The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Mua hahaha lots to reply to.
    ^-^ Yeah, I can see that now. Greg/Warrick weren't too close... but I guess that I'd want to see some real emotion from Greg. Usually he doesn't let any through, except for a few parts, like in the episode with the burn victim, in Fannysmakin' and in Grave Danger. Did I miss any episodes where Greg's raw emotions show through? Greg's a pretty cool character and he doesn't show too many emotions. Hmm, sounds kind of like Gris, but different.
    I think that it'd be great if Greg did break down, but maybe he would be crying for everything that was lost when Warrick met his fate? Maybe he was crying for everyone around him who knew Warrick better than he did (especially for Nick, Cath and Grissom), or because a great man like Warrick lost his life just trying to find some justice, or just for the fact that the world was going to be a much crueler, colder place without Warrick in it.
    My mom was saying how Grissom's going to be on the warpath to track down who killed Warrick, and I couldn't help but agree with her.
    "Hell hath no fury like a Grissom enraged."
    Hmm, I think enraged is too tame a word. Grissom's going to be... well, I don't know what Grissom's mental state will be after he finds out, but it won't be good for the US!

^-^ Adorable. Nick's heart's going to be shattered into a million different pieces soon, and Greg's going to be there to help put it all back together. But, of course, like with everything in life, it won't be easy.

^-^ I don't know why they don't, but I might have a bit of a theory... Maybe TPTB don't consider Greg and Nick very close? In fact, have we ever seen Warrick and Nick go out to a game at all (besides the one where they sit down to play poker together, sorry forgot title of episode)? We know these two are friends outside of work. But it would be kind of stupid if TPTB don't consider Greg and Nick friends outside of work. They joke around and interact as friends, not just coworkers. Or maybe CSI Las Vegas just doesn't like to put in much of the characters' outside lives. We've seen snippets from all of them, but maybe Greg/Nick hanging out just seems too small to put in there. A kind of dumb reason, but who knows.

^-^ Re Bryce: Hmm. From what I've read about her... she sounds like someone for Grissom, but she looks like someone Nick would go out with (red hair). I dunno, but Nick better not be going out with the waitress and seeing Bryce on the side. *rolls eyes* You know Nick's trying to compensate for something if he has to be seeing two woman at the same time. >.<
    Re scenario: Aweh!!! It's cute and I love it. Stephanie could finally be useful. You should totally turn that into a fanfic. xD
    Re Ray being gay (Ooh that rhymed): CSI should have a recurring gay person that isn't the victim or the suspect. I mean, come on... people are more open minded now. Being more up to date would probably draw in more viewers than lose them. But who knows how the older viewers would take to it. I don't know, seeing as how I am not older... whatever age that may be.

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  2. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Oh my, it's so hard to write (;)) here 'cause when I think about something somebody else already written it or I just read all and forget what wanted to say... But anyway...

Oh, I see this moment... really cute.

I know nothing about Roy, but I really didn't want to see her as a Nick's (or even Grissom) girlfriend. When I heard about her my first thought was that she'll be interesting for Greggo... gah! I don't want it but when you'll remind epis you'll find that Grissom and Nick had some romances (lol, GSR - some romance) in past. I guess it's time for Greggo. I remember also (hmm, season 7) the story with this lawyer (?). That was short so...
    I just can't stand all this girls around. We all know the truth...

3. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Welcome to the Fort Deirdre! You'll have a wonderful time with us Love fans :D

Well, now that you mention it - the new girl, Bryce (?), well, don't hate me, but if she's really like you describe her, than I could imagine Grissom being interested :cool:

But now back to the boys ;)! I just watched 35K O.B.O. and finally I got the "baby" comment from Greg. How could I have ever missed it???? And the way Nick grinned? So cute and later on he smiled at Greg hunched over the microscope like "yeah, that's the man I love"

Sometimes I really get the feeling that the team knows that Nick's gay. Like when they were in the lab and Nick ordered Warrick on the floor, he said "You always put me down" or something like it. Nick grinned, Warrick grinned and Sara too, so I guess they at least might suspect something.

The though of a love interest for Greg is almost if not more devastating than one for Nick because Greg would flaunt it around. He'd be happy to no end and Nick would have to play along. At least with Nicky "being in love" he wouldn't flaunt it at poor Greggo.

And I want them to hang out, too. Nothing big, just a comment at the end of a case like "Hey, you up for breakfast?" or "Have you finished 'cause I'm starving!" and then whoever said it would smile and they'd head out together.

4. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Last edited: May 18, 2008
  5. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Oh, nice! :p Yeah I would like this. I love the idea that some people know, and they just smile about it and don't let on to people who would make a fuss (like Ecklie, maybe, though I still think Ecklie has a very well hidden nice streak somewhere). I think Nick is kind of obviously gay in a way, it's just there, but I think Greggo tries to hide it more. Like with all of his comments about women. He doesn't fool me however, does anyone else think this part of his voiceover in the fabulous Rashomama says a lot:

GREG: (v.o.) So I headed behind the pink curtain, where the girls go to get glossy.

(He picks up his kit and walks into the suite. Vanity tables are lined up on both sides of the room. He walks over to one of the tables and picks up a blush brush still covered with powder.)

(He blows.)

(A puff of red-colored dust billows in the air. He puts the brush back down on
    the table and looks around the room.)

GREG: (v.o.) A little shine here, a little pouf there. A little ...

Congratulations, Greggo, you just out-gayed yourself there :lol:

All these women, pshaw, it's a smokescreen.

Also, welcome Deirdre, I'm glad you liked my little scene. Great to see more Love Fans :thumbsup:

Nat x

6. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

7. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ :lol: I love it its so true. Maybe Greggo has a few beards of his own. We learn a little about Greggo's fantasies in Time of Your Death.

Greg: Well, hush money or not, you have to admit that whole fantasy night thing was a pretty cool gift from a very generous boss. (looks towards Grissom, who makes a face)
    Sara (smirking): Greg, don't you have a birthday coming up?
    Greg: Why, yes, Sara, I do.
    Catherine: I'm thinking, ear-shredding rock, a beautiful model, boatloads of sushi and...latex.
    Greg: Eh, that was last year.
    Grissom: I think fantasies are best kept private.
    Nick: The biggest fantasy here in Vegas is that everything happens by chance. Nothing here happens by chance. The odds are set before you even walk off the plane.

I don't know how much proves Greggo is hot for Nicky, but his response to beautiful female models is eh. Thats always a good sign. Maybe I'm just rambling again but I love that conversation and I always imagine Greggo thinking naught things about Nicky. :devil:

Sara's Girl- I love you scene with Greggo taking Nicky's hand at the funeral.So cute and sad at the same time. Man I'm gonna miss Warrick so much. :(

Also Welcome to the FORT Deirdre, I believe I've seen you before at the WARD. *Shakes fist at the sky* See that writers the support for the LOVE grows you turds, quit trying to hide it.

8. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Sara's Girl - *HHHUUUUUGGGGG* I hope that makes you feel better! And I really like your funeral scene idea, that would look so nice and sweet on the show, seriously. I think they should hire you to help the writers with some ideas.

CSIElizabeth - You read my mind on several of your ideas! Of course Nick would want Greg there at the scene with him and of course Greg would postpone all the meetings in cali. Though I never thought of him dedicating the book to him. But I kinda like that idea too.

love_fan - "baby" comment? What baby comment was that? Apparently I missed it too! Please tell!

Well, that's it for me folks. I've finally been granted some writing time so I'll go work on that story I keep talking about. I will say though, I doubt I'll be able to post anything this weekend. Sorry about that. I really wish I could. I always feel good when I can post something. Oh well, Greg and Nick are needing my attention, I must go see them. bye all! Oh, and before I forget... Deirdre, welcome! So glad you could join us! You'll love it here!

9. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

Proof that school has kept me way busy since this is from almost a month ago.

Anyways, thanks and I'm planning to get a lot of Nick/Greg fic written over the summer.

And for Nick/Greg relevance - I'm re-watching season 7 and in "Empty Eyes" they communicate without speaking. They are so in love.

10. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Yeah, gotta love Rashomama! It always cheers me up, you have Greg being sexy and Nick being romantic and of course the 'public declaration of love' moment. Ah.

Damn....*goes into fangirl spasm at the idea of writing for CSI* If I was in charge it would be a frenzy of subtext, every episode, nothing but Greg and Nick looking at each other and smouldering and touching...god. *fans self*
    Thanks for the hug, hun, I needed it *hug* I'm feeling a little better now thinking about Greg acting all gay and how Nick would respond to that.

Thanks, MsCatherineBrown, and I am going to really miss Warrick too. I'm distracting from it because it's messing with my head a little. Re Time of Your Death, I hadn't noticed it but now that you mention it...he certainly doesn't sound all that enthused about the model idea...it's cause he has something better at home, right? Or is it because he *wants* Nick but can't tell him and he's feeling a little frustrated. Either way works for me. :)

Argghh...I'm writing angst again and it's hurting my head. If I get round to posting it tonight I'll do a link if anyone wants, I'm not feeling confident today (C2 to After You Were Mine and features Warrick a little because it's set S7 when things were nicer) :(

Nat x

11. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

^-^ Rashomama has so many entertaining moments in it, like this scene here, the "marriage is a public declaration of love" and the "dude, where's your car?" part. Ah, gotta love that episode. I agree that Greg definitely 'out-gayed' himself right there, but in an absolutely cute way.

^-^ I love how Nick and Greg could just look at each other and have no need for communication. It's adorable.

^-^ Oh wow. I think they'd need a show to themselves just for all that subtext.... Hmm... Greg and Nick having their own show, getting into their own adventures... Man, if that happened, I probably would never stop watching the TV.
    MsCatherineBrown- I was sort of surprised when Greg wasn't enthused about what Catherine suggested. The first time I watched that episode, I wasn't a Love shipper, but now reading that I can understand why his fantasy changed. Nick's his fantasy now. And what Nick said kind of puts the pot bunnies to work... if Greg had flown to Las Vegas from California, were the odds already placed on whether or not he would get with Nick? Hmmmmmm...
    And welcome Deirdre to our awesome thread. xD

12. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

I'm working on an epic that among other pairings has Nick/Greg and I am not killing Warrick off.

I started arcing the epic during the strike and decided, I couldn't keep changing the outline every week, so I'm following canon somewhat faithfully through "Bull" and am playing 'pick and choose' with everything else. The fact both of the boys were sick in "Grissom's Divine Comedy" - totally in the epic. Anything involving Nick and a girlfriend - totally not.

13. welleg

welleg Dead on Arrival

I so do not remember that - I need to rewatch that episode. Of course I can't even remember what season that is off the top of my head. I'm most familiar with seasons 7 and 8.

I absolutely love it whenever Nick and Greg are on screen together. Their interactions are just so awesome.

ETA: Sorry about double-posting. I forget most forums aren't fond of that.

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Welcome tot he Fort Welleg, hope you have fun here. I also loved Rashomama for so many reasons, I always love the humorous episodes of CSI anyway but Greg really got a chance to shine in this one. But the scene in the diner was just awesome: "Marriage is a public declaration of love"

AS for the new girl, I don't see her as a threat (at least not yet) I am just gonna give her a chance as the new CSI. Nick will not have any interest in her because if they keep the waitress storyline, he'll have a GF (Grrrrrrr). Grissom unfortunately is still with Sara, TPTB have made that painfully clear, she may be off the show but they are still together so Grissom will not be interested. Greg - maybe, but I'll wait and see. I don't like to judge things before I see them.

Greg and Nick holding hands or comforting each other over Warrick would be nice to see.

15. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Well, the two of them are in the lab, Greg just told Nicky that he checked his date's DNA both are smiling like mad (how could they not, there together!) and than Nick hands Greg the hair which Greg takes and says "Baby", Nicky grins and then he checks it out under the microscope. I know the baby part is probably meant for the hair, but Nick's grin is just so adorable! When I'm home again (with DSL instead of slooooooooooooow ISDN) I try and find a pic.

I love Rashomama, too, who doesn't? It was just too funny, Nicky getting all angry at the end :lol:. Oh and let's not forget about the number he got from one of the bridemaides and the resulting "Did you get a number?" from Greg. He was really worried there and later on when someone mentioned something about cocktail waitresses he was all "yeah, whatever". I don't know why but I always though he reacted like this because of Nick.

Welleg, 35K O.B.O. is from S1 episode 18.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.