"Two and a Half Deaths" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, May 3, 2008.

1. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

To tell the truth, last night's epi was stupid!

2. korbjaeger

korbjaeger Pathologist

Loved it.

I know a lot of the gags were "inside" in nature (I even question how many people got the "Burbank" reference at the end) so that's automatically going to narrow the "demographic" of who appreciated it...but I liked it. One long piss-take, even SuperDave sort of calling Grissom on his penchant for bad puns. So we had a couple eps of the show not taking itself too seriously, before what promises to be one big angstfest next week. I'm all about the balance, baby.

The TAAHM writers who did this script are obviously devout CSI fans. Next season, how about a "NUMB3RS' writer tradeoff? :cool:

3. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Untacking feel free to continue the discussion. :)

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

According to the Internet Movie DataBase (imdb.com), Diedrich Bader is 6' 2" (1.88 m).

5. GameFace

GameFace Lab Technician

Best bits where basically Brass and Griss (the long end scene was great, as where all their scenes in LA), those two guys where just superb. Great to see Paul Guilfoyle and Bill Petersen doing a lot of scenes together. Doc 'n Super Dave, Henry, Hodges and Wendy where great as well. And some of the inside jokes where cute.

The rest - a bit meh. Two and a Half Men is rubbish, so quite frankly I wasn't expecting much, and they didn't supply much, their writters just don't write funny stuff. They are lucky that CSI has such strong actors though, cos that is the only thing that carried this show.

6. WornSouls

WornSouls Witness

I absolutely agree with you! I've always found Two and half men boring and unfunny. But the CSI cast were amazing, they made it bearable, I wouldn't have gotten through the whole thing otherwise.

7. byline

byline CSI Level One

At which point I had to turn and explain to my husband how they work. The guy's 40, and it was still a mystery to him, LOL!

Loved this episode. The humor could so easily have been over the top, but it was deftly handled. As hubby has observed, and I agree, this season feels a lot more like the first four seasons, which IMO were the best. But I find myself really enjoying this season, and "CSI" isn't the only series where I'm seeing this. I wonder if the writers' strike provided a much-needed break for everyone to recharge their creative batteries. It was hard on many people, financially, but maybe creatively it gave people time to rest, reflect, do other thing with their lives and then come back excited and happy to be there, rather than it just being another episode to get done.

8. byline

byline CSI Level One

Grissom knows a lot of academic/technical knowledge, but he's not real clued in to pop-culture references. That's been the case for his character from the get-go, so I thought that was quite consistent . . . and funny.

9. alienor

alienor Police Officer

I totally agree with Byline

That is something I loved about Grissom: his ignorance in subjects that everyone know, this is something very touching and funny, because some may make fun of him, thinking that he is so bizarre. I was very happy that the writers bring this back, because our writers seem to have forgotten what built the character, often they are moving futher away from characteristics of Grissom.

I love when people say about Grissom, "but where does he come from ?" :D

What makes me laugh the more is the scene with Warrick, when they are in front of the blood stain.

Warrick: What does this look like to you?
    Grissom: Hermaphrodite on roller skates. :eek: :lol:
    Catherine: a puppy

The answer of Grissom is so strange and surrealist, and he seems so surprised that Catherine think to a puppy :lol:

Great episode !

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  10. dani123

dani123 Victim

God bless the Wikipedia because for a non-american girl of middle 80's Fonz is one of the ????Hã?:confused:!!! moments. But now i know who is Fonz and What mean that JUmping shark line. Because without a background this line makes no sense. Jumping Shark? Until now that's makes no sense :D

11. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

And what was even stranger was that none of the characters from "Two and a Half Men" weren't even on CSI. I mean, why have an episode entitled "Two and a Half Deaths" when none of the characters are included? It's total nonsense and a waste of money.

12. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

AHHH, but they were on, when Brass & Grissom were on the CBS lot riding in the golf cart, they passed by Charlie Sheen, Jon Cryder and the kid, and Grissom pointed them out to Brass, they were standing ouside their trailer!

13. dani123

dani123 Victim

And the joke was the kid smoking like a good star brat without limits.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Yea, that was funny. And they were all messy like their shirts not tucked in and their hair disheveled :lol:!

15. VManso

VManso CSI Level Two

What I meant was that they didn't have an active role! For instance, Charlie Sheen didn't make that remark about Cath's dress being police issue... or did he? And where was Greta(?), his housemaid?