6x19 Rock and a Hard Place - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, May 2, 2008.

1. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

"Rock and a Hard Place" - When Alexx's son becomes a suspect in a murder, saving him has dire consequences, on CSI: MIAMI, Monday, May 5 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Horatio Caine: David Caruso
    Calleigh Duquesne: Emily Procter
    Eric Delko: Adam Rodriguez
    Alexx Woods: Khandi Alexander
    Ryan Wolfe: Jonathan Togo
    Det. Frank Tripp: Rex Linn
    Natalia Boa Vista: Eva La Rue
    Kyle Harmon: Evan Ellingson

RECURRING CAST:
    Maxine Valera: Boti Bliss

GUEST CAST:
    Bryan Woods: Harrison Knight
    Henry Woods: Basil Wallace
    Agent Brad Sylvestri: Jack McGee
    Mary Landis: Katherine Moennig
    Jim Barber: Scott Elrod
    Trey Holt: Toby Hemingway
    Phillip Rockland: Stoney Westmoreland
    Hotel Manager: Sam Younis
    Paramedic: Chad Henderson

WRITTEN BY: Marc Dube
    DIRECTED BY: Gina Lamar RATING: TV14-V

2. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Re: Rock and a Hard Place - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

I actually kinda can't wait to see this episode, and how it's done. I wanna know what's gonna happen.

3. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

Re: Rock and a Hard Place - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

me,too. Poor CSI team taking 'work' home with them (criminal/violent stuff happening 24/7). No doubt Alexx is a mean mama bear protecting her cub in this epi-bring on the drama. Hope they don't chop up scenes after posting spoilers or something-producers have done it before. Wonder if H will process every bit of evidence by hand if need be so the kid don't get railroaded. Here's the test of does he care more for the integrity of his lab or the well being, reputation of his team personally? hope the writers do a good job and can't wait for these next episodes.

4. Miamikiller

Miamikiller Dead on Arrival

youhoooo my first post...

Katherine Moennig the actress from the L word..yeah ...my 2 favourite show..:thumbsup: so anyway..amazing great forum..thanks for all your post,anywhere in the world when i travel i can follow everythings is going on in CSI Miami...

The sky is my limit

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think this will be an interesting ep and if handled right a great swan song for Khandi. While I am sad to see her go, I hope they do her and her character justice when the time comes for her character to leave. I think having her (Alexx) leave on bad terms when she has done nothing but an oustanding job would be horrible and stupid.

But I understand a mother's need to protect her child. I have no doubt that the team will rally around her but from what i have read she doesn't make it easy at one point again b/c she wants to protect her child and those protective instincts probably override her rational mind.

I am looking forward to this ep.

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

New epi, I`m so glad. I can`t wait to read here if it is any good (as always, I will be able to watch it when it`s on internet). I really hope that Alexx gets a great storyline. The writers owe her that much.

7. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I'm sad that this is (most likely) the episode where Alexx leaves, but I'm also so excited to see how they're going to do it. I know it has something to do with her son being a suspect in a murder. I also agree with Marija Magdalena and think the writers do at least owe Khandi a good storyline and lots of screen time this episode, especially if that really is the reason she's leaving the show.

8. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I have the feeling it'll be a good and respectfully written departure. I mean, the way they wrote out Jorja's character was good, and provided the opportunity for return. I would expect nothing less from them writing Khandi out.

9. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah basically the total opposite of what they did to Rory's character back in season 3! It was great for dramatic purposes but the actor said he was willing to come back and do guest spots. Personally, you only kill the character when they want out and never want to return.

I think this ep will really put some conflct on Alexx and she will choose her family over her job...I'm sure H will keep her from getting fired but in the end she will make the decision to leave....at least that is how I hope they handle it.

10. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

So it looks like we'll have to say goodbye to our beloved Alexx in this episode:(

I'm pretty sure they won't kill her off ( they made a mistake once. I don't think it would be useful for them to make it another time:rolleyes:).
    Now I can only hope this will be a very well done goodbye cause both Alexx Woods and Khandi Alexander deserve it.
    The best one would be a team hug with Alexx giving suggestions to everyone cause she's the "mother of the team".

I'm sure I will miss her:(:(

11. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

I'm full of hope that they'll send Khandi out with a bang ana on the CBS site there's a clip with both Emily and David saying wonderful things about Khandi and Alexx. I believe, from that clip, that we see Calleigh actually cry for the very first time. We've seen the tears well in her eyes before. We've seen her fight them, but the clip shows a little more and, to me, it looks like the motherhood of the Lab is handed off from Alexx to Calleigh in this episode. No matter what the slight-of-hand that the producers/clip/ promo producers show us, I have a feeling this is going to be a "keep the tissue box handy" kind of episode. I will keep mine, all cottony soft, by my side as I say a fond and loving farewell to the only forensic pathologist, shy of Quincy, I would feel comfortable to leave my remains in the care of. The loss of Alexx after so many year is the loss of a much loved friend.

12. panther18

panther18 Rookie

I saw the promo picture with Cal in the locker room with Eric and thats the scene where she's crying. Can anyone clear that up for me... so many people told me what happened and some were different from the other.

13. Wyoming

Wyoming Head of the Graveyard Shift

Anyone have that picture of Eric and Cal? I'm curious to see it but too lazy to go look for it! :p

Also, if someone could link me to the promo....:D

14. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Here's the link for that picture:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...ntothewire.jpg

Great picture, right? I think this is going to be one great EC episode. But, that's just my shipper heart talking ;)

panther18, I know that Calleigh is going to cry, but I didn't know that it is going to be in that scene. Where did you find that?

15. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok I'm sorry isn't this the wrong thread for any discussion regarding "Down to the Wire"?:confused:

Anyway all I know is that Calleigh is finally going to cry in this episode while saying goodbye to Alexx and hugging her.

You just stole the words from my mounth;).
    The CBS site's clip was just amazing....although I criead a lot watching it I found it one of the best clips ever of CSI:Miami. What Emily and David said about Khandi and Alexx was so beautiful that if I were Khandi I would be so proud of having worked with them....this is the number one reason I love the show, they're a real family also outside of it.
    I'd love if they really are going to show us this kind of ending with Calleigh crying and hugging Alexx and then our fav. ME leaving the lab (forever??) cause in my opinion this is the best way to say goodbye to such a great character Alexx was and to such a great actress Khandi still is.
    Plus it's finally time to show Calleigh crying (not holding her tears) for a person she always loved in that lab...her "mother" Alexx:(

I'm already here with my tissue box handy:(

Last edited: May 5, 2008