Grissom & Sara; #33 Time to Re-combine!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by seattlegsrfan, May 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ilovegsr

ilovegsr Victim

From the email Rambo sent to me, he said Sept. 18 was the premiere. Woohoo!

2. ilovegsr

ilovegsr Victim

Sorry guys. I am still trying to figure out what I am doing and accidentally posted twice.

3. PiperGrissom

PiperGrissom Police Officer

:cool:Don't worry about it, it happens.LOL!!!:bolian:

OK, so how is she coming back???? Thoughts?

4. PiperGrissom

I AM WATCHING "DEAD DOLL" RIGHT NOW. I AM JUST SO THRILLED THEY ANNOUNCED THE GOOD NEWS TODAY OF ALL DAYS!!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I've got no idea what this last post means:confused: strange indeed, please explain:wtf:

[​IMG]

6. GSRLUVER

GSRLUVER Lab Technician

On the CSI Files page, I noticed an interesting article. It says that CSI is only the second most watched show this year being beat out by Desperate Housewives. They said CSI started out strong at the beginning of season 8, but around the time of the writer's strike lost 17% of it's viewers. I'm thinking that it wasn't really the strike at all and that those in the 17% are Sara or GSR fans who don't want to watch the show without Jorja.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

7. orange_cat

orange_cat Witness

Definitely I agree with you - I've seen countless people writing that they will no longer be particularly bothered about watching the show post-GB&GL, unless they hear that a connection to Sara is made. Basically a chunk of the 'can always be relied upon, die-hard fans', who make up the fanbase that really matters (in my opinion anyway) have lost heart somewhat and will no longer go out of their way to catch the show as they used to.

But, it is great to see that CSI remains right up there at the top in general still - which is darned amazing after 8 years! Not bad for a bunch of scientists/geeks :lol: Would this have happened without our geeklove though? I most definitely think not. But I do think the writers know this too, which is why I feel good about GSR into the future woo hoo!

8. PiperGrissom

I agree, I think that yes, the strike had a bit to do with it, but when the heart of CSI left, so did many of the fans.
    Since the heart is coming back, so will the many many fans who missed her.
    Can I say WOOHOOO again!?!?:thumbsup:

9. bengali13

bengali13 Rookie

I thought that too, because I used to make sure I was ready at five until nine every Thursday night. Now I record the episodes so that I can just skim through them if I feel like it. The show is definitely not the same without Jorja/Sara. And while I'm glad that it is doing well enough to be renewed, I am glad that some of the ratings did drop after Sara left, so that TPTB know that they need to keep GSR together, and to do that they needed to bring JF back.

PS - Desert, I saw that post too, before it got removed, and I didn't understand it either.

ETA: Our new countdown until the premiere - 118 days 11 hours and 38 min

Last edited: May 23, 2008
  10. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

"Canadian actress Lauren Lee Smith is joining
    CSI: Las Vegas next Season as a series regular she will be filling the void
    left by the departure of Jorja Fox."

DIRECT QUOTE.

11. PiperGrissom

Thanks so much for writing and sharing some of your thoughts on Sara
    Sidle. The character of Sara Sidle can never be replaced. A new
    character is coming on board - very different from Sara - as would
    naturally happen in a crime lab when a position opens up. I really
    think you'll come to love the new character; the actress playing her is
    pretty amazing.
    Don't miss the Season 9 premiere (September 18th in the U.S.). I can't
    reveal what's happening, but I'm pretty sure you'll be glad you saw it.
    Sincerely yours,

David Rambo

12. ilovegsr

ilovegsr Victim

I don't know what the writers will do when we first see Sara again but I can tell you how I want to see it happen. I want Grissom to come home and Sara will be there. I want there first scene to be alone, I want a hug, a kiss, and I want to hear them both say "I Love You" to each other. I am probably just dreaming though.

13. ilovegsr

ilovegsr Victim

I think that is all a bunch of crap! Jorja/Sara can't be replaced and I would like to believe the writers know that. She was a main character(and still is) for far too long to be replaced. It was probably A$$ that made that comment!

14. PiperGrissom

Sounds great to me. It's what us loyal and faithful GSR nuts deserve!

15. seattlegsrfan

seattlegsrfan Police Officer

Hey guys,
    Jeez, where to start?

Okay. The new actress. Maybe she's going to replace GD's spot in the cast instead of JF's.
    The ratings. Yes, I said on another site that I thought that a lot of the slide in ratings were due to JF leaving. Sometimes late this season I completely forgot that CSI was going to be on, and didn't even know what episode it was going to be when I remembered. I took me over two weeks to watch the episode I missed while I was in Vegas.
    The Aussielo report. I'm inclined to believe him. I think last year when he reported a few things that were incorrect it was because he'd been fed bogus info by TPTB to pressure JF into signing for a full season - ie, 'sign, or we'll kill your character.'
    That being said, I wonder if when he said JF would be in eight episodes this year, if that wasn't the pre-strike plan, with the eighth episode being the finale. But GD screwing up, and the writers strike pre-empted that episode. So, I wonder if this is going to be the fabled 'eighth episode'. And, if it is - will that be it?

Okay. I think that's it on the CSI front.
    A few personal things...still on hold about my job, but thanks for the support.
    O_Cat, 'The Game' is my current favorite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.