Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Awwww, I love that scene in "Blink"! It says so much about the guys. Danny feels safe and confident around Flack. Flack is possessive and caring with Danny. And yes, all in the first episode. That, and mention of playing basketball together off the clock. On a Saturday. :D Right from the start, you could see the bond between the two, and the comfort level between them.

Regarding Flack and hostage situations, it is obvious he does not like it one bit when someone holds his Danny hostage. I notice Flack didn't offer to trade himself for any of the hostages in "Hostage." :lol: Only for Danny, because, let's face it, Flack is so in love that when it comes to Danny being in danger, he really does lose his cool. I think he froze up in "Trapped" when Jerry was holding Danny hostage, and that's why Stella was the one who shot Jerry, not Flack. And in "Snow Day," when Flack saw the guys moving towards Danny on the monitor, he just lost it. The tone of his voice when he said, "Wait, wait, wait!" was heartbreaking. Flack was afraid he was going to lose everything. :(

Here's another question I was thinking of today. Do you think Flack thinks of Danny "hard to love"? We know Lindsay does. Not that Flack would ever say it to Danny like she did, but do you think he thinks Danny is hard to love?

2. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I loved the Pilot too. Right in the very beginning they introduced Danny and Flack as at least very good friends who hang out together. Must watch it again because I can't remember seeing the touching part.
    And yes, Danny was aggressive and Flack liked it. Danny has really changed over the seasons.

About Danny being hard to love. Well, depends what you mean by it. I think loving Danny is something Flack can't help himself but do it. I don't see him thinking "God, why do I love this man? He's such a pain ...!" Well, maybe I can ... But anyway, I don't think he ever doubts his love for Danny or we'd have seen him get pissed off with Danny at least once. But he's always understanding, supporting, smiling, staring, grinning ...

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Flack even gazed at Danny as the guy left the interrogation room. It's like Flack couldn't help looking at Danny until Danny was physically out of his sight. :lol: It's so sweet and awesome that Danny and Flack are shown and confirmed to be close and more than mere professional colleagues from the beginning of the show. I mean, playing basketball on a Saturday? And moreover, Danny taking the time to remind Flack about it to make certain Flack won't forget it? :devil: Ho ho, Danny sure wanted to be with Flack on Saturday, didn't he? Is that their ... special day? :devil: :devil: :devil:

:lol: That is a damn good point! Flack offered himself up as a hostage in the season three finale without hesitation, didn't he? Was it a coincidence it happened Danny was one of the hostages? Me thinks not. ;) In the season four finale, Mac, a higher ranking cop who's also his friend, became a hostage and yeah, ya just gotta wonder why Flack didn't offer to trade himself in that particular situation. I guess Danny's truly Number #1 in Flack's List of Very Important People. It's probably a very short list with a single name, ya know? :lol:

[​IMG]

Oh yeah. Flack's got eyes only for Danny. He must have been so glad Stella was there and fired her gun to take down Jerry. I wonder how the situation would have turned out if she hadn't been there and Flack had to confront Jerry on his own and shoot the guy at the risk of hurting Danny. :eek:

[​IMG]

Look at Flack's face when Danny called him and he found out Danny was being kept hostage and sounded like he had the crap beaten out of him. Stunned is a bit of an understatement. Flack jumping out of his seat and pacing directly afterwards said so much about how he felt. Poor woobie.

Mwahahaha, it's near the end of the scene, as Danny walks to the door and Flack's gotten to his feet and brushing past Danny to walk to the perp's side of the table. It's quick, but he brushes his hand against Danny's back as they meet. :D

Flack thinking Danny is 'hard to love', much less telling him?

No way. No way. I think Flack would die before even getting to the point of being that mean towards Danny. Love is never difficult. The only time it's difficult is when it isn't the real thing. Just saying that someone is 'hard to love', much less saying it to the person, is pretty much like saying, "Do you know what a bother it is to give a damn about you? Why should I do that? What's in it for me?" In other words, it's selfish and cruel to boot.

Like love_fan mentioned, I can see Flack saying something like, "Do you know you're such a pain in the butt?" (and yes, you can read that dirty if you want because I sure am :devil: :devil: :devil:), but only if it's a jest. Something like:

Flack: You are such a pain in the butt sometimes, ya know that, Messer?
    Danny: *wicked grin* Oh yeah, I'm a 'pain in the butt', alright. I told ya we shoulda used more lube but nooooo, you wanted to keep goin'-
    Flack: *blushes* You oughta know better than to listen to me when we're, ya know ...
    Danny: Havin' sex?
    Flack: Makin' love.
    Danny: :)

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I actually think we have seen signs of Flack's frustration in 'All in the Family', as well as seeing signs that suggest they are closer than ever, such as Flack picking up Danny's sayings and their man date in 'Personal Foul'.

I personally think that Danny would be incredibly difficult to love, and even Flack's devotion to him would be tested at times. I guess everyone's answer to this question will depend on how they view the D/F relationship. And I think that the ever-devoted Flack must be frustrated by the lack of reciprocation and validation in their relationship. Flack gives without ever really getting much back from Danny, and it must be hard to love someone who is so guarded and won't let his true feelings show. I can definitely imagine Flack sat in his apartment thinking "God, why do I love this man? He's such a pain...!" Because Danny is a pain, he's difficult, he's whiny and he's demanding. :lol:

To that end I agree with Lindsay. Danny is difficult to love, and I also think that sometimes he is deliberately difficult to love, partly due to his self destructive nature. I don't think Flack would ever tell him that, but I don't think that he would need to as Danny already knows. I think that love often is difficult, and working through the problems will make a couple stronger and more in love than ever. Of course, if you're the only one in the relationship willing to show your feelings then maybe the feeling isn't mutual? Or maybe Danny's still in denial...

5. Top41

I think you both make really good points. On one hand, Flack repeatedly goes out of his way to show Danny how much he cares about Danny and how he'll do anything for him. For the most part, Flack strikes me as the most stable character on the show--he's not self-destructive, weepy, weak or needy. He's confident and sharp, and he separates himself from the job in a way that's probably a healthy way to go about that kind of work.

But I do think Danny is his weakness. Flack didn't hesitate to kill the guy aiming the gun at him in "Snow Day," but he froze up in "Trapped" when Jerry was holding Danny hostage. Flack has risked his job for Danny in a way we know he wouldn't for anyone else. He cuts Danny slack where he takes other people--even his own mentor and Mac--to task. He's obviously got a real soft (or hard ;) ) spot for Danny.

And as Elsie brings up, it is largely one-sided. Danny doesn't seem to reciprocate much. He does listen to Flack, he does turn to Flack when he's in distress, but at the same time, that could be because he knows Flack will be there for him every time. It makes me wonder if Danny knows about how Flack feels about him. If so, the argument could be made that Danny plays on those feelings, or at least knows that they make Flack the most likely person to help him out when he needs it.

At the same time, there's no doubt that Flack chases Danny. He did in "All in the Family"--Danny didn't ask for help; Flack kind of forced it on him. Obviously he was being a good friend in doing so, but I think that it illustrates how Flack makes the choice to put up with Danny.

So to get back to the question, I do think Flack thinks it's difficult to love Danny. Like Elsie said, love is difficult. Even in the best relationships, two people are bound to get on each other's nerves at times and frustrate each other. It's love--and work and patience--that gets them through that. So I do think Flack finds Danny frustrating and maddening at times, but obviously his love for Danny transcends that. I think if Flack weren't absolutely crazy about Danny, he would have thrown up his hands a while ago and given up.

However, I don't think Flack would ever tell Danny he's difficult to love. Flack knows Danny intimately, and I think he knows how that kind of thing would affirm every one of Danny's insecurities. The last thing Flack would ever want to do is hurt Danny, so I think he's careful with him. Even in "All in the Family" when Flack was clearly fired up, he didn't say anything hurtful or critical of Danny. He told him it wasn't his fault. I think Flack knows how to handle Danny, the right thing to say and the wrong thing to say. I can't see him ever deliberately hurting Danny by saying he's hard to love, even if it's true at times.

ETA: I think it's also obvious, from the way Flack smiles around Danny or even when he just hears his name, that Danny must bring him a lot of happiness, too. If you look at how they interact in "...Comes Around" or "Personal Foul," it's apparent that Flack loves being around Danny and frankly finds him adorable. That gets back to my thought that Flack is stable, mentally healthy person--there must be much more good than frustration in his relationship with Danny for him to put up with what he does.

6. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

See, peeps, this is why Top41 and I want you guys to join in the discussion: variant opinions! :D Really, it'd be great to hear varying perspectives on Danny/Flack. It's intriguing and awesomesauce that their relationship can be viewed from different angles while still being certain about one thing ... Danny and Flack have something damn good going on between them. :lol: :) It's interesting to also see varying definitions on the phrase 'difficult to love'.

Heheh, I oughta clarify my definition/concept of the 'difficult to love' thing. I guess love, to me, is something sacred. (I'm not too sure if I can use the adjective unconditional to describe it too, but Flack is definitely displaying more and more proof lately that he might be capable of unconditional love when it comes to Danny, hahah.) Love is something where you know the other person is flawed, human and you accept them in their entirety anyway, flaws, positive traits, quirks and all. (BUT, this doesn't mean a person should close an eye to those flaws, like to the point of letting themselves be treated like crap. That's a whole other situation, and a bad one.) I don't see it as something that automatically changes a person dramatically, or that vast improvements have to be made to a person's character in order for love to manifest itself. In the romantic sense, I see it as a bond that's formed between two individuals that bring out the best in them and diminishes the worst in them, and allows them to grow independently while still being each other's compliment, support, etc.

So, in Danny and Flack's case, I can't see Flack even thinking that Danny's difficult to love. It probably doesn't compute in his brain. :lol: The way he's so happy around Danny, smiling and relaxed and just so happy, even when Danny is whiny or snappy ... I have this image of Flack sitting there letting Danny smack him on the head with a folder over and over and he'll just give Danny this doting smile and go, "Aww, that's so cute, he's smackin' me." :lol: And Danny will be standing there, all befuddled and wondering why this guy hasn't abandoned him yet like everyone else or told him he's not worth loving or caring about. That's because Flack loves ya, silly Danny!

About Flack being frustrated with Danny in episode 4x13, hmm, I never tied that with him thinking Danny is difficult to love. That's an interesting angle! When I watched for the first time the scene where Flack confronted Danny, yeah, I thought Flack was one scary mofo who was going to spank Danny's ass red. It did seem like Flack was unhappy with Danny and had been pushed to the limits of his patience. However, Flack said his line of, "You're my friend, makes it my business," to Danny, even after Danny snapped at him, and that was when it really struck me that Flack hadn't been angry at Danny so much as worried sick that Danny would do something self-harming ala destroy his career/future. I wouldn't have blamed Flack one bit if he had snapped back at Danny after everything he'd done ... but he didn't. :) That is amazing in itself.

[​IMG]

Danny: Yeah, you shoulda minded your own business.

[​IMG]

Flack: You're my friend, makes it my business.

[​IMG]

What stands out to me is that even after this scene, this episode where they were shown to viewers to have had a tense confrontation, they were as close and chummy as ever, if not more connected than ever before, as proven by Flack's joy at acknowledgement of his relationship with Danny and their man-date at the basketball game. :) :) :) I agree with Elsie that working through the problems will make a couple stronger and more in love than ever. Maybe what happened in episode 4x13 made Danny realize how far beyond the call of duty as a friend Flack goes just for him.

(P.S. I admit it, my definition of love is influenced by current personal experiences. I'll leave it at that. :p
    P.S.S. I'm sorry for such long-ass posts. :eek:)

Last edited: Jun 16, 2008
  7. Top41

Heh, I can totally see that, too. It's almost as if Danny tries to be difficult or petulant sometimes to see if that will push Flack away...and then when it doesn't, he's surprised and grateful. LOL, I can so see Danny smacking Flack in the head with a folder, and Flack just smiling and finally grabbing Danny and pulling him into his lap and stealing kisses. Flack might be a patient man, but he's also a horny one, and he's clearly turned on by his sexy little Kinkapoodle. :lol: :devil:

You know, that's a really good point. Flack did seem all fired up and angry, but at the end it was obvious that it wasn't anger but worry and fear, that Danny would do something to jeopardize his career, or worse, get hurt. Did you see the look on Flack's face when Danny got between Rikki and Ollie? Flack wanted to take Rikki down then and there, because he did not want Danny to get hurt. That would have killed Flack. Can you guys imagine how ballistic Flack would go if Danny got shot, or if someone hurt him purposefully? I really think he'd lose it.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Loving Danny is easy--dealing with his drama is the difficult part. :p

I think Flack loves Danny knowing full-well that Danny isn't going to return the love in a romantic way, at least not at this point in time. Flack has his head on straight, and I think he accepts the way things are, even if he might wish they were different sometimes. Does he want Danny to wake up and smell the cinnamon twists and stop chasing bad relationships when he's had something good right there all along? Yeah, of course. But while we might not be happy with the way things are, I think Flack is alright with it. I think he is at a place where he can be content with where they're at. I believe in an interview with Eddie it was pointed out that Danny doesn't seem to support Flack the same way Flack supports him, and Eddie basically said that didn't matter to Flack or that Flack didn't look at it that way (or something to that effect)--I think we're dealing with the same sort of thing here.

That's not to say Flack doesn't get frustrated or lonely or wish that Danny would stop being a dumbass, of course. But love isn't always going to be immediately reciprocated, and if one person is either blind to the fact or avoids the situation or is just generally a moron--that doesn't automatically mean the love isn't worth it. No, Danny isn't throwing himself at Flack at this point in the canon, but that doesn't mean Flack should stop caring about him.

I'm always going to believe that Flack gets his man in the end, no matter what transpires in between. The song "God Bless the Broken Road" comes to mind.

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:eek: I can't believe I forgot that! Yes, I remember Eddie saying something like that in one of his CSi Files interviews. Heheheh, actually, he's said some fantastic things in relation to the Danny/Flack relationship. :)

This was what Eddie said about the D/F scene in season one's On the Job:

Awwww, Eddie is darn cute when he gushes about Carmine. :lol: I loved his line about Flack not babying Danny and that Flack knew Danny needed encouragement more than anything. Interesting also is that Eddie pointed out Flack was concerned about Danny the second Danny got to his feet in that scene.

Oh, did anyone's minds go to dirty places at the 'bit of unfinished business' bit? :devil:

The part Faylinn referred to about what Eddie said in regards to Danny and Flack is the following, when he was asked about the dynamic between the guys:

Hot. :devil: :D I lovelovelove that he pointed out Flack's line in Run Silent, Run Deep! It was telling even to Eddie. The big $1,000,000 question is ... telling of what? ;)

And Flack not thinking that dealing with Danny is ever frustrating, but that he understands Danny? That is beyond sweet and, dare I say it, loving. :)

10. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

Hi Kimmychu ,I am super to like your head portrait, it is too lovely!:thumbsup:
    You let me bethink him:
    [​IMG]
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    Ok,maybe I know........
    Hi!Kimmychu you always let my brain, rise the evil mind.:devil:
    "He doesn't stop devouring until he's satiated!"
    Yeah!Danny kitty affirmatory, the Flack sees it, like look a dainty.He will not bear,he will englut whole Danny kitty !:p

Sure Kimmychu. Your description is very appropriate, I love it!
    And, I already see, Flack in process of use he wagging tail, seduce Danny kitty :"Hi,kid!come on ! I am harmless!":lol:
    Still have his pink tongue,in process of lap Danny kitty . That is comfortable, I think that the Danny kitty can't resist!:devil:

Hi!Top, your words, lets me thought of such scene suddenly:
    Once coincidence, the Danny and Flack off duty since . Danny and Flack at same the bathroom take a shower. Flack cyprian see Danny , the Danny blush . Afterward Flack go on, and the Danny can't escape. Finally:devil::devil::devil:......"I bet Flack knows every inch of Danny's body, from that small tiger tooth to his hip bones to his thighs to his sexy ass. ":lol:
    I approve "Danny trusts Flack more than his family.":thumbsup:
    That is true, I think whom Danny most trust human, is Flack. The example have a lot of, I can find out numerous .
    Most typical one:
    After Ruben's business happen, the Danny does not believe anyone, including the Linsay. But, after Flack finds him, he straightforwards to Flack narrate his the encounter.
    He is such trust Flack. because he know, the Flack will helps him corking solve problem!

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: :guffaw: :guffaw: I LOVE THAT. *saves animation to computer* Can I use that to make an animated icon? I'll definitely credit you if I do. :D Hahahah, dancing Eddie! That is so adorable.

I bet Flack dances like that around Danny too, just to make Danny chuckle!

Oh yeah, you got it. :devil: :devil: :devil: I'm sure Danny must be a very, very happy kitty whenever Flack engulfs him whole. OM NOM NOM NOM. :devil: :devil: :devil:

[​IMG]

:guffaw: Doggie!Flack giving kitty!Danny a tongue bath?! Hoooot. In fact, Flack probably looks like = :drool: :drool: :drool: the whole time he's doing it to Danny. Yeah, cats love cleaning their fur using their tongue, don't they? If Danny was a cat, he'd go wild with bliss over a nice, big tongue licking him all over while he just lays there and enjoys it. :lol:

Yes, that is so true! :D Of all the people who opened up to, it was Flack! :D And you're right, the moment Flack found Danny, Danny told him everything that happened and also why he believed he had to do what he did.

Flack will helps him corking? Why do I suddenly have the image of Flack sticking a cork up a certain part of Danny's lower anatomy? :eek: :devil: :devil: :devil: :lol:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

*gives thread CPR* Liiiiive! :p

I updated the Brokeback Crimelab message board and added several chat transcripts from season 3. Also, don't forget to join the BC social group here on TalkCSI for any and all D/F fans. You could post fanfic links, pictures, questions, etc--even if you don't want to participate in the discussions in here, you can still be active in the social group. :)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand:

I do love that Danny opened up to Flack in "All in the Family" and let him 'in', so to speak--even though he wanted to take care of the Rikki/Ollie situation on his own, he let Flack help him. Flack wasn't taking no for an answer, but Danny didn't resist too much. I think on some level he knew that even if he ignored Don when he called, Don would still find him--I think he relies on that 'love' from Don, however you view it (platonic or romantic), but that doesn't make it any easier for Danny to accept (in the sense of believing in) Don's loyalty and devotion. (I hope that made sense.)

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Thank you, Fay, your efforts are much appreciated! :)

I thought about this and there are only two reasons I could come up with on why Danny didn't tell Flack what he was up to. One, he was scared that Flack would force him to immediately arrest Rikki for stealing his gun and didn't want to do that to Rikki or two, he knew Flack would insist on getting involved and possibly end up getting a black mark on his record if the situation turned bad. Both reasons are, interestingly enough, Danny being concerned for the other person.

(I honestly can't think of a reason that self-centers on Danny because even if you consider Danny merely finding Rikki to cover up his gun being stolen from him, he could very well pin it all on Rikki and claim she knew his place since she's his neighbor. And him being so caring with her and being unhappy about bringing her to Flack's precinct to get her booked, that reason doesn't make sense.)

:lol: Danny's fleeting resistance to Flack equaled to: "Just pretend ya never saw me, okay?" :lol: Danny didn't even try to push Flack away. Did he truly think a little line like that was going to convince Flack?! He probably knew Flack was sticking to his side from the moment their eyes made contact. The thing is, Danny really could have shoved Flack away or tell him off and ride off on his bike on his own. But he didn't. :D

Hahah, Flack sure did find him quick when he disregarded Flack's call! What stood out to me in that scene was how pained Danny looked:

[​IMG]

That's not the face of a guy who's glad to get someone off his back ... that's the face of someone who knows he's doing a good friend wrong and is torn between answering the call and continuing the search on his own to keep Flack out of potential trouble since Flack can now be accused of allowing the situation to possibly end badly by not immediately reporting things.

Yeah, it made sense. :)

Poor Danny, he's been abandoned and abused so many times by people he believed cared for him that it's terrifying for him to remotely trust anyone with his true self. I think he tends to show the world a mask, or a facade that he wants the world to believe is his true self, and so far, the only person who's able to read him like a book and see the real Danny without any need for hit-you-on-the-head clues is Flack. :) Even Eddie Cahill agrees that Flack understands Danny on a deep level without the need for words. :D

Let's return to season one! Here are screencaps from episode 1x07, Rain:

[​IMG]

If I remember right, this is the first episode where we see Danny and Flack doing their signature Perp Buddy Tackle. :lol: A definite must see scene for Danny showing off his chasing and tackling skills in front of Flack! :devil: Why, Danny, what a nice view you have of the Jackhammer. :devil:

And what I love most about this episode:

[​IMG]

Yes, Danny openly showing physical affection towards Flack. :D And there wasn't even any particular reason in the scene to do it. He just did it as if it was the most natural thing in the world to brush his hand on Flack's arm like that. Awwww.

So, guys, what are your favorite Danny/Flack scenes? :)

14. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

"just to make Danny chuckle?" For example this:
    [​IMG]
    Danny:"Hey Flack! you need draw on this!"-----I bet, that is the condom!:devil::devil:------" you go on!"------On bed, the dance!:evil::lol:
    "Can I use that to make an animated icon?"
    Sorry Kimmychu, I don't know, that is not what I create.That is me in the network unconsciously discoverable .But, I do not mind.

Oh!He is really very hot, calling his kitty!
    Anyway, you can from discover very in many ways, the Flack always cyprian looking at his kitty !
    I love those, the Flack eyes the Danny's expression:
    [​IMG]
    Flack:Hi!baby,Does headache?I help you to rub!
    [​IMG]
    lady-killer Flack!!!

That is true. And, I like such description!
    But I think, my dog dog not only give the Danny kitty happiness, and he still self-giving care his kitty . Whenever Danny has bother the time , he always worries most that. I like the Flack thus have the responsibility , so the Danny kitty trusts him. Otherwise, general kitty, would give puppy lick his body ?
    My meaning is, the Danny and Flack is really a that very suitable pair , so in China, we call them is : small catamount and F canine(dog). And, if they use the pronunciation of Chinese, hear , will be two very beautiful names!:)

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

I just had to mention how adorable Danny looks in that picture! It's making me miss season one so much. :( Both Danny and Flack looked damn fine ... although I'll admit I don't really miss Flack's season one side burns. :lol: Danny's golden, spiky hair was so hot! It's a shame he hasn't colored it that way ever since.

Oh, the idea of Flack dancing on the bed just so he can have a good time with Danny's bubblebutt? :devil: That is so funny! What kind of dance would Flack do though? The Robot? The Macarena? The Caramelldansen?

Awwww, yes, Flack always looks at Danny with Eyes of Lurve. Looking at this screencap, I wonder, how the heck does Flack keep his hair so ... neat and Ken doll-like? :lol: It wasn't only in season one either. His hair is always so perfect, all the way into season four! Perhaps Danny helps him to gel it nicely in the mornings. Danny and his spiky hair, he's gotta be a big fan of hair gel/spray too!

Ah, so you mean that Flack wants to make Danny happy by his own choice and free will, and that Danny sometimes worries that Flack feels obligated to do it but still trusts Flack in the end? :) Yeah, I doubt Danny would let anyone except Flack lick him all over. :devil: :devil: :devil: ;) It does take quite a lot of trust and affection to let someone do that. Can you imagine Danny lying there and allowing someone else to do whatever they wanted with him if he didn't trust them?

:lol: In Chinese, I know cat = maow and dog = gou. If Flack is 'big dog', then in Chinese = tai gou, which also happens to sound like 'big brother', right? And if Danny is 'little kitty', then in Chinese = siaw maow. Siaw maow and Tai gou! That is cute! :D