What Are You Reading? - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started reading Elizabeth George's newest book 'Careless in Red'. Thomas Lynley is back.

I love Elizabeth George's books. I've not read any for a while, but I really like the Thomas Lynley series (although they were somewhat ruined for me by the tv adaptation in which I personally think the characters were completely wrong!) :lol:

Oh Elsie I totally agree with you there. I watched the first show and said Tommy has blond hair not brown. I never watched the shows again. I've read all her Thomas Lynley books and I just love them :)

I'm reading "Girl with a Pearl Earring" by Tracy Chevalier. I really like it so far. I'm from the Netherlands and the story is set there, because it's about the girl in the painting made by Johannes Vermeer. I didn't see the film yet, but maybe after reading the book, I will.

I've just started "Heartbreaker" by Julie Garwood. I must admit I'm use to reading her romance novels as I have them all. But this one is more of a mystery. So far it's okay. But I must admit I'm missing her romance scenes. As her mystery's don't dwell in that territory.

I can only hope it gets better as I continue. :)

ok so im a dork but whatever i'm reading Prince Caspian again just because im gonna end up seeing the movie soon. I'm also reading Candy by Kevin Brooks.

jennis please remember to talk a bit more about the books you are reading. Just giving the name and author is not enough to encourage some else to read the book. You don't need to go into great detail but just a bit more will help.

I am currently reading: Forensic Science- an introduction to Scientific and Investigative Techniques 2nd edition. Sometimes it makes my eyes cross. :) But very informative.

I'm actually reading Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs at the moment (like literally, as I type this). It's very good, and it's actually my second time reading it. I definitely recommend it to the science nerds of the world.

I've just started "Heartbreaker" by Julie Garwood. I must admit I'm use to reading her romance novels as I have them all. But this one is more of a mystery. So far it's okay. But I must admit I'm missing her romance scenes. As her mystery's don't dwell in that territory.

I can only hope it gets better as I continue. :)

I finally finished "HeartBreaker". I can honestly say I didn't like the mystery style of Julie Garwood. She's such an amazing romance novelist. I would much rather read her Scottish Warrior books.

So on that note. I've started "The Lion's Lady". One of the great Garwood love stories. It has four parts to it. With #2 being "Guardian Angel, #3 being "The Gift. Finally ending with #4 "Castles".

Right now I'm at the end of Tom Clancy's Red Storm Rising. I have to say that as much as I've likes this book it is hard to read especially keeping the acronyms straight. Otherwise the setting he uses, the characters, and the action are all amazing.

In a school a while ago we finished reading Inherit the Wind. That was an amazing book/play based on the Scopes monkey trial and the characters were unique and both had honest motivations which made it hard to dislike anyone. Interesting blend of the case and fiction.

I'm reading Indiana Jones and The Kingdom Of The Crystall Skull, I've only really read the first chapter, but it seems good so far, there are bits in that aren't the in the film, so that's always nice, you gain more of an insight that way, I'll recommend it to any Indy fan. ;)

Right now I'm reading Killing Floor by Lee Child. So far it is pretty awesome, I got it for a dollar because it is a little water damaged.

Being released tomorrow, a NEW novel about Bond, James Bond, 007. Hardcover at first, then paperback probably about six months or a year later.

James Bond returns in new novel 'Devil May Care'
May 27, 2:09 PM (ET)
By JILL LAWLESS

LONDON (AP) - A catsuited model in stiletto heels strode the deck of a British warship with Royal Navy helicopters roaring overhead. It was not a bout of naval hijinks, but the year's most-hyped literary event - the publication of a new adventure for super-spy James Bond.

The larger-than-life launch Tuesday of the novel "Devil May Care" proves that 100 years after the birth of 007 creator Ian Fleming, the Bond brand is stronger than ever.

Full story at Iwon/AP News.

I am reading Last Seen in Massillia by Steven Saylor. He writes great book on ancient rome. They aren't romance they are sort of mystery but lots of good historical information in them and a lot of it true. It's a series and his newest one came out last week called The Triumph of Ceasar. I can't wait to get it!

I'm reading "An offer you can't refuse" written by Jill Mansell. Nothing special but fun to read.

I usually read fantasy literature but a friend of mine advised me do do some light reading in the form of 'chick lit'. At first I took offense of the name for this genre but she kept telling me to try some. Now I'm over it and well... the term is perfect for this genre. :rolleyes: It's easy to read, you can even skip a few pages without missing anything important. Very different from what I'm used to read but I like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back