Cath/ Wendy Slash

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by bubbles, May 19, 2008.

1. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I know it says there are threads for all ships mentioned and stuff, and I'm really sorry if I've been really really thick starting this and it's lurking around somewhere else, but I did a forum search and couldn't find the thread for this wonderful new pairing.

I mean Wendy was smitten as soon as she saw Catherine ;)

Wendy: "I have always been very touchy feely, I mean I used to work in San Francisco, every day we used start with hugs."

Cath: "ha ha, hmm, that must have been nice for you."

I think that kinda weirded Cath out a bit, I don't think she was expected Wendy to be so outright.

Anyone else think this pairing has real potential?

[​IMG]

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

UH, NOPE, mainly because Catherine is 'STRAIGHT' and loves men:thumbsup:to weird, and off the wall:confused:and Wendy is straight as well!!!

3. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Meh, I think she's bi ;) but each to our own eh? that's what makes it all good fun right :) I really see something there. I must be kinda out there ;) although I'm really not, I just watched secrets and flies again, and there's definately some subtleness there, ;)

(did I seriously drink too much or does anyone agree with me lol)

4. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

While there's a lot of evidence to suggest Cath is straight, there's no evidence so suggest she's not bi. Let's keep an open mind, shall we? ;)

I don't think there's a thread for these two... I did a search myself and turned up nothing... thought I do recall something... :confused: If anyone comes across this thread that I possibly made up, let me know :lol:.

Interesting couple. Any particular moments you thought the chemistry was particularly good?

5. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

An open mind is good. ;) I thought i recalled something, but couldn't find it :S it says in the list that there is one, but I couldn't find it :S

I think, (without thinking too hard ;) ) the main chemistry for me was in the episode I mentioned, Secrets and Flies, which was Wendy's first episode, Wendy even asked Catherine out for lunch if I remember correctly ;)

And also, in 7x02, when Cath thought she'd been raped, and was in Wendy's lab, I think there was real tension there. I'll get back with more ;)

6. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

I never really come to shipper central but i saw this in the new posts and thought i'd lurk for a bit :lol:

I always thought Catherine seemed a little uneasy around Wendy, maybe she's in denial? And Wendy always seems to try and impress her or something? Ever since i saw the episode where Wendy invites Catherine for lunch/a drink sometime (can't remember exactly which) i thought, maybe it could work.

7. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

:D Hey, I'm glad the thread interested you ;) it is as if Catherine is a little uneasy around Wendy, it's as if normally she's totally ok about everything and everyone, and is extremely confident, but kind of loses it ever so slightly around Wendy.

It was 6x06 Secrets and Flies that Wendy invites Catherine out for a drink-lunch. :) Wendy's first episode if memory serves me right.

8. CSISneaky

CSISneaky Police Officer

I'm glad someone else thought this as well, i thought i was imagining it all :lol:

Like you said at the beginning as well about Wendy being smitten around Catherine, she's always like that around her so it makes me think maybe she is at least bi. At least from what we see of her i'd guess so, because obviously the lab techs don't get much coverage of the rest of their lives. And i totally agree with you Cath acts a little shy or nervous around Wendy. It's kind of funny when those two have a scene, but cute at the same time i think :)

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I thought I was seeing things too!! But they both seem so confident around other people, it's the obvious explanation that they're into each other, right? ;) I mean their first encounter, Wendy was like a rambling mess, when usually she seems so self-assured, i.e. with Hodges and the other lab-techs.

I think she must be at least bi, she wouldn't act like that around Cath otherwise, and I think Cath knows Wendy is attracted to her, and is tempted, as she finds her attractive too, hence the quietness back. Catherine does seem to have warmed to Wendy too :)

10. MiaCharlize

MiaCharlize Coroner

Awww, Catherine and Wendy, didn't they exchange flirtatious looks in the touchy feely scene?

I think they are a lovely couple, I c an definitely see some attraction between them. You guys are right, they both seem the bisexual type of girls, which is really sexy in that combination. ;)

Is Wendy still a regular on the show? I haven't watched the 2nd half of season 8. It'd be nice to see some more interaction between them, though.

11. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

They did, especially towards the end of the scene when talking about the embryo and virgin Christina Adalion (the victim in the ep).

I think she's still a regular, more so next season I think ( I'm still on season 7)

I think the combination is really good, they are both very attractive women, and seem to have a shyness around each other, its sweet..

I'm tempted to attempt a Cath/Wendy fic, I'm not sure though, maybe after exams ( I'll spend my exams thinking of a story ;) )
    I wonder what season 9 could bring (or season 8 for me as i haven't seen it ;) )

12. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Re: and even add your own it

Can anyone think of any other Cath/Wendy scenes of the top of their heads? I think there's looks between them quite often. :) I'll watch some eps later tonight, see what I find :D

13. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Oh bubbles, thanks for starting this thread :thumbsup:, I was about to, too, but than I always forgot.

Anyway, I love the thought of the two of them together, and yes, after watching Secrets and Flies for the first time I was like Wow, did she really just ask Catherine out? :eek: And Catherine seemed really flustered about it too, don't you think.

As soon as I'm reunited with my DVDs I'll have to rewatch S6 to find more scenes of them together.

14. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

I know it was just like, omg, the new girl did not seriously ask Catherine out... And I think Cath thought the same, and it kinda shocked her, but I think she loved it.. And she didn't say no ;) She was rather flustered, I can't remember many other occasions where Catherine's been flustered!!

15. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

LOL I'm too glad that someone has started this thread...we do have male shippers, but its also good to see female slash pairings as well...

Nope, your not wrong Wendy most certianly did ask Catherine out, when I watched that episode I did think that it was kinda strange lol... But then reading this, it does kinda make sence. Wendy did and Catherine was kinda shocked or suprised.

Well the evidence speaks for itself, is Catherine bisexual or bicurious, who knows... She I think is a open minded kinda woman who would try anything once...