Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Results Now Up!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by BlueCurl, Sep 18, 2007.

1. CSI_Dani

CSI_Dani CSI Level Two

Re: Last Photographer Standing#2-Theme9-Black and White VOTING OPEN!

This is getting so hard to vote for. :eek: I've come to a point where I am about to vote the same picture for both least favorite and favorite. That because I need to pick 3 for least favorite, which I do, but then I feel they should also be in the best pictures :rolleyes: I am so confusing, even to myself. :lol:

Anyway, I decided myself, so here are my votes:
    LPS
    05. It looks a bit blurry, and I find it kind of hard to tell what the shot if of.
    01. I like the idea, but it's a bit too full/busy, and maybe it needed a bit more contrast.
    03. I really like how random the picture is, but I had to pick. I wasn't really sure in what to focus first (kind of like when I try to tidy up my messy desk too, I don't even know where to start :p)

Favourites
    04. Very simple but also very pretty! I think it captured the theme perfectly without having to take a B&W shot.
    02. That's such a cool effect.
    08. Even in B&W, I think it captures the quiet atmosphere.

2. BlueCurl

BlueCurl Pathologist

I'll announce the results tomorrow!

3. wibble

wibble Corpse

Wow, haven't been in here for ages! Is this still going? I thought it had finished ages ago. All the best to the remaining contestants! :)

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Re: Last Photographer Standing#2-Theme9-Black and White VOTING CLOSED!

OK, following discussion with Ducky I've decided to continue the LPS and post a final round. I'm sorry for the delay and would like to thank BlueCurl for all her hard work on this LPS. :)

Firstly, the results of the black and white round:

Eliminated, sadly, but thanks for all your entries and hard work. The pics were great:

#1 - Dizzney
    [​IMG]

#3 - DJRideout
    [​IMG]

Overall winner for the black and white round:

#4 - Amy777
    [​IMG]

Great picture, well done!

I'll post the details of the final round soon! :)

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  5. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Re: Last Photographer Standing#2-Theme9-Black and White Results up!

Last Photographer Standing - FINAL ROUND!

The Final Theme - 'Environment'

• Please feel free to interpret the theme in any way you want
    • Photographs must be 600 x 480 pixels or less
    • Please upload your photo to photobucket or similar and pm the link to me, Elsie
    • This is an anonymous challenge so don't post your pics anywhere until the challenge is over
    • No manipulation with photo editing software is allowed
    • Closing date for entries - Monday May 5th, 8pm GMT+1
    As before, this challenge is for the (3) remaining contestants in the LPS (I currently only know of one person still in it, please can the other remaining contestants from the last round let me know if they are still in it or if they were eliminated), and anyone else who wants to submit a photo. We will run it in the same way as before, this time voting for the winner of the LPS and for the best photographs over all from everyone who enters.

OK, I hope you got all that, any questions please let me know. :)

Thanks.

6. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

First of all, sorry to see you go Dizzney and dstined. Both of your photos were great.

Elsie, I think environment is a great theme :) I can't wait to see the photos.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Thanks! I wasn't sure what the final theme should be, but I figured that 'environment' would be a good one for people to interpret any way they like. :cool:

I could still use more entries though...the deadline is tomorrow evening. ;)

8. BonaTaylor

BonaTaylor Pathologist

Great theme indeed! I am about to enter but can't decide which photo I like best so far... ;) So, expect my entry in any case tonight! :)

And I am sorry to see Dizzney and DJRideout go. You did fantastic guys! And big hands to the winner whoever it is. I loved that pic!! It is gorgeous!!

9. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

No rush, I'm not going to put up voting tonight, so I'll continue to accept entries until this time tomorrow. :)

10. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

Thanks to all that have voted both in one way or another during this challenge. Personally I didn't think I'd make it as far as I did, seeing the amazing talent from all that entered, I figured I wouldn't stand a chance. There were some truly beautiful photos that were taken.

And though I now depart, I want to say thanks again to everyone and I'll be looking forward to seeing what the remaining 3 (I believe) have to offer on this final challenge.

GOOD LUCK!

11. Amy777

Amy777 Rookie

Thank you so much for your kind words BonaTaylor, coming from such a wonderful photographer as yourself it mean a lot. The picture of the piano was mine. Thank you for all who voted for me.

I am sorry to see Dizzney and DJRideout go, You both submitted some wonderful photos in this competition. I hope both of you still submit in this round.

Last edited: May 6, 2008
  12. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Re: Last Photographer Standing #2 - Final Round info now up!

Final Round Voting - 'Environment'

OK, as this is the final round of the LPS, and there are only three of the original participants left, it doesn't really make sense for you to vote for your least favourite photograph. So, for this final round please vote for the 3 LPS photographs in order of which one you like best, so top of the list is your favourite and third on your list is your least favourite... And it would be great if you could give some sort of positive remarks or constructive criticism to explain your choices. The theme was open to interpretation, so please don't use 'it doesn't fit the theme' as a reason for not liking a photograph, participants have put a lot of time and effort into this so please respect that. Also, we have non-LPS participants, so after your LPS vote please vote again for your favourite 3 photographs from all 6 of the entries. Thanks everyone for your entries!

Vote like this (well add some comments, you know what I mean):

LPS:
    99 - Great composition, lovely colours
    86 - Very creative
    84 - Good composition, but a bit blurred

All:

If you have any questions, or anything is unclear please let me know! :D Voting will end at around this time on Saturday May 10th.

LPS entries (vote in order of preference):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Non LPS entries:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2008
  13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

LPS:
    02: I'm really impressed with the colours in this one. Dark around the outside, and bright in the middle, but not too dark or bright anywhere. And no reflections or glares anywhere. Great work!
    01: This captures the feeling of the environment so well. I feel like I can step right into it. Also, absolutely gorgeous!
    03: This is a great picture! But I'm not quite sure what the main focus should be.

Overall:

(and yes, I realize that 1 and 2 are switched around ;))

Fantastic pictures everyone!

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

LPS:
    3 - I like that instead of doing a nature shot, you choose to do something inside.
    1 - The brightness really compliments the dark and pops nicely.
    2 - The fish(?) works nicely to help move the eyes around the photo.

Overall:

15. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

02 Love the colours, composition.... Short version: Picture perfect :)
    01 A little dark, but amazing composition. Love the way the sun reflects on the water with the rocks sticking out.
    03 Also great picture. The colours are very interesting, but it's a little blurry for my taste.

All: