6x19 Rock and a Hard Place - **CONTAINS SPOILERS**

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Wyoming, May 2, 2008.

1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Very emotional, loved the Horatio/Alexx scene :) H actually showed a lot of emotion and I loved how he really tried to help Bryan throughout the whole thing.

Calleigh crying broke my heart, as did everyone's faces cause I saw not only the characters saying goodbye but the real actors. Alexx did great throughout the whole episode and the scene she had with Bryan was just phenomenal.

I too am glad that Eric did what he did with the fingerprint cause he was in a really tough spot. I was holding my breath the whole time thinking "what the heck is he gonna do?"

Eric diving :bolian: :thumbsup: Finally!!!!

Great episode, Alexx will be missed.

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I just watched the tape of the episode because I was driving to work when it aired last night. I am glad that I do not have a web cam so you can't prove that I cried when Alexx left. Aw heck, who am I kidding. Only someone without emotions or suppresses emotions, like a Vulcan, would not have cried. Can I comfort Calleigh? Give her a big hug?

3. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Ok this one to me was an AWESOME episode which made me cry a lot:(!!!!

I'm really glad that it was Alexx's choice to leave the morgue.
    I also loved Horatio during this ending. Plus I was really glad he wasn't the last person to say goodbye to her.
    msjzud as always you just stole the words from my mounth. I just can add that to me it was the best way possible for Alexx to leave. She's such a sweetheart lady and her final dialougue with Horatio just made me start to cry....it was pierceless.

I've alway dreamed to have a mother like Alexx. She has always been my fav. mother on TV. I don't know why but in my opinion she tought the best values to her children also the ones of the lab. An what she did today was coherent to her character and values....be there for her family, and she was there.
    Plus I'm really glad that Bryan was innocent and also pull out the knife from that guy's back although I would have killed that guy:rolleyes:.
    Anyway I wasn't sure they would have shown he's a stand up guy. You could see in his eyes he was scared the whole time....and I'm really proud of him. I knew he would have made the right choice at the end;)

Exactly hiphugger17. The ending with everyone saying goodbye and hugging her was the best part ever. I cryed the whole time since Natalia's hug. I've noticed she was also going to cry and I kinda love it.
    As for Ryan I loved his smile..he really looke like HER grown child:(:(.
    Eric I loved his face in the elevator and how Alexx hugged him.

As for Calleigh I was asking myself if she has been abducted another time in this episode as she didn't appear for more than 20 mintues:eek:. She kind looked the Alexx Woods of the situation.
    Anyway I was really glad to see her in such an awesome moment.
    If I was almost able to hold back the tears during the ending....well let's say I wasn't able:(:(...anyway that hug and Calleigh crying really broke my heart. I couldn't resist anymore:(:(
    I felt for Calleigh...she had to say goodbye to her "mother" in a momnent in her life which let's say is not the best one:rolleyes:.
    Seeing are crying got me thinking it was also Emily Procter crying for her best friend Khandi Alexander.

As for the acting everyone was fantastic especially Khandi, the guy who had to play Bryan, Emily who made Calleigh cry.

To me this is a 10/10 episode. It was superb:thumbsup:

Dynamo Calleigh's is all yours :lol: she need a good hug.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I didn't cry. :p

I don't know, I just find the team really disjointed lately (it was better in this episode) so I didn't feel too horribly bad that someone was leaving. *shrug* Alexx wasn't my favourite, but there will definitely be a big hole when she's gone.

It really was. Although, I have to say, I found Bryan (not the actor) to be a bit er, ignorant through the whole thing. His mother's a coroner for the county, he obviously knows Horatio well enough to recognize it was him in his backyard, yet he acted like he had no idea what was going to happen to him if he didn't talk. He sounded too much like a little child, than a teen.

That's another thing. Wouldn't he know that if he pulled the knife out, the guy would probably bleed to death and he would be in even more trouble? :lol: C'mon. Oh well, I guess he didn't bleed to death and it doesn't matter because I'm still trying to place logic to this show, which is weird, because this episode was a lot more logical than some of the other episodes.

Anyway, sorry for being the killjoy for this episode. :eek:

I really hope that because of Alexx leaving, the team comes together and doesn't fall further apart. That would be even more detrimental to the show. *sigh*

5. adorelo

adorelo CSI Level Two

The episode was great, but it really needs an Alexx centered post-ep writing :)

Khandi was incredible. Remind me why they didn't use her more?

6. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Oops, I'm sorry it won't happen again.

I agree, I cried too at the end when Alexx was saying her goodbyes to everyone. It was sad

7. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

It's obvious that my comment on this episode has to begin with Khandi Alexander's performance. Absolutely wonderful and emotional. I missed
    her all this time they didn't give her so much screen space and in this last episode she made them understand what a huge mistake they have
    done.
    All Alexx being a caring person showed up in this episode. When she said that she wanted to be the last voice that those people heard was like
    she was explaining the reason of her dedication to her job, she does everything for pure love, even leaving at the right moment, that is when she
    understands that she has to take care of the living and that what happened with her son would change her way of living her work forever...
    The final scene was my undoing, I cried like a baby from the moment she talked to Horatio. The way she was smiling while packing was like she
    was saying: this page is over, now let's go write another one. Isn't that what is exactly happening to Khandi? She is starting another page of her
    career and I can't do anything else than wish her all the fortune she deserves for being such a wonderful actress and person.
    So the "marriage" is parting, Horatio and Alexx won't be anymore the team parents. I don't know how the kids will manage to face all the
    difficulties without the caring figure of Alexx waiting for them in the murgue with a loving smile and that look which has always made all the
    troubles go away.
    I think Calleigh will be the most affected, we know how deep their relationship is. We can see it in the final scene, the big tears in Cal's eyes are
    so sincere, there was a lot of Emily in that look...in that wonderful hug. Calleigh is losing the person who is more a mother than her own has ever
    been right in the moment when she needs her the most, after all the kidnapping thing and what is gonna come for her.
    Alexx saying goodbye to Eric as the last one is great, he is the son she has nearly lost when he was shot like she was losing her real son in this
    ep.
    I'm glad they left the "door open" for her. She deserves it, maybe she deserved a lot more space in the show in these last years but it's useless to
    say it now when what's done is done.
    A 10 to this episode. Hoping it is the beginning of a return to the old Csi:Miami....
    Sorry for the huge comment...

8. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Add me to the list of criers. Those last couple of scenes were great.

Khandi's performance was excellent. All throughout the episode, one of the gremlins (no, I am not crazy) in the back of my mind kept bringing up an award nomination/win. Khandi's a talented actress and deserves some recognition.

Oh, and... Come back to New York, Khandi. Broadway misses you.

Oh, midnight_tiptoes... you always bring on the lols. That vid made me spray my water all over the monitor just imagining our loving M.E. doing that.

9. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I didn't read any spoilers for this episode, so I had no idea it was Khandi's last.

Overall, I wasn't all that impressed with this episode.

I completely agree with this. He should have known better. And I can't believe he pulled the knife out.

Also, I must be getting cynical or something, because I kept wondering how Trey know excatly when to drop the slate so that it would hit the guy in the head as he was going under the bridge. He must be very lucky, or a math wiz :rolleyes:

And... Alexx can just quit and leave her job in one day? No warning, no notice, nothing? She's just done? It also seems like a rash decision for her. I think it would have been better for her to quit in the next episode, after she's had time to think it over, maybe discuss it with her husband (speaking of whom, wasn't he actually supposed to be in the episode?).

However, having said all that, I will miss Alexx very much. I've always thought she was a great character, and always wished they'd show more of her. I also think it's great that she talks to the bodies. Really, I do. Creepy? I don't see how, sorry.
    I'm so glad that she left on her own terms, and isn't dead. I hope she returns at some point, even if it's just for an episode or two.

The show won't be the same without her.
    All the best to Khandi.

10. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Maybe the last scenes were two weeks later? :lol: Probably not. I was also thinking, "she had one bad day at work and she quits?" Of course I understand her reasoning but still, it seemed to me that she might have needed more than that to quit. Calleigh was almost killed like 5 times this season and she's still at work. Eric almost died and he's still at work. Horatio's son kidnapped someone, then went to prison, then was kidnapped, then after all that, Horatio still came back to work. Natalia's ex-husband was killed, she was the mole, she had to shoot a guy but she came back to work. I don't know, like I said, I understand why Alexx left but...I don't mean to cheapen the ordeal but felt like there should have been more to it.

Whatever, the last scenes were tremendous anyway.

And yeah, I was under the impression that her husband was to be in the episode as well. Maybe they just listed him because you could hear a 'voice' over the phone.

11. Hcrazy

Hcrazy Lab Technician

You guys already said it all. I have two words...

LOVED IT!!! :thumbsup:

HCrazy

12. nitarichdee@yah

nitarichdee@yah Civilian

Where is Khandi's career taking her? Will she return to the show later?

13. Hrockz

Hrockz Coroner

I just watched the epy.

I thought Eric couldn't dive anymore with the bullet in his brain and all.

Oh and H finally in solid colours, white (or was it cream)! :drool: Yummy! Oh and he was more emotional in this epy, when he was interrogating Bryan I was thinking he had to be thinking of Kyle and understand what Alexx was going through.

I loved the scene with Alexx and her son in lockup.

It was a really good epy all round. I teared up when Alexx told H it was an honour to have worked with him and he said back at you. That last scene with him was really touching. H looked like he was about to cry. And the way she went round hugging everyone goodbye, it was really emo, cos I think the cast are really close so those are real farewells and tears. I think that's what made it so real.

The team lost their "Mom" no doubt about that. Nobody'd be able to replace Alexx.

I really liked how they sent her off, not like in Vegas when Sara left. I think this was a real fitting send off. Good job tptb, and I must say I'm surprised cos the epys are getting better and better.:)

14. Bigdog

Bigdog Dead on Arrival

well compared to all the other people in the show. Alexx is constantly around dead people. She explained her reasoning very clear and it was completely understandable. She was doing that job for years and she wanted to be with the living more then being with the dead. Her son is growing up and she would rather be there with him then spending most of her time with the dead of course. lol

What she had was a thought after some bad happened to someone she loved. Her son almost got sent away and in turn the characters mindset could of been like "I almost lost my son, while all this time I have been spending more time with the dead then the living". really, it's a depressing thought.

Usually this stuff happens to people in real life after so many years of doing something like what Alexx was doing for her job. If something like this would have happened like 2 years from her working that job, she would have probably still been doing her job. But since this is like 7 years of working with dead people and her Son almost going to prison, her mind just locked onto that thought by saying "I need to spend more time with my family". Her life was very lonely on, The character just seemed so lonely when comparing it to the other characters. So basically in Alexx's case, she didn't leave her job because of something bad happening, it was just that, that one bad thing put her mind in the right track pretty much.

I believe it was the timing on how it happened.

I must say though, I thought the episode was very good and very touching at the same time. I was hoping for something just to blow my mind out completely. I was actually starting to think that Alexx would have taken off with her son somewhere else. Personally I wouldn't have held that past her at all. I am glad they didn't have her die. I was really shocked when seeing Speedle die, that just blew my mind out completely but am glad they didn't do a repeat of that with Alexx.

Last edited: May 8, 2008
  15. HoratioStalker

HoratioStalker CSI Level One

I got to see this while I was on the road (high def - oh yeah!) and I think most of you have said it far better than I could. I loved this episode, and the last scene had me tearing up. I kinda wonder if that wasn't acted, but rather was Khandi leaving the set, saying goodbye to various characters, and they just let the cameras roll.