The Fort for Nick?greg slash fans #19

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Wojo, Apr 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. my_last_chance

my_last_chance Police Officer

Re girlfriend and Nick: I know this is going to sound somewhat absurd, but I think the whole thing would have turned out differently if Nick hadn't stayed to talk to the waitress. Maybe, if Nick had walked Warrick out to his car...
    *sighs* If Nick had been there, do you think the Undersherrif would have reacted differently? Personally, I don't know. Maybe he would have taken out both of the CSI's.
    Man... the team would be absolutely hysterical if they lost both Nick and Warrick.
    Re Warrick: I'm still holding on to a sliver of hope that Warrick will be okay. I know that his chances are extremely close to zero but...
    Re Nick getting annoyed at Greg: I can see why Nick got irritated with him, but I can also see Greg's p.o.v. I probably would have voiced the same thing. You have to see all sides of something, and sometimes Nick just wants to see one side. The side that shows him that everything will turn out alright.
    Okay, and everyone, don't hate me for this, but...
    I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how Nick reacts to Warrick's death. Will he freak out and need to be held down by Greggo, or will he ultimately shut himself down, only running on auto pilot and not speaking to anyone? Hmm. *gets thinking cap on* It's going to be interesting to see how it goes. In a way, I sort of want Nick to break down and need comforting from a certain someone... even if it comes at the cost of his best friend. (runs from people throwing rotten fruit 'cause of my sick sense of entertainment)

2. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

The way I see it is that it would have made no diffrence at all, If Nick would have left the diner too he and Warrick would have gone their seperate ways and Warrick would still be dead. Even If Nick walked him to his car and Warrick took off for home I believe the undersherrif would have just followed him and killed him there. No matter what I see the same outcome.

I am anxious to see what happens next season, I hope they don't sweep Warrick's death under the rug. I also want to see how Nick reacts to it all (and everyone else). I would love to see Nick and Greg comfort each other.

3. my_last_chance

^-^ Who knows. Maybe the evil Undersherrif would have just taken poor Warrick out anyways. I dunno.
    But I agree with you when you say that you hope they don't sweep Warrick's death under the rug. I don't want Season 9 to start months later, after everything has been "taken care of." This isn't like Holly Gribbs' death. We were attached to Warrick and so were the main characters. I personally want to see some emotion from all of them. I don't know how that would go if it skipped ahead a few months.
    This is kind of the scenario I was hoping for between our boys after Nick discovers Warrick's dead. Nick could be alone at the lab, in the locker room, standing in front of his best friend's locker just crying his eyes out when a figure comes up from behind him. The figure puts his arms around Nick and whispers soothingly to him. The audience wouldn't know who it was exactly, but us Love fans would know that it's Greg comforting his boy.

4. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Thanks for your thoughts guys! Your ideas about Nick losing it or shutting down and Greg crying after soothing him all night sound about right. I could see all of that happening.
    Wojo - I would love to see that locker scene on the show! And maybe, just maybe they'd show a hand with a ring on it or something that would prove to us that it's Greg. Not that Greg wears a ring or anything, but if it was perhaps, say, one of Nick's and we can tell it's not Nick's hand, duh, well, then... well, maybe that doesn't work so well. Greg needs to go buy a ring, asap. lol.
    My_Last_Chance - your sick sense of humor agrees with mine!

So, we'll see what happens in my piece. I really only had the first line in my head so the rest is not plotted, making this harder to write than most of my work.

Dizzney - I love your new icon! lol, who wouldn't love that adorable smile? And, thanks for that treat! It was hard to spot when I was watching it the other night!

What else can I say? They'd better not sweep WArrick's death under the rug. I'll hunt them down if they do. I mean, so many people complained when Sara left and everyone almost forgot about her the ep after. But at least she's still alive. *sigh*

5. MsCatherineBrown

MsCatherineBrown CSI Level Two

^^ I agree with all of that. Greggo was no where near as close to Warrick as Nicky was. I think it will more effect him more through Nicky and the other members of the team. But the boys comforting each other would be a perfect way to introduce their relationship on the show. Even just a simple scene like my_last_chance suggested. That may be a easier way as seen through the writers to introduce a slash relationship.Also I agree they better not just skip over Warrick being gone like the did with Sara.

Dizzney- Thanks for the treat I love it. :)

6. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

Agreed, on both counts - the icon...it moves and stuff! Yes, I may be easily impressed, but I like it very much :) thanks for the treat, too!

They better not just dismiss it, but I don't think they will, Warrick was a major character and had a big following. I too would like to see Nick and Greg comforting each other, even if just a little, and the hand thing would work for me. it doesn't need to be over the top or anything. I think Nick's going to be dealing with a hell of a lot of guilt about what happened even though I agree it would not have made any difference what he did. Greg will still be in shock to lose a colleague I think, even though they weren't that close. He will be sad because Nick is sad...

I may be seriously in denial but everything I'm writing at the moment re Nick and Greg still has Warrick in it, I am refusing to acknowledge S8 until I'm ready to deal with it. Which I'm not :(

On a slightly cheerier note, because this whole thing is making me sad and because I rewatched this last night - but how good does Greg look in Kiss Kiss Bye Bye? When he's getting his book signed by the ex-showgirl, ah god that smile is just...*sigh* I'll admit I rewatched that part a couple of times. I know Nick wasn't in it very much but I like to imagine that at the end, where he puts on the hat and walks out of the locker room, he's going to meet Nick and get all excited talking about old Vegas...then they go home and, well, the rest does not require my explanation. Plus they both have great hair in S6 which is good enough for me.

So yeah...I have no excuses really, monkey notwithstanding, but here's something nice to read anyway:

http://www.nickandgreg.com/desert_archive/viewstory.php?sid=4922&i=1

Nat x

7. Greggo_Obsessed

Greggo_Obsessed Hit and Run

Well now that my sister's graduation is over, I can finally post something.

Okay I'll admit it, I cried when Warrick was shot. I agree that there's that sliver of hope in me that says he isn't dead but I mean realistically, there is no way he could've survived that. Aweh I was always a Yo!Bling fan too.
    I agree that they can't just ignore it. They had better not skip like six months and not show anyone grieving.
    Nick will definitely need comforting... from Greggo. And Greg will definitely supply that. I loved the locker room scenario. Greg would be more sad for Nick than anything. Greg and Warrick were never that close. In fact in the early days of CSI: Sanders, Warrick seemed to get annoyed at him quite often.
    Personally, I didn't see any subtext, probably because I was distracted by everything with Warrick; not to mention my science project. Screencaps would be appreciated.
    It seemed to me that the waitress didn't seem interested at all. Which is good and Nick did have to be convinced to talk to her. But I agree, Nick walking out to Warrick's car with him would not have saved Warrick and could have ultimately got Nick killed as well.
    It's funny, when I first heard that Warrick was leaving, my_last_chance asked how I thought they'd do it and my first thought was they were going to kill him. I guess I was right. But just because I knew it was coming doesn't mean I was ready for it.:(

8. my_last_chance

Re scenario in locker room: I'm glad y'all liked it. I just honestly wish we could get that kind of thing happening on the show. I know, small chance, but you never know, right? Season 9 is a whole new season.
    Re Warrick: I'm really wondering how they will start Season 9. Will Warrick not turn up for work? Will someone try to get in touch with him, and he won't answer his cell? Will someone (please let it be Nick!) have heard the shots and go to investigate? Oh wow, the drama of it all. *bounces in chair* Can anyone tell I'm excited? xD
    ^-^ Well I'm glad I'm not the only one with a sick sense of humor!
    Re Nick/Greg in general: We're all going to be wanting something from the boys. I know I will be. Some sort of comforting moment were one of them soothes the other. Maybe it will be Nick comforting Greg? I could kind of see them at Warrick's funeral. Greg breaking down and Nick trying (but not prevailing) to calm him down. Or vice versa. I'm sort of dreading Cath's response, but also waiting for it with anticipation.

9. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I really don't see Greg as the one to break down. I definitely see Nick as the one to break down. He was closest to Warrick and was already getting all huffy just with Greg discussing the case. I can see him getting very angry and upset and out for revenge for who killed Warrick. I can see Greg trying to calm him down and hold him back from making a mistake, something that might be considered vigilante in seeking his revenge.

10. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

I hate your plot bunnies because I can't write but they still keep visiting me. :eek:

OK, so we all agree that Greg would be the one comforting Nick and yes, just a look, a "friendly" touch would do it for me. I mean, of course I'd love to see more (a hug, the two of them holding hands at the funeral - sigh :eek:) but I'd settle for something subtle too.

Anyway, I haven't seen the episode, so if my reasoning is wrong in any way, I apologize, and I'm usually not for angst but that idea just came to me because you said that Nicky was upset with Greg. Well, as much as I'd hate to watch something like that but I could see that Nicky would get angry at Greg for believing whatever he had implied earlier. He would scream at him saying he never liked Warrick that he was jealous of their friendship and so on. Of course he'd only say these things because he hurts so much and wouldn't really mean them. And Greg would know that too. So he'd just listen to Nicky letting it all out until he'd finally break down in Greg's strong arms.

See, I told you, I hate you bunnies!!! Anyway, feel free to use my idea.

Oh, Dizzney, I absolutely adore your new avatar, I gather it's from the season finale and so was that little clip of Nick laughing at Greg?

11. candygirl1uk

candygirl1uk Pathologist

Well as I’ve yet to see the final episode, I can only go by the great little avi that Dizzney made…
    I assume that this is from the diner where Warrick, Nick and Greg are correct?

There is love interaction there, when Nick glances at Greg for a little too long, then as soon as Greg glares back, Nick looks towards Warrick.

That is one tender sweet love moment.

Anyone notice the smiles. These were totally honest and genuine.

I think that Nick’s smile is the biggest most happiest smile I’ve seen George ( or is it Nick?) give to date.

It speaks volumes to me.

Greg’s smile, wow how can it not light up a nuclear reactor for the next five days with that smile. How cute is it when Greg cups his hands over his mouth… Is he trying to stop himself from smiling at Nick?

Regarding Greg’s relationship with Warrick, they just tolerate each other cause of two things, Nick and their work. If it wasn’t for Nick, then they would just talk about work.. That’s it.
    Greg in the lab irritated Warrick no end… Warrick in the field, has shown Greg how not to behave.

Did someone mention that Greg said that Warrick was a tough cop. Yeah, to be honest so can I. I can see Warrick giving Flack a run for his money over in NY.

Maybe, its also about time that we saw Nick and Greg out of work and doing something fun and interesting. We’ve seen it on NY, where Danny and Flack went to a basketball game…. Why can’t wee see Greg and Nick doing something like that as well perhaps a football game ?

That then would indicate that they’re more than what they don’t say, but to non love fans, its just two buds having some downtime.

12. QOTU

QOTU Police Officer

Oh love_fan! I love that idea! I think I am gonna "steal" it for my story cause I can so see that happening!

Someone mentioned holding hands at the funeral... that would be so sweet, and perfect... but if they're not out to the team, it probably wouldn't happen... but I'll explore that in my story, I'm sure.
    I think it's clear at least Warrick didn't know they were together because he practically threw Nick at the waitress. Unless he was trying to get Nick to see that Greg wasn't for him, and I'd hate to think that.
    *sigh* I've already seen the ep twice, the second time to get the facts about the end for this story, you know, how many shots were fired and all that stuff. Looks like I'll have to watch it again for other stuff I hadn't thought of. The second time I didn't cry, not initially, cause I was trying too hard to look for evidence that would convict the undersheriff, ha, I didn't see anything. I'm seeing some other stuff though, like who was there at the diner, who would be running out first to see what happened... and what that would look like. I don't want to go into too much detail cause it'll all be in my story... but you can think about that some.
    Well, I've got to run... ttyl!

13. Sara's Girl

Sara's Girl Prime Suspect

I too cannot resist that smile, how could anyone? I rather think Nick couldn't...

And yeah, agreed on this ^^ I would love to see them out of work together, even doing something quite normal, like a game, or going for breakfast just the two of them, cause friends could do that, colleagues could do that, but we'd know better, right? I personally would like to see them grocery shopping and I don't know why, but maybe I would like to see them make fun of each other's food choices. Domestic subtext!

So...I'm being dragged out of my denial by reading these posts and I just feel sad. It's just not right, what happened. I will be interested to see Catherine's reaction as well, but I think Nick's will be the most emotional - I just keep thinking of how Warrick behaved during GD - they meant a lot to each other.

I think they could hold hands at the funeral if done a certain way - like when everyone's sitting down during the service, if they were sitting next to each other they could easily show Greg reach out for Nick's hand down at their sides between them, no one else would see or notice because they are all looking forwards. Just a little gesture of love and support. Maybe Nick would smile just a little bit, even if he was crying, because he would be reminded that Greg is always there for him. It could just be a short moment, you know during the bit where they show each person in turn to show their reaction as the person doing the service talks about Warrick. Y'know...life...death...love.

Hmm I made myself a little sadder :( I think I need a hug. Oh dear.

Nat x

14. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Well, I'm happy to announce that i did see the epi...but I'm kinda wishing the ending hadn't happened. But, then again, Gary left, and my mom is so sure that Gary's going to jail (please, no!):(

Yeah...I didn't see that thing with Nick and Greg, but I'm sure if they show it again, I'll catch it! But I did notice the waitress and the look Greg gave her! lol.

Oh, and, hey, Roy isn't out yet. But, right now, they've got a new girl coming in. I'm worried this is Nick's REAL girlfriend....

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o277/mutantxcap/5.jpg

So, yeah. She scares me a bit, and aparently, Lauren Lee Smith, which is the name of the actress playing her, has been in a lot of SciFi stuff in past. Am I the only one who really doesn't like where TPTB are going with this?

No word on Roy yet, though. I still think he should be gay! lol. Seriously, they really need a reacurring gay person on CSI.

But, yeah, *Sniffs* Warrick...I cried for about two hours. I logged off the live caht, then it just hit me...I went like, "Warrick's dead, oh my God, WARRICK'S DEAD!!" And, mind you, I SCREAMED that. I do not want to know what the neighbors thought...

I'm thinking...with the way Nick bit Greg's head off right there...maybe they've just had a big fight? And are distancing themselves from each other, but Nick can't stop thinking about Greg and how the fight was his fault. And now Greg's going off someplace out of state, and Nick needs to tell Greg that he didn't mean it. That's why he hung behind, thinking thing out: should he go after the one good thing in his life, or should he let him got to California or whatever and blow off steem, then try to work things out when he got back. I don't think he wanted to ask the waitress out. I'm going on a limb here, but...

Nick is left sitting in the diner, an empty plate and a coffee cup in front of him. The waitress (stephanie) comes over and starts to clear off the table.

Nick: Hey...can I ask you a question?

Stephanie: *looks at him and smiles* sure.

Nick: Uh...what would you do if...you had a fight with your...significant other and, as a result...your distancing yourselves for each other and their leaving for...let's say California today?

Stephanie *looks a little taken aback by his strange question.* Well...depends, is it somethign serious?

Nick: I'd like to think.

Stephanie: Do you love them?

Nick: *looks deep in thought for a few seconds* You know what...I really think I do...

Stephanie And when did you say their leaving?

Nick: Uh...*looks at his watch* right now.

Stephanie: Well, then, I'd be running, then, wouldn't I?!

Nick: Hops up* Jesus, you're right! Thanks, Stephanie!

Stephanie: *chuckles* no problem, nick, you and Greg work it out.

Nick doens't even bother to ask how she knows as he walks out. Then, there is the sound of a gun shot.

Lengthy, I know. The ned is, of course, Warrick getting shot. And, I'm going from the view that the CSI's have been to that diner several times and Stephanie knows them and has seen the atraction between Nick and Greg. lol.

-Lynn

15. CSIElizabeth

CSIElizabeth Witness

GAAAAAH! I am soooooo angry right now! I lost my whole post because for some reason, I got logged out! *grumbles angrily* That just....sucks! I would say more, but uh, moderators watching. Gosh darn it! It was a good post too!

So let's see. Ugh! Anyway, I don't think they will just sweep Warrick under the rug. He was a major part of their lives and he was Nick's best friend. He'll be living this for a while. I hope Greg will be there for him.

It was heartbreaking to watch everyone leave because you know when they get home, the phone will ring. I wonder if Grissom, Catherine, or Greg were still in the parking lot? How long was it from the time Catherine left to when Warrick was shot?

I would like to see Greg being there for Nick because it would be nice of them to be there for each other. If Greg was still in the parking lot and he and Nick both found Warrick, I think it would help Nick to have someone there and not be all alone when he found Warrick. I had this written out a lot better in my original post.

As for Greg's book, I wondered if he would be able to postpone the meeting with the publishers? He'll want to stay and help with the investigation. It would also be nice of him to dedicate it to Warrick. Now if we could tell the writers.

I also have some Nick/Greg stories on the backburner and Warrick is alive in one of my future fics. That will be difficult. I don't know if I can just kill him off. :(

QOTU- If you need help with your story, let me know. I watched the scene again and yeah, that McKean did his best to make sure he didn't leave evidence. I hope a thread got caught somewhere. *growls*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.