Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Faylinn, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Awwww, no wonder both Danny and Flack look so annoyed! Indeed, the Jackhammer and the Kinka-poodle get antsy when they're deprived of some hot lovin' with each other. :lol: It's a good thing Flack's ... thingymajig is called the Jackhammer for a reason, eh?

[​IMG]

*DDRRRRRTDRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTDRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTT!*

:devil: :devil: :devil:

:guffaw: That is so funny. Even in good ol' medieval England, Sir Flack somehow manages to sound like a New York dude. Did Lady Danielle whack Sir Flack on the head with one of those head cones after that?

So, if anyone's ever wondered what Flack would look like in a baseball uniform and a ... I don't even know what to call that thing on his head :lol::

[​IMG]

Oh noes, Flack! What will Danny think when he finds out you've been playing baseball with Adam and you didn't invite him to play too?! You'll be getting the couch tonight fo sho! :eek: :p

(Thank you very much to RedSiren for the picture! :D)

2. althea

althea Lab Technician

Aw cute picture my first thought was did Fay see it?!
    And what in the hellll is it with Carmine and Eddie and those nasty hats?:lol: Do they share them or something? My father wears them but dang it his like 70 years old come one boys burn them hats already:lol:

[​IMG]

Danny: "You played baseball without me? With Adam?!" :lol:

3. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:lol: Yep, she has! It really is darn sweet that the CSI:NY guys hang out together often outside of work. No surprise then that the guys also have such good rapport on the show itself, particularly Danny/Carmine. He's the guy who's known to hang out with all three others and have tons of fun doing it! :lol: :D

Let's revisit some moments from season four!

[​IMG]

Episode 4x02: Flack disses Staten Island and it gets Danny miffed. Of course, that only makes sense if someone knows Carmine's from Staten Island. :lol: Makes you wonder where exactly Danny's from now, eh? Oh, and based on a certain screencap of Flack's butt from the same scene, I'm sure Danny took a real good look at it while they were walking down to the pier. :devil:

[​IMG]

Episode 4x15: Well, what's not to like about this, Danny and Flack in a bar and gazing at each other. :devil: Feeling a little overdressed, boys?

[​IMG]

Episode 4x18: I think Flack's face when Mac tells him he's been working with Danny too long says it all. :D Thank you, TPTB, for forever associating the word boom with Danny/Flack! :D

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Awww, I love the way they look at each other. There's such a comfort level there, such an intimacy. It's like they look at each other and each knows what the other is thinking.

Wow, if that isn't a look of love, I don't know what is. :D Flack just looks so happy, so blissfully happy at the thought of his Danny. :D

I was thinking a bit about this when I came in here...what do you think Danny and Flack's favorite things about each other are? Just in general, and the way they make each other feel?

I think Danny likes how strong Flack is, how safe he feels with Flack, how protected. He knows he can always turn to Flack and Flack will always be there and never judge him. I also think he likes that Flack laughs at his dumb jokes, without making it seem like he's just humoring Danny. Flack really finds him funny--and adorable. :D

I think Flack loves how caring and sensitive Danny is--how much the job and people in general matter to him. I think Flack loves how sweet and emotional Danny is. I think Danny also makes him feel strong, and Flack likes to feel like a big strong hero. :D Danny sure does make him feel like a knight in shining armor, doesn't he? :D

What do you guys think?

5. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Danny's favorite things about Flack:

1. Flack's smile/grin

[​IMG]

C'mon, Flack's never smiled like that at anyone else and Danny knows it. :devil: That's Flack's special smile reserved only for Danny, and Danny knows that too. ;)

2. Flack's black hole of a stomach

[​IMG]

Why? Because Danny gets to put his baking skills to good use and stuff his favorite person ... in more ways than one. :devil: :devil: :devil:

Danny: Don, stop eatin' those street vendor hotdogs! I can make much better buns than that!
    Flack: Make 'em? You already own the best ones.

3. Flack as his trustworthy pillar of strength

[​IMG]

Let's face it, from the beginning, Flack has been the one person to whom Danny's turned to for genuine, no-ulterior-motives help. Danny evidently believes Flack is someone he can fully trust and go to in his worst times, and how can anyone not be happy and grateful about having that sort of privilege?

Due to the three images per post limit, I'll show what Flack likes about Danny in my next post!

6. Redsiren

Redsiren Hit and Run

I don't remember who said it on my journal, but there's a lot to be said about pitching and catching in this picture, no? :p It's a shame that Adam will probably spend most of his time on the bench, since we all know who Flack's MVP is. :lol:

To answer Top's question though, I'd have to go for the following.

Danny likes:

Flack's unfailing devotion to justice
    His terrible yet endearing fashion sense ("Nice suit.")
    His sarcasm
    His booty....OBVIOUSLY. :lol:

Flack likes:

Danny's passion for anything he sets his mind to
    All those damn tight shirts!
    His smart mouth
    And again.... the booty.

7. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

:guffaw: That is hilarious. Eddie pitching and AJ catching, eh? Ooh, a certain bespectacled man is not gonna be pleased with that. :eek: :lol: ;)

:guffaw: He likes his own booty?! Oh, sorry, I misread that. But still funny to think of Danny liking his own bubblebutt over anyone else's.

Anyway, here's my list of Flack's favorite things about Danny:

1. Danny's bubblebutt

[​IMG]

And especially, Danny showing it off to him the way only Danny can.

2. Danny being his confident, smartass self

[​IMG]

Because Flack loves his man just the way he is, without expecting him to be anybody else.

3. Danny tackling the perps with him

[​IMG]

When Danny's all fired up, Flack gets to reap the benefits at the end of the day too. :devil: :devil: :devil:

8. Top41

Oooh, great answers, guys! :D Yeah, you know Danny loves the way Flack smiles at him and just kind of looks adoringly at him. And yes, how could he not love Flack's bottomless pit of a stomach, or his less than stellar taste in ties? :lol:

LOL, yeah, I think Flack likes Danny's smart little mouth, even if now and then he's been on the receiving end of a few of those biting comments. It seems like no matter what snappish little comment Danny makes, Flack is just grinning adoringly at him. :D

ETA b/c Kimmy and I posted at the same time:

No kidding! Danny is Flack's only catcher. ;) :devil:

That would so be Danny for you. :lol: He is a vain little sex kitten, and you know he loves showing that butt of his off to Flack.

And I love your list for what Flack loves about Danny. :D The guys that catch perps together stay together! :D

9. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

You mean bad ties like this one?

[​IMG]

I bet the only reason Flack is wearing it is because Danny bought it for him as a joke but he loves it anyway because Danny bought it. It's the thought that counts, right? :lol: The only thing missing from the picture is a red clown nose on Flack's face. :lol:

Fo srs!

[​IMG]

Really, what regular guy would smile like that at another regular guy after getting told off for a trivial thing? :lol: Only a guy who's head over heels in love and would do anything for the other, that's what. :D And if that wasn't cute enough ...

[​IMG]

What regular guy would gaze at another regular guy like that? :lol: :drool: He might as well have said, "There it is, there's my special smile. Ya like how I'm poutin' at ya, Don?" *pupils dilate* :lol:

Okies, to answer the second question:

I think Danny feels very safe and calm around Flack. Calm may be an odd word to use with Danny, but that just goes to show you what an impact Flack has on Danny by just being there, physically or not. Like in episode 4x13, when Flack found him, he never lost his temper, not even when Flack got right into his face to demand what the hell was going on. In fact, considering the situation, Danny was rather calm and collected for a guy of his temperament. When Danny tried to explain to Flack why he didn't want to report Rikki stealing his gun, he didn't lash out, he firmly spoke his own mind in the hopes Flack would understand. And Flack did, didn't he? :D

Even in the season one episode, On the Job, in that diner scene, Danny didn't lash out until he mistakenly presumed Flack was just telling him what he wanted to hear by saying Mac had his back, and indirectly, that he had Danny's back too. So it wasn't the situation that made Danny react like that, it was Danny believing the people he trusted no longer supported him. Again, goes to show ya how important Flack being there is for Danny. What would Danny have been like in that episode if he didn't have Flack to talk with?

Feeling safe is probably something alien to Danny, in the sense that he's always paranoid about people abandoning him, people thinking he's 'bad' or people disliking/thinking little of him. This insecurity of his shows time and again ... and time and again, the only person whom Danny has turned to for sincere, no-reward-expected help and support is Flack. :) He trusts Flack. He relaxes around Flack, to the point of letting go of his fears and paranoia and allowing his confident, true self to come to the forefront.To Danny, Flack is very likely the one person whom he wholeheartedly believes will never, ever betray him or chuck him aside or manipulate him for selfish means. Flack's done more than his share of proving that to Danny.

Unfortunately for Flack, Danny is the kind who needs constant comforting. :lol: Good thing Flack's such a patient and loving man when it comes to his Danny, eh?

(I think I'll save what Danny makes Flack feel in my next post. I actually have a lot more to say about Danny's feelings when it comes to Flack, but this post will turn into a novel. :eek:)

10. Top41

:lol: You know Danny has totally picked out some of those bad ties of Flack's. :lol: And Flack, well, he probably wears them because they remind him of Danny. And as we saw from Mac's little comment in "Admissions," Flack sure loves to be reminded of his Danny. :D

I know! Danny was being a smarmy little brat, but was Flack irritated? No! He just gazed lovingly at Danny. Look at that gaze--it really is a loving one. Flack is so head over heels.

Oh, Danny sure knows how to work it. :lol: He looks so submissive and coy in this picture--no doubt appealing to Flack's affectionate, protective side. I think Danny loves how cute Flack finds him--I think it makes him feel sexy and desirable and loved. So he plays up the coy flirting a bit. ;) :D

You're right--that is unusual behavior for Danny. Danny tends to melt down and get defensive so easily, but he trusted Flack to hear him out and understand where he was coming from. And this is despite the fact that Flack was clearly pretty pissed! That leads me to believe that Danny knew Flack was mad because he was worried about Danny, not because he thought Danny was a fuck-up or would mess things up. That suggests that Danny knows Flack loves him, and has a lot of faith in him.

No doubt he would have felt completely and totally isolated. Flack is definitely the person Danny always goes to when he's in distress or danger. Danny trusts Flack to take care of him, which for Danny is a pretty big deal, because he's probably never had someone take care of him the way Flack does.

I bet in the beginning Danny was probably trying to figure out what Flack wanted from him, and when he picked up on Flack's attraction to him, he probably assumed it was just sex. I'm sure he was surprised at how tenacious Flack was, how Flack hung around and doted on him even after Flack got what Danny thought Flack wanted from him.

Yeah, Danny is lucky. That, and I bet he puts out a lot. :lol: Flack does look like a sexually satisfied guy. :lol:

Bring on the novel! It's nice to have some serious discussion in here. :D

11. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yes. :D That trust alone speaks such volumes about the relationship between Danny and Flack, particularly how Danny feels about and towards Flack. Angry Flack is a scary thing, and you'd think Danny would freak/get defensive/pull up all his walls at an angry Flack like he does whenever Mac or anyone else gets mad at him ... but he doesn't. The one time Danny snapped (and I mean, really snapped) at Flack was at Flack's precinct at the end of episode 4x13 and what happened?

Flack didn't snap back. Didn't even get the slightest bit ruffled. He just stood there, defenses lowered, looked beyond Danny's fleeting anger/upset and told Danny the truth. He didn't even need an explanation from Danny. He simply knew what was going on in Danny's mind/heart, just like that. The best thing is that immediately after Flack said, "You're my friend, makes it my business," Danny was hanging his head in regret at what he said. That implied to me Danny did not mean what he said at all. And you have a great point there, Danny knew Flack was mad out of worry, and Flack knew Danny only blurted out what he did out of displaced frustration at himself.

:D Oh, that is undeniable. Flack giving Danny the time and opportunity to bring Rikki to the precinct on his own accord is already fantastic proof of Flack's faith in him. Man, if Danny still doesn't have a clue how much Flack loves him by now, Danny is the most thick-skulled S.O.B. in the universe. :lol:

And ya know, I'm thinking Flack knows Danny loves him too. :) Flack knows that, as well as Danny's fear of what he believes to be love, and he knows that Danny's not the kind of guy you coerce and manipulate into doing or going where you want him to. In fact, love doesn't coerce or manipulate, ever. Flack doesn't need words or deeds for proof of Danny's love; for him, just seeing Danny happy and safe, free from apprehension, that's already a wonderful thing to him. It shows in his interactions with Danny, especially when it's just the two of them.

Wait, come to think of it ...

[​IMG]

He's all smiles and happyhappy joyjoy around Danny even when there's a perp being interrogated or chased. :lol: Nothing gets in the way of Flack's love and open adoration for Danny!

Since I have a bit of time to kill before going out, here are my thoughts on how Danny makes Flack feel, etc.:

Carmine Giovinazzo said it best, really: Danny and Flack are two ends of the same style, but of one person, in a sense. :)

If Danny feels calm and safe around Flack, Flack feels the same way around Danny too though they are such different individuals. His face softens the instant he's around Danny. Around other people, Flack displays his tough-NYC-man exterior, but when it's Danny ...

[​IMG]

Yeah. It's pretty tough to beat that expression in the Cute & Lovable category, or any category period. :lol:

It seems that, like Danny around Flack, Flack doesn't think twice about showing his vulnerable side. He doesn't think twice about dropping the tough, no-BS, stern appearance to become an open, affectionate yet still strong man with an almost child-like joy in regards to Danny. Heck, if I'm gonna make an analogy for how Danny makes Flack feel: Just being around Danny and knowing Danny feels connected to him and goes to him for friendship, support, and more, Flack is like the happiest boy who's been given a most magnificent, one-of-a-kind gift that all the money in the world can't buy him, and he knows it. :D

He knows Danny will never intentionally hurt him. He knows that if Danny does lash out, it's usually a knee-jerk reaction, just like Danny snapping at him in episode 4x13. (Heh, writing this out, it's suddenly occurred to me the only person Danny has ever intentionally hurt, albeit just with words, is Lindsay, in episode 4x17. Interesting, no?) Maybe Flack even knows that Danny will never, ever push him away, just like Danny knows Flack will never, ever push him away. They don't cling onto each other or view each other with skewed perception or expectations. (I don't think they even have any expectations of each other. They seem to be content with each other being just the way they are.) They're joined on a much deeper and more complex level. Like Carmine said, they're of one person, in a sense. Different backgrounds, different personalities, different physical attributes but they have the same heart. :) Isn't that what really matters in the end?

(Okies, I stop here for now. C'mon, you guys, share your thoughts on Danny/Flack! :D)

12. Top41

Rather than getting mad or defensive, Danny lets Flack in. He's honest with him and tells him what's going on. There's clearly a lot of trust there.

Exactly. They understand each other on a deeper level--each obviously knows the other well enough to read between the lines, so to speak. They know what's going on under the surface.

Well, Danny is pretty thick-skulled :lol: and more than that, incredibly insecure. I think he's slowly but surely getting how much Flack loves and cares for him, though.

Yeah, Flack totally goes out of his way to make sure Danny is safe and secure, and the he feels safe. When they're together and things are going well--like, say, when Danny's not locked in a panic room or being held hostage--Flack is obviously at ease and happy.

:lol: Flack gazes so lovingly on Danny! It's seriously beyond cute. :D And he doesn't care who's watching or even if it's the appropriate time to be worshipping Danny with his eyes. :lol: :devil:

Flack just doesn't relax and open up around anyone else like that. He and Stella are definitely good buddies and he clearly enjoys joking around with her, but with everyone else he's kind of formal, or just snarky. But with Danny--well, like you said, it's almost a childlike joy that Flack exhibits. He just grins and grins--there's joy in his actions when he's with Danny. Danny clearly makes him happy.

It's like he's almost giddy, which really is how love makes you feel. :D Some guys, when they fall, fall hard. I think Danny is a little more cautious and shy about it, but Flack, well, he just lays it all out there. I can totally see him being crazy demonstrative, serenading Danny or bringing him presents because he's just so damn crazy about Danny.

It is, and it's why to Flack, nothing else but Danny and how he feels about Danny matters. He has endless faith in Danny because he loves him and knows what a good person Danny is.

Yeah, where are the rest of you? :p Come on guys--jump in the D/F discussion! You don't have to write novels like Kimmy and I did if you don't want. :lol: :p

13. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

For someone who's as insecure as Danny is, that's a huge and very rare thing to do. I mean, this is the same guy who pushed away his brother for fifteen years. So as far as we know, Danny trusts Flack more than his family.

Ya know what I love about that? In his WOWOW interview, Eddie said almost the identical thing when it comes to him working with Carmine. :D If anyone has yet to watch it, you gotta! The way Eddie's face lit up like the sun at the mere mention of Carmine's name is invaluable. :) He talks about how he enjoys working with Carmine and how they've 'learned to read each other and listen to each other because listening well is important in a relationship'. Awwww. Even more priceless is him saying that 'smoking makes for good relationships' ... because he and Carmine are the only ones who smoke. I guess they even smoke together, hm? :lol:

Not to mention wave at Danny and smile and gaze at him as if Danny's the most gorgeous thing in the world:

[​IMG]

:lol: Oh, Flack. You got it so bad.

Yep, yep. :D There's still this distance whenever he banters with the others. You can tell he's still on a professional level with them when he does so but with Danny ... he's just so happy to be around the man, I bet he doesn't even remember his own name and doesn't care. :lol:

Awww, yes, that's the thing about love, isn't it? It drives your fears away, and it's the other person you place above you, not yourself. It's a two-way street. If a person in the pairing places the other above himself, both of them benefit and are always cared for by each other. They don't ever attempt to change each other to suit their expectations, they just love each other the way they are and help one another during the bad times and delight in each other's happiness.

In Danny's and Flack's situation, the guys are just fine with each other as they are. You don't see them piling on expectations on each other (none, in fact). Flack loves Danny just the way he is. :) Sure, Flack can get frustrated at times but it's never because Danny doesn't act the way he expects or because Danny's disappointing or anything like that. It's always because he cares for Danny and is sincerely concerned about Danny's welfare. To Flack, it's always Danny first. Hell, he was willing to trade himself for the hostages (AKA Danny) in the season three finale. I highly doubt he would have considered the same thing if it hadn't been for Danny being one of the hostages.

Yeah, Danny is really cautious and shy and even compulsively avoidant of love. He's probably been traumatized in the past by experiencing or witnessing situations where it was 'proven' to him that love doesn't exist. So while he may not believe it's real, it definitely looks like Flack does. :) It takes a very resilient and brave person to wear his heart out on his sleeve the way he does about Danny and not be worried in the least about rejection or emotional pain.

Maybe he isn't worried because he knows Danny feels the same about him. ;) Just a matter of time and patience and lots of love before Danny goes to him and completes the jigsaw puzzle, so to speak. Danny already goes to him for everything else anyway.

That's just one of the things I love so much about Danny/Flack. :) The guys never seem to question each other's goodness. They always see the best of each other, bring out the best in each other. Flack gave Danny so much leeway in episode 4x13, at the risk of his own job no less, and even then, it was Danny he was most concerned about. He also stood up for Danny when Lindsay immediately jumped to conclusions that Danny was going to do something bad. Do we have to wonder who really loves Danny in his entirety here?

14. ZhuShuaijie

ZhuShuaijie Police Officer

No one doubts the Top, the Flack do, regardless the Danny Messer, sleep at who nearby.The Flack is great!

Fact is, be the Danny to become the hostage, the Flack have how worry , that wheat girl root can not compare!
    The CSI NY3-24 is the best proof!

15. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Yep, because I just love talking about Danny/Flack and still answering Top41's question :lol: ...

I think Danny and Flack complete each other, in all the best ways. They're similar enough that they can be considered men who are like and yet, once you look deeper into them, you'll see how different they are from each other and still manage to fit together just right. :) So there's no grating or any need to force themselves to act different so one will accept the other.

And what's so happy-inducing about that is, Danny and Flack have been close that way even before the beginning of the show. :) In the pilot episode, we are already shown that Danny and Flack are good friends who spend time outside of work. Heh, even during work, they have no qualms about showing their ease around each other. (God, does this make me miss season one. :()

Here is the interrogation scene from episode 1x01:

[​IMG]

Flack is interrogating a suspect who might be the serial killer they're looking for. Mmm, leather jacket!Flack. *pets him*

[​IMG]

Flack shows his silent-but-terrifying-bad-cop side to spook the perp. Then, Danny swaggers in (and I mean, swagger like he has the Grand Canyon between his legs) to collect evidence from the perp. This is one of those must-see D/F scenes. :D Here, Flack is already casting glances at Danny the whole time Danny is there, and ...

[​IMG]

Interestingly enough, Danny takes the aggressive lead even though Flack is there. He wants to take a swab of DNA from inside the perp's mouth but the perp won't have it. Without a second wasted, Danny grabs the perp's lower jaw, opens the guy's mouth and roughly rubs the q-tip against the inside of the guy's cheek, right in front of Flack! :eek: :devil: Danny doesn't lose a drop of composure when the perp naturally freaks out. Instead, all he does is pack his things and say to Flack as he leaves the room, "Hoops on Saturday, don't forget."

Oh, did I mention Flack touches Danny on his lower back? Right in front of a perp? In the pilot episode? :devil: :devil: :devil: Aggressive!Danny was so darn hot too. That's the Danny so many people fell in love with; the guy who dared to get what he wanted, the guy who knew who he was and never allowed people to push him around without doing some shoving of his own. I miss that guy. :( I bet Flack does too.