What Are You Reading? - #2

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Ducky, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

So I finished Twilight......absolutely AMAZING! And now I'm on New Moon. Has anyone else read this series?

2. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

*waves her hand franticly* me, me, me, me

Im currently reading Eclipse and I really really like it though my feelings for Jacob are getting more and more agressive whenever he is around. I so cant stand the guy.

I really like her style and most of the characters. not so much the action but its thrilling if nothing else. and it is funny too. usually at surprising moments

I better stop now while I can

3. sidlewannabee

sidlewannabee CSI Level One

I read the Twilight series too. I love those books so much. They are on the top of the list, right under the Harry Potter series. This summer i have 4 books that I have to read for school. So far I have read one and a half. i had to but all of the books. But we went camping and I kind of lost one of the books. So now I have to buy another one.

I don't like Jacob anymore. I used to like him, but my feelings have changed about him too.

I have also just finished the Uglies series. Has anyone read those books?

4. Calihan

Calihan Captain

I've been reading a shitload recently for a combination of reasons.

No Other Option by Marcus Wynne: I'm a huge military/spy thriller fan and this combined military and crime. Unlike other thrillers like it, this book really explored the psychology of people on a special ops team. The characters were detailed and well written. The final confrontation just blew me away as the way they two people talked and acted was so real.

Next up was Unnatural Causes by Thomas Noguchi. A mystery as opposed to a thriller and it was a nice break. The book was an easy yet interesting read. The characters were somewhat one dimensional yet the whodunit part of the book was a good mental exercise and I was somewhat surprised.

Minor spoilers for later books in Vince Flynn's Mitch Rapp series.

Act of Treason by Vince Flynn. Another amazing book by Vince. This book went into what happened to Mitch after his wife died. His comeback was not unexpected and you can still feel his pain. I couldn't believe the end.

Major Spoilers

I can't believe Kennedy actually killed a person herself and in the Oval office to boot.

End of Spoilers

5. PintSizeGenius

PintSizeGenius Lab Technician

I'm currently coming to the end of "Scaredy Cat" by Mark Billingham. It is a very good book, which I highly recommend to all crime-fiction fans. It's only the second book of his that I have read, (the first being "Sleepyhead" - another very good book), but he is already one of my favourite authors.

6. DocInTheBox

DocInTheBox Dead on Arrival

I'm reading The Vampire's Betrayal by Raven Hart for the seventh time. I swear, these books are addictive. And they are not typical vampire chicklit. Despite the title and cover art, there's really no romance at all in them. Don't believe me, check 'em out.

1)The Vampire's Seduction
    2)The Vampire's Secret
    3)The Vampire's Kiss
    4)The Vampire's Betrayal

All awesome, all worth it.

7. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

I just finished the second book of the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer. I'm onto the third book. I love this series so much. I've already preordered the fourth book and I'm going to a party at the bookstore I preordered it from! I'm so excited for the fourth book. I also starteed a social group on this forum if anyone is interested.

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

It's like you read my mind...I was just going to post I was re-reading Twilight for the third time. :)

I preordered the book at Barnes and Noble and Plan to enjoy the fun at the party. :)

9. Caro86

Caro86 Rookie

still Dolores Claiborne by Stephen King

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

I'm reading Christiane F. We, Children from Bahnhof Zoo for, like, the fifth time. i'm not sure if there is an english version, but there was a movie filmed, easy to download. It's an autobiography of the most famous drug addict of all time, and probably my favorite book ever.

i'm also in the middle of Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

11. luf100

luf100 Coroner

The Choice by Nicholas Sparks. I love Nicholas Sparks books. :)

12. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I am reading John Fowles , The Collector. I've read 5 or so pages of the book, and then I saw an episode of Criminal Minds where an unsub was using passages from that book as a signature, suddenly my interest for the book expanded :D I am also trying to read Ken Follet "Pillars of the Earth"

13. NZGirly

NZGirly Police Officer

I am reading To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee at the moment. Its for english but I am really enjoying the book!!! :)

14. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I'm reading Marina by Carlos Ruiz Zafón, the same author of The Shadow of the Wind, his new novel The Angel's Game has been released recently but this is a previous one. It's about a teenager who disappeared for a week and the odd events that happened during that time.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  15. AnJella

AnJella CSI Level One

I'm reading Cell by Steven King.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.