has no electrodes on his head or anything monitoring them.

2. At the end of Stealing Home, Mac is in his office, looking at pictures when Adam comes in to try to help him find evidence to get D.J. Pratt. His wedding ring is clearly visible on his left hand (yet, by that point, Mac had stopped wearing his wedding ring).

13. christiec

christiec Victim

I noticed a mistake in Boo, In the scene where the coffin is being exhumed there is a shot of a store front with cars and if you look past that and into the background you will see a palm tree.

14. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

LV also did that with Archie too... in "Chaos Theory", he was security dude for the dorm, but in the next episode, he was Archie, their A/V Tech...

15. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

LV also re-used Currie Graham. He was the curator Stanley Hunter in season 2 Caged, and as Willy Cutler (the guy who shot Brass) at the end of season 6.