This "Spoiler Lab" Is *CLOSED For Good*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Re: Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions

He could make a potato sack look good! :lol:

What's the name of the girl who works in the lab and wears glasses? The one that told Hodges he needs to move out of his mom's house?

2. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

That is Mandy. I love her too. Hopefully we see lots of her this coming season.

I agree, I want them to show all the CSIs and Lab rats on how they will be affected by Warrick's death.

3. beaujolais

beaujolais Lab Technician

You forgot Brass. He and Warrick developed a good friendship over the years. Warrick was there when Brass got shot, he's the only one who knew the truth about Ellie and helped Jim out when Ellie got in trouble again. The last words Brass said to Warrick were "don't ever forget how lucky you are." I have to think Jim's going to take Rick's death pretty hard as well.

4. GregNickRyanFan

Did they get a different actress cause she looks different than she did in the scene where she had Nick singing "Oh Mandy" to her. :lol: Then again it could just be that she now has shorter hair and glasses and wasn't wearing glasses in that scene. :lol:

5. Amanda_Ruth

Amanda_Ruth Witness

Actually, no. It's the same actress. Sherri Rapaport, I believe is her name. She cut her hair really short, and I want her to grow it back out -__- oh well. But I love Mandy. She's awesome!

6. Dizzney

I love her short hair, I think she looks adorable with it. I always thought of her as the female lab flirt.

7. GregNickRyanFan

Ah, okay. She looks so different. :lol:

8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

That's the article I posted sometime back; we pretty much discussed how it was probably a death scene and morgue scene...that's not in flashbacks.

Everyone, why do you think Grissom had a hard time finding Sara a job in the ep where that's mentioned?

9. GregNickRyanFan

Personally, I'm hoping that doesn't happen in the ep cause it sounds a bit silly. What's the point of getting her a job there when she can't investigate Warrick's death (conflict of interest with him being her former co-worker/friend)? And if she was gonna stick around full time, wouldn't she just try to get her CSI job back?

But, as for the question, if it happens on the show, I think the reason could be: She left her CSI job without giving two weeks notice (which I've heard is mandatory). She didn't tell anyone she was leaving, she just left Grissom a note. I think employers don't like that sort of thing... so the higher ups (from Grissom) probably won't allow her to get a job there. They don't want to risk her becoming so stressed that she just up and leaves again without a word to anyone. But, that's just a guess. That would be the reason IRL :lol: as for the show... it could be just as simple as McKeen is doing something to ensure that she doesn't get a job cause he knows she'll be able to solve the case and he'll go to jail... and if she were to end up dead too, he might look suspicious. so, he's probably going to do everything in his power to block her attempts to get a job there.

10. CSI_LV_AF

CSI_LV_AF Witness

I have been busy, and you beat me to it beaujolais, but...I think about the amount of stuff these two have been through since the Pilot. They went from being practically "enemies" to being very close friends in the past couple of seasons, always there to help each other out.

If anyone needs a shrink to talk to, it should be Jim. Yeah, everyone else needs one too, don't get me wrong but think about the amount of stuff Jim has been through as well. Practically everyone on this show has gone through some serious physical and mental trauma. But to me, Jim has been there for all of them since season one. I am just chomping at the bit as to how the writers are going to deal with the grief of the team+Jim this season. Season 9 needs to get here now!

11. Dizzney

Regarding Sara, I know many jobs will not hire you back if you just leave without notice, so I can see that being a reason why they would not hire her back. She really left them blindly. I always gave two weeks notice when I left a job.

McKeen could also be a reason too, simply because he is evil now. :lol:

Yeah I agree, Brass should need some help too. It will be interesting if the writers actually show everyone or just a select few dealing with it. It will also be interesting to see how they have each individual actually dealing with the loss, if it will be in-character or not.

12. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

and not too mention it isn't really ethical for Grissom, being her boss to try to pull strings to get her a job anyways, since he is banging her. But he doesn't have any integrity left anymore to recognize it :rolleyes: I hope this is cut anyways, it is really cheesy and lame.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Yeah that's true. I don't think she's returning for good anyway

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I hope that Sara comes back in any capacity, regardless of her past, "stress" related comes to mind, and maybe they'll all be so happy to see her, forgiveness comes to mind, and Grissom & Sara are together and are a couple, but I don't think he'd ever use his clout to get her a job:wtf:, she's a strong woman and can get her own issues & her own job taken care of, I'm so glad that the Sara fan base will get to see her again, she's an integral part of the team and is much missed by all of them!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2008
  15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Not to sound snarky, but isn't Grissom the reason Sara joined the team in the first place? He called her out from San Francisco to investigate Warrick's involvement in the Holly Gibb's case.

This time, however, I would assume that Ecklie wouldn't want her back because she just bailed out of the job the last time. Employers tend to not like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.