What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

I'm reading Hugh Laurie 'The Gunseller'

2. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'm reading a combination of things.

Dragon Harper by Anne McCaffrey and Todd McCaffrey (her son). It's a continuation of the Pern novels. I'm about half way through and t's just as good as the rest. My only problem is getting used to a whole list of different characters from a majority of the rest of the series. :lol: I started reading this series back when I was in JR. High School.

Windows Vista on Demand by Steve Johnson is the other one I'm reading right now. I've got to learn our new operating system now that we've made the jump from Windows 98 to Windows Vista. :rolleyes:

Susan

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

How is that? Where did you find it?

4. Austin

Austin Hit and Run

I am in the process of trying to find something to read. I need some suggestions please.
    If you mind.

PLEASE! PLEASE!

Austin

5. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I read that book, it's very good, I hope he writes more. It's a spy book with lots of British humour, the main character kinda reminded me House, even when the novel was written much before the series began.
    I guess you can find it at any book shop or library, I borrowed it from a local library.

I read The House of the Vestals, Arms of Nemesis and Catilina's Riddle by Steven Saylor. They're amusing.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2008
  6. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I read 5 chapters and Im already addicted

7. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

I recently finished Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert (LOVED it), and now I'm on Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Now I know. :)

8. steph_r

steph_r Witness

At the minute i'm reading The Torment of Others by Val McDermid. Not just your typical crime fiction novel as it's all pretty pshycological and crimimal profiling based. One of those can't-put-it-down books.
    Highly recommended.

9. dopebabygirl

dopebabygirl CSI Level Two

it's great :) reminds me about house,

i ordered it in a bookshop
    wel, i live in germanyitwas kinda easier to order it in English (that's weird, huh??)

I think i read that he's writting a new one

10. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I got about half way through that one and had to stop, I can't multi task, so when English class hands out new books, I have to put my pleasure reading book down, and The Gun Seller happened to be the one I was reading. Then when I went to pick it back up, I forgot everything I read, which made it really hard to read, so I'm going to have to postpone that one.

4 of my friends read this book, so I went to the bookstore (because none of them will lend it out, they all are rereading the series before the new book comes out) and bought it, and I'm on page 33 and already ADDICTED. I don't even know the plot yet, and I'm in love with it. I'll have to see how this goes!

11. SpeedsDaughter

SpeedsDaughter CSI Level One

Stephanie Meyer has a tendency of doing that... :lol:

I'm currently reading King - Kaiser - Tsar by Catrine Clay. It's a snapshot of the lives of Tsar Nicholas II, Kaiser Wilhelm II & King Geroge V. It tells about their childhood, education, families, and WWI. It's really good so far.

12. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm about to start Pop Goes The Weasel by James Patterson. It's the 5th in his Alex Cross series. Its the usual murder in Washington, D.C. but this time his suspect is a British diplomat. It sounds good. I've enjoyed his other books so far so I don't see why I won't enjoy this one.

13. togo2hot

togo2hot Prime Suspect

I am currently reading the chornicles of narnia book series,which is about 4 siblings who find a magical world called narnia.

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I'm reading Extras by Scott Westerfeld, who has also written Uglies, Pretties, and Specials. This was supposed to be a trilogy but he couldn't resist writing another. :) Definetly a good series to read if you like futuristic stories.

15. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

I am reading Sniper One by Sgt Dan Mills, it's a British soldier's account of his tour in Iraq as a Sniper. It really is a good read, i haven't put it down since i got it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.