Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by dutch_treat, Jan 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Re: Anna/Lindsay thread #4 - "You've got friends, kiddo!"

I really do hope we see more of her enthusiasm again. Depressed and sad Lindsay isn't as fun loving as she is when she's rockin' it :)

I don't her to be cold to Danny again, but having them revert back to early S2 would be good - somewhat. We still don't know what the writers are going to do with DL, or where they're going to go so who knows where they're going to stand at the end of all of this.

I really wish the writers would stop attaching Lindsay's character to Danny's all the time. Sure they can be in a relationship but she can have a life out of it too. I'd like to see more interaction with other people, possibly regarding things out of work too. :)

2. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I totally agree with what you said. I love Lindsay, and I finally want her to be like she had been in season 2. Whenever I watch the old epis, I have to smile. She was so cute and funny, and I loved it when she impressed Mac with her demonstrations (but it's a good sign that we got a sceen like this last epi, right?).

I also want to see more of Lindsay as an individual person. She's more than just Danny's girlfriend. She really is, because she was already awesome in season 2. But of course I'd also love to see them back together again. ;)

3. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

how much did Anna rock in this episode?

she was simply great in the interogation scene. I didnt get the smile - maybe she was going for supportive? but after the guys left she was simply awesome. the look in her eyes - so understanding and compassionate, I loved it

and I like that she was working with Mac a lot. now I want to see some scenes with Adam and Hawkes, pretty please, TPTB :)

4. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I haven't seen anything of the epi yet, but according to what I read until now, it seems to be a good epi. I can't wait to see it.

I'd love to see her work with Adam or Hawkes. In season 3 she worked with Hawkes a few times. It's always nice to watch them together.

5. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

I thought Lindsay was great in the eppy :) and I didn't miss Danny at all until the very end when I was asking myself, "wait, what happened to Danny again?" :p

I loved her scene alone with Gerrard's daughter (I've already forgotten her name), thought she did spectacular, the right amount of care and understanding. As for the smile, it probably was supportive. Lindsay doesn't smile all that much to people...so there had to be a reason for it. I loved the fact that Gerrard's daughter asked to speak to Lindsay alone; it gave her an opportunity to shine without - and she did :)

6. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i was so excited to see some Lindsay- alone scenes (and when i say "alone" i mean without Danny). i loved seeing her work with Mac, they work well together.

the interrogation scene was great to see. at first the look on her face when Gerrard's daughter asked if she could speak to Lindsay alone looked like Lindsay was saying to herself "oh shit" like she was uncomfortable. Lindsay basically knew what the girl was about to say and her face said it all.

i really liked how there was no D/L ship drama this week. yes i am a massive D/L fan but it needed a break. and look what having no D/L drama did it gave us some very good Lindsay Monroe scenes :)

7. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

See, I've never viewed Lindsay as 'needing' Danny. The writers put Lindsay and Danny together in almost every episode to try to work out some sort of romantic relationship with them, but there's never been a point in my mind that it has become "Lindsay isn't a character without Danny".

The biggest example of this is when she goes to testify in Montana. She doesn't need Danny to be there for her. She was on the stand without him there. His presence gave her a little extra strength, but she was all set to nail the man who killed her friends.

What's interesting to me about Lindsay's character is that she seems to long for that connection with people as much as she tries to distance herself from them. When Mac reached out to her a little in the chocolate episode, Lindsay did not rebuff him like she's done before when others have offered counsel, advice or admonishment.

That is one relationship I've missed seeing developed this season; Lindsay and Mac. They really work well together and they seem to have fun in their scenes.

The other relationship I'd love to see more of is her and Flack. They rarely ever have scenes together, and when they do I really enjoy them.

8. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

^^^ i'd really like to see some Flack and Lindsay scenes as well. i'm thinking that maybe it's hard for Lindsay to go to Flack b/c he's good friends with Danny. whatever i just hope they have some more scenes together soon the one in CP was soo funny and light.

i like what you said that Lindsay seems to long for a connection with people even if she does push herself away a little. maybe she doesn't want to be a burden on whoever she wants to connect with even if she does neet it. Mac just seems like the person everyone goes to b/c not only is he a boss he's a good listener.

i hope a goal for TPTB next season is for them to make Lindsay a better, stronger character and have her grow a bit more away from Danny. they can still by all means throw some D/L scenes in a few eps but they need to lighten their drama and explore the characters more as individuals. they need to do this more for Lindsay than for Danny. when Lindsay works with others on the team, i know i seem to learn a little more about her b/c she acts differently around them than she does with Danny so we get to see more of her personality and how she acts in different situations and around other people.

Lindsay has too much potential she just needs the right writers and right situation to show that. if TPTB can do another scene with Lindsay like in "Dancing With the Fishes" that would be a big step forward in character growth for her.

9. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

Or maybe it's more of a height issue. :lol: Lindsay is the shortest member of the cast. Flack is like two feet (ok, not quite that much) taller than she is. Maybe it's an issue of trying to get them both in the screen at the same time. Of course, if that's the case, she could always just be standing on something -- stools, crates, stairs, that kind of thing.

Now that I think about it, I think a joke about the difference in height would be kind of amusing.

I don't think Lindsay is worried about being a burden. I think that cutting herself off emotionally from people is linked back to the loss of her friends. I also think it goes back to her fear of facing grieving mothers. I get the sense that in order to deal with the pain and to protect herself from further hurt, Lindsay cut herself off.

If you don't get too attached, you can't be hurt. If you push people away, you hurt them before they can hurt you. I can get that. It doesn't make Lindsay a lovable person, but I can understand where she's coming from.

Of course, that's just my opinion on her personality based on what I've seen in the show.

And I do agree; more Lindsay with less Danny would be lovely. I don't know why the writers insist on putting her and Danny on nearly every case together.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

Well their height difference is certainly evident, but we could always have the both of them sitting down or something at a cafe, I'm sure they'd both fit on screen without having to pan out too much :p

I can someone agree that Lindsay might not be so warm to Flack because he's a close friend of Danny, but at the same time, Flack isn't Danny. It's obvious Don and Linds aren't that close, so building up that friendship on screen would be fun to watch.

I personally like watching Danny and Lindsay work cases together because they work together really well. It's when the writers ignore Lindsay's relationships with other people in the lab that annoys me, and when they portray her as "needing" Danny. Like you said, she doesn't need him. He helps, but he isn't the air she breathes.

Well, I agree it doesn't make her the world's most lovable person, but I'm glad the writers do stick to that character. It's a clear sign from her past and what she had to deal with, but it also shows that the writers actually thought about encorporating her past with her character rather than treating the shooting like it never happened.

One thing that I wonder if she's ever thought that the parents of her friends ever wished she had died and their daughter had lived (not that long a stretch), if so, well it'd also kinda explain why she does come across as slightly "selfish" sometimes. Perhaps she has to put herself first because she feels no ones cared about her enough. From her actions up to this point, I get the feeling that she wen't through the shooting pretty much alone, and is used to dealing with things alone, keeping everyone out. Danny probably threw her off balance because he wanted to help, and she's just not used to that kind of attention.

They haven't worked that many cases this season, at least not that I remember anyway. Most of the ones they did were whole team cases so they kinda did have to work together :p The last episode was good, no Danny and Lindsay got to shine without any emotional drama overshadowing the case itself.

Hopefully whichever direction the season goes, we don't get anymore big drama scenes (wishful thinking?) I just want the whole thing resolved and move on. It's been a pain in the backside waiting for episodes to air. Grr.

11. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Actually I'm not sure why so many people think Lindsay would be nothing without Danny. When I started watching the show, I didn't have the feeling. I just liked her, since the beginning. It took me a while until I started shipping, or even seeing them as a possible couple. To me, Lindsay is like all the other characters- a person on her own.

I'd love to see them building up a Flack/Lindsay friendship. Would be nice. But I also love the friendship between Hawkes and Lindsay. It's nice to watch them working together.

12. carolina

carolina Lab Technician

I enjoyed her without Danny actually. I love DL to pieces but I cant stand to look at Danny right now.

that is probably the only good thing we get from the debacle - more exporing of Lindsay as an individual.

I like this and it seems quite probable. and I think it showed in SOOH. she was determined to go through with it and the fact that there was a helping hand gave her the extra push.

thats why I would like to see the depths of her relationships with the rest of the team. she seems to be a closeted geek and I would like to see this side of her explored more in interaction with either Hawkes or Adam. and also some girl power from her and Stella :)

13. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

^Yeah, I wish the writers would spend more time to delve into Lindsay's friendships with the rest of the team. I like the father/daughter-like relationship she has with Mac, as if she's always trying to impress him and that shows through well (as long as they don't over do it).

As for Danny, I want the writers to explore the different sides of their relationship, both at work and when they're not. They have a fun relationship together (well, they used to anyway, so they need to bring that back). She may be in a relationship with him (or w/e the writers decide to do with DL) but he was her friend first. Seeing more of that would be good.

Lindsay and Hawkes like to smile at each other :p Haha, I think they're both quiet and smart people (NeRdY!), and I think they get along together well. Yup more scenes of them together would be lovely (because they both don't get as much screen time as they should anyway). :p

I just want more interaction between Lindsay and everyone. :)

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

Yes, I think that's exactly what I want, too. It's interesting to see her work with the other members of the team. And I'd like to see more of her demonstrations, especially when she's doing them in front of Mac and Stella. I love the look Mac always gives her, and I love her excitement.

15. eveninstarz14

eveninstarz14 Pathologist

Lindsay was absolutely AMAZING in last night's episode! I loved how she blew off Danny in the beginning of the episode...she handled it very well in my opinion. I wish though she got to work a little more with Flack in the episode. I love seeing those two banter about the cases.

She is certainly becoming a stronger person each episode that is for sure!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.