Danny/Flack #6 - Bottom Line: Flack Wants Danny

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by kinkapoodles, Sep 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

^Welcome, dreamlessoften! :D It's great to have you here--glad you decided to de-lurk and join us! :D And yay for this thread being so active! :D

I kinda feel bad for both Lindsay and Flack--I think they're in the same boat when it comes to having unrequited feelings for Danny. If Lindsay weren't so selfish, I'd feel worse for her, because at least Danny lets Flack in, confides in him and trusts him.

Any way you read it--romantic, fraternal, friendship--what Flack did for Danny in "All in the Family" was an act of love. And at the end, when Danny was a little brat to him, Flack could have thrown up his hands in frustration and said, "You know what, fix your own mess next time." But he didn't. He looked Danny straight in the eye and said, "You're my friend. Makes it my business." I have a feeling he probably wanted to say more--like maybe the L-word--but he held back. And Danny just kind of digested the information.

I kind of wonder if Danny has picked up on Flack's desire for him and offered him sex after one of the many times Flack's been there for him. I could see that happening. And I think Flack would take him up on it.

Agreed. I think Danny knows he can let his guard down with Flack, and I also think Danny knows just how susceptible Flack is to those big eyes of his. Danny has probably realized Flack will do anything for him. It's just a question of whether or not he's figured out why. But for now, I also think Flack's feelings are mostly unrequited. I'm not sure Danny's in a place where he can love anyone back right now.

Exactly. If Danny opens up to Flack like that, if he trusts Flack like that and then Flack hurts him? Danny would probably just be crushed. Flack is the person who is always there for him, and if Danny didn't have Flack, he'd probably feel pretty darn bereft.

And that's what Danny doesn't get--Flack never would give up on him. Flack loves Danny--not just the fact that he's sexy and alluring or that he has a coy, flirty personality, but loves Danny, the guy who walks around with his heart on his sleeve, the guy who messes up trying to do the right thing, the guy who cares a little too much. Hell, Flack even loves Danny's dumb jokes. Flack loves Danny. Danny just needs to get that.

Sammy! Great to see you here. :D And yes, ugh, no amalgamation of names here...though I do hear Flack is rather fond of Danny's fanny. ;) :devil:

Flack is totally patient, and I think to him waiting for Danny is okay. Flack clearly doesn't want for company :lol: and if it takes Danny a little while to come around, well, Flack sure does seem confident that he will eventually do so.

I think that's the big difference between Lindsay and Flack: Lindsay cares about what Danny can do for her, and Flack cares about Danny himself.

Exactly, because even if Danny felt the same--and it doesn't seem like he does where Lindsay is concerned--more guilt is the last thing he needs at the moment. And Flack would never do that to him--he genuinely loves Danny too much to try to make what he feels for Danny something Danny should feel bad or guilty about.

Oh, Flack has no self control around food, but he has even less around Danny. I think if you gave Flack the choice between the perfect hot dog and naked Danny, he'd choose Danny, but oh, what a hard choice! :lol:

Exactly. If Danny was hurting himself or doing something to endanger himself--like he did in 413--Flack would be there in a heartbeat, and he wouldn't let that happen. But if Danny chooses to do something to ease his guilt that isn't harmful or self-destructive, Flack is going to respect that. Flack respects and loves Danny enough to accept that Danny has free will, and the right to act as he chooses, to confide in who he chooses, to seek solace with who he chooses.

I think Flack would want to at least feel like he's got a shot. The guy might be a romantic, but he's not a masochist. He's not going to want to go to Danny just to get shot down.

Danny's The One as far as Flack's concerned. And Flack's a patient man--he knows that sooner or later, he's going to get Danny to come around. :D

2. dreamlessoften

dreamlessoften Victim

I was just making some stuff and thought I'd share it here.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Top41

Those are all fantastic, but I think this one is my favorite! :D Isn't that true...Flack does always chase after Danny--I think he'd follow Danny to the ends of the earth to keep him safe. And one day Flack is going to reap the rewards of that devotion. :D

I love that cap you used for the pic, too. The look Flack gets in his eyes when he gazes at Danny...it just gives me shivers it's so damn romantic! :D

4. dreamlessoften

dreamlessoften Victim

That's the exact reason I used that cap. The looks he gives Danny are amazing.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Aww, I love that one too. That scene was begging for man-hugs. There isn't enough man-hugging on this show. :(

:p

Hmm, I dunno. I think it would depend on how and why Danny offered to give it up. If Danny was doing it because he thought it was the only way to keep Don around, I think Don would pick up on it and keep his distance. The last thing he wants to do is be one of those people that uses Danny. I can kind of see Danny getting to a low point where he just feels like he's got nothing left, and if he and Don got into an argument...I could see Danny getting desperate and trying to use his body to keep Don around. :(

God, that would be angsty. Don't let me write the bunny that prompted that^^ paragraph. :(

ETA: Since we're on the last page of the thread, I guess we should consider the name for the next one (wow, this one went quicker than #5). The idea I was talking about with someone (Kimmy or Rhonda, was it one of y'all?) the other day was this:
    Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business
    Do y'all have any other ideas?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  6. MichelleK

MichelleK Pathologist

I was wondering as we have figured how Danny is always testing Flack and this situation is no different. I was just wondering how far do you think he can carry on pushing him. I mean Flack loves Danny we all know that but there has got to be a point where he snaps.
    I just wonder what do you think will push him to the edge.

7. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Danny/Flack #7: Flack Makes It His Business

That one is good. I like all of those dreamlessoften but the first one is definitely a favourite :D

Like someone said, it is sad to see only Flack being there for Danny. If Danny could help Flack only one time it will be cherished forever, although the fact that Danny's mind is not on this planet it's less likely that it will happen. Maybe we'll get something in the finale *dreams* The current situation is more realistic IMO. It's just like in real life when one friend takes care of the other.

8. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Regarding the new name for the thread am I am happy to go with what everybody else wants... but if you are looking for ideas i'll throw in the only one I could think off, a little random I admit but hey, just puttin' it out there...

Danny/Flack #7: I got teeth

Don't ask me why... please. It just popped into my head. :confused: It's just that jealous Danny maks me laugh.

Like the Fay idea, sort of sums them up!:D

9. Top41

I could easily see that happening, and while I don't think Flack would want to be in a situation where his actions could be interpreted as using or taking advantage of Danny, the man is only human, and it's been pretty clear from day one that he wants Danny. Like MichelleK says above, there's got to be a point where he'd snap. I don't ever see Flack giving up on Danny--if Danny's actions in 413 didn't push him away, I don't think anything will--but I'm not sure Flack could resist Danny offering him the one thing he's always wanted, even if he wasn't sure whether Danny was doing it because he reciprocated Flack's feelings or as an attempt to get Flack not to leave him or show his gratitude or something like that. Flack is a good man and truly loves Danny, but not taking Danny if Danny's offering would require superhuman strength.

Write it! :devil: [/bad influence]

[/b]

I love it! It's perfect, and from the shippiest D/F episode yet. :D I say, Yea!

Honestly, I think if Flack was going to give up on Danny, it would have happened in that moment in 413 when Danny told him he should have minded his own business. Flack could have thrown up his hands and said something like, "You know what, Danny? I chased you all around Manhattan today not for my own good but to make sure you didn't do something stupid that would have cost you your badge or more. Give me a call when you decide to start thinking like a rational human being again." Or something like that.

To be honest, that pissy little comment of Danny's would have set me off. It certainly would have set Lindsay off. I bet it even would have set Mac off. But not Flack. The man knows Danny so intimately that he knew Danny was speaking from a place of hurt and not ingratitude. And what he said back to Danny...well, he might as well have said, "I love you" because that was the underlying idea behind his response.

Like I said, I think if Danny came on to Flack, Flack would take him up on it even if he thought Danny was doing it just to keep him around. But giving up on Danny? No, I don't think he'd ever do that.

I think it definitely speaks to the unrequited spin the relationship seems to have right now. Though to be fair, Danny is a little damsel in distress and Flack, well, he's a tough guy. Flack's been in a bad situation once--the bombing--but he doesn't get into the same sort of "Help me Obi Wan-Kenobi, you're my only hope" situations that Danny does. :lol: And he's not emotionally fragile in the way Danny is. Flack is definitely the strong one in their relationship.

10. Sammy11

Sammy11 Police Officer

Totally agree as we know this, it's always shown as such, but I would just love to see, one just one episode (scene even) where Don has to lean on Danny for support... we've seen him sort of turn to Hawkes and Mac (in Snow day after shooting that guy), but I just know there is more to Flack than meets the eye.

What's bubbling under that cool, calm exterior of his.

We know that he doesn't get on - or it was implied that he didn't get on with - with his father or brother/s. I guess he probably has that in common with Danny (although we have no idea about Louie. STILL!). His near death experience. Maybe there is some residual misplaced guilt over the huge drugs bust that ended up putting his friends and unrequited crush in danger (guess we'll never know...).

Don't get me wrong I agree (how could I not) that Danny is less emotionally stable than Flack, but I can't quite think that Don is just as screwed up and shot to pieces as Danny.

I would (as I know we all would from past conversations on here) love an episode where Danny has to be there for Don... I know we had the pool game and so on with them lending support to each other, but it was still a little Flack boosting Danny...

Come on TPTB, give us something!!

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  11. Top41

I wonder, though, if he purposefully doesn't confide in Danny because he thinks of Danny as someone he has to protect and be there for, and not vice versa. Hawkes and Mac are both tough guys who Flack sees as his equals. Whereas Danny is the fragile screw-up he's always rushing around to protect or console.

I don't think Flack is screwed up--I think he's got a pretty good head on his shoulders and he's able to compartmentalize things. Like when he had to shoot the gang member in "Snow Day"--he definitely had an issue with it, he expressed that to Hawkes and then he moved on. I think Flack's a realist. He gets that life is what it is and you can't dwell on what you can't change. In a lot of ways, Flack is wiser than his years.

I think it would be nice to see Flack confiding in Danny, or even Danny trying to get Flack to confide in him. Like I said, I wonder if Flack thinks that maybe Danny isn't strong enough to shoulder anyone else's problems, but it would be nice to see Danny put himself out there like that, and for Flack to try confiding in him. I think Danny is sweet and he would listen and be there for Flack, but Flack definitely has to give him that chance as well.

12. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

Whoa, hey, fourteen more posts and we're onto a new thread! :D

Me likes that one. :devil: Suddenly I feel like Photoshopping Flack wearing a t-shirt displaying that picture of nekkied Danny in flipflops and a towel and the slogan, "Flack makes Danny his business," underneath the whole image. :lol: :devil: :devil: :devil:

In the season two finale, I think the lack of Danny support can be attributed to Danny not really being able to do anything for Flack most of the time anyway. The first time Danny sees Flack after the explosion is when the poor guy is already out for the count with his belly blown apart and Mac taking care of things. The only time we actually saw him handle something connected to Flack, so to speak, was when he was studying the broken pieces of the mobile phone that had been stuck in Flack's guts. Ouch.

(Can you imagine what Danny was thinking while he was doing that? Knowing the very pieces he was staring at had been inside Flack's intestines and such? Yikes!)

And at the end of the episode, Mac stayed with Flack. I guess it would have been kinda awkward if Danny had insisted on staying too. Thanks to episode 4x17, we know how unwise it is to admit involvement with co-workers to the boss, hm? ;)

Should there be a situation in the future where Flack is in trouble and Danny can do something about it, he'll definitely drop everything to help, emotionally screwed up or not. Episode 4x13 was proof he'd do that for someone he cares about.

Amen. :D And best of all, Danny knew it, if the way he bowed his head and bit his lip was anything to go by.

Could be just the perv in me talking but I can see Flack being one hell of a freak in bed. :devil: :devil: :devil: However, his character being the way it is, he's not the type who sleeps around and has meaningless sex. I think he requires at least some sort of connection first.

With Danny ... oh man, he not only has a close relationship that has survived through thick and thin, he has history with him. Because they've been portrayed to be close from the pilot episode, anything goes for how long they've known each other, as long as it's believable. For Flack to become so enamored and protective of Danny, I'm guessing it's way longer than just four or five years.

Hmmm, episode 4x16 and 17 made me wonder about this particular aspect of D/F. So far, it seems Danny is not fond of dealing with other people's emotional baggage. I dunno if that's the right phrasing for it. He already has so much of his own to handle, and for someone to chuck even more on him, baggage that's not even his own ... yeah, I can see why he'd never want to get into any long-term relationship or love, as he told Mac in season one. In his mind, he probably equates love with trouble and heartache and disappointment, and that love is just a joke and nobody really cares about him.

So Flack, our dear homicide detective, must be one hell of an anomaly in Danny's equation. :lol: Flack has yet to ever disappoint him, to ever hurt him, to ever abandon him, period. It's just a matter of time for Danny to realize what a treasure he has in Flack, really. :D

13. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

In Charge of this Post, I liked how concerned was Danny while he was looking for survivors. The faces he was making in front of that monitor were priceless, and sometimes I only watch those scenes. Carmine does it really well. Although Danny should be ashamed of himslef, and he shouldn't stand looking at himself in the mirror, for not staying at the hospital with Flack. Flack would have pinned himeslf to the hospital room if it was necessary, but Danny went to give Lindsay a ride (that was a pathetic plot device for D/L and it was a really bad move from the writers).

The man can't handle his own emotions, let alone others'. Danny would be a poor advice giver :D

Yes, I liked that aspect in Blink, because their relationship was established in a few seconds, and they did have a really good chemistry (which they still do). Flack should teach Danny not to be a whiny brat anymore, and be tougher. :D

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  14. Kimmychu

Kimmychu Coroner

You mean this one?

[​IMG]

Just his eyes say so much, ya know? You can even see how they're glistening. His face when the computer monitor showed a person's hand in the rubble was just as poignant.

A really bad move in that it made Danny look like an awful friend? Yep, I agree there. The sad part is that even now, Danny has yet to actually give anything back in their relationship. Good thing Flack's such a stable and steady guy, huh?

Exactly. Time and again, we've seen Danny losing it and then regretting it and perhaps apologizing for it. Not an easy person to be in a relationship with, unless the other person's strong enough to handle the mood swings, the apprehension and paranoia that's living in Danny's head.

Ya know, like this guy:

[​IMG]

:lol: Yes, Flack, we know how happy you are whenever Danny flashes you that bubblebutt of his.

15. Top41

LOL, I love it! Danny is Flack's business, no doubt about it. Danny is Flack's, period. :D

I think Flack's a total perv, too, especially when it comes to Danny. I can't see Flack getting too freaky with women, but for some reason, I can see him totally going at it with Danny and just really exploring everything he's turned on by. Because we know how much Danny turns him on. :devil:

Yep, the boys have a history that's for sure! Flack's pretty much a goner, and I'm guessing that's evolved over a few years. It makes me wonder about how they first met...I bet it was love at first sight for Flack. :D

I think Danny is okay dealing with other people's emotional baggage--I think he may have just had enough from Lindsay. He was supportive and patient with her last season, and now when he needs the same support, she's nowhere to be found, save for criticizing him. I think Danny cares about people very deeply, but he doesn't expect they will care for him in return...save for Flack. Flack is the only one Danny calls to be with him, to be there for him. I think Flack is the only person Danny really trusts.

Exactly. Danny has let Flack in, but I think he's always testing Flack, waiting for the guy to disappoint him or hurt him. And Flack never does, so yeah, he's an anomaly because I think Danny is used to being hurt or mistreated by people, and Flack's never done that to him, not once.

I think after Aiden's death and what happened to his brother, Danny was probably at the breaking point. He needed to get away. I still think he came back and curled up in the hospital bed next to Flack after Mac left. ;)

Yeah, that was a great moment...the look on Danny's face says it all. He's very worried about the guy he knows is just crazy about him.

Let's hope Danny puts out and so at least Flack is getting a little somethin' somethin' for all his efforts, you know? ;)

Yep, Flack's the only person who has stood by Danny's side without getting fed up with him or just giving up on him. Time and time again, we've seen how Flack goes out of his way for Danny, no matter how Danny reacts. That's love.

I think Flack has earned himself an all access pass to that sexy little bubblebutt. ;) :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.