CSI: NY Season 4 Spoilers! Discussion in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Personally, from the spoilers I have seen, I consider it a date. I don't think that the spoilers suggest any tension between them, rather it seems fun and light to me (although it's hard to know how it will play out on screen and things could have been changed). There seems to be a case related to the basketball game, but they were at the game together irrespective of that.

These spoilers lead me believe that it is Danny and Lindsay that will be starting a fresh, presumably together, rather than Danny and Rikki. Although they could just be friends of course, but I'm still thinking that what happened with Danny/Rikki is the 'bump' mentioned at the beginning of the season, rather than it being the end of D/L. eta: Good point 1CSIMFan about 420, I had forgotten about the 'Montana' spoiler. It is very possible that the basketball game is simply Danny's way of saying sorry. But I find that 'Montana' spoiler a bit odd, simply because I still find it very strange that it is Hawkes calling her it, which is just weird. :lol:

Also, I have a suggestion. If people want to talk about Rikki, in a way that isn't necessarily spoiler related, then I'm sure it would be OK to open a 'Rikki' thread. :)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  2. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I thought that was odd too but maybe (like the mysteriously disappearing pool table) it's TPTBs way of further hinting DL is over.

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I hope that Hawkes isn't the consolation prize for Lindsay's losing Danny because Hawkes/Lindsay is SciFi if you ask me.

Given the spoilers and my personal interpretation of them I think that Danny is trying to apologize in his own way for acting like Lindsay told him he did, although he was very surprised at the end of the Monologue of Doom. Maybe they will end D/L in the same way they have started it: slow and painful.

ETA:
    I smell a "Why Rikki Must Go" thread coming our way..

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think there are very few ways the D/L ship could sail off into the sunset this season without making either one of them look ridiculous, but that's just me. 'Oh yeah, Lindsay, I slept with Rikki, but I'm in love with you! Yay!' Or maybe, 'Hey, Danny, it's okay that you hurt me and you slept with Rikki. Despite saying I need to get over you, I'm a-ok with jumping right into a relationship.'

I really hope they do it better than that if they do it at all. :rolleyes:

Anyway, back to something that actually interests me.

I think it's possible that we will get to see a bit of cop/journalist conflict, miss_blue, but I'm not 100% sure--I guess we'll know after the episodes start to air and we get to see Reed. :D

Maybe he gets a bit too overambitious about finding answers and winds up on the killer's radar and that's why he's in trouble...

5. dutch_treat

dutch_treat CSI Level Two

I assume with 'they' you mean all D/L shippers; well, I cannot speak for everyone, but I know that a lot blame Danny more for what happened than Rikki and are convinced that even when Rikki is gone D/L will not continue, some don't even want it to continue...

And this discussion is suitable for this thread for two reasons: 1) Rikki is still an influence on at least two main characters in the coming eps and 2) we never did hear what happened after she was brought in and the fact that she now is sleeping/has slept with the cop whose gun she stole, could become a problem for Danny.

6. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Good point there. It would be great if we actually see them going on that conflict road. We have seen them following all the roads and this one would be really great because if Mac being in the middle of it. If that conflict goes on in the episode it would be awesome because Mac is the leader of the team. I would like to see him trying to temper Reed, or seeing Reed taking advantage of his relationship with Mac to get the scoop. All in all I can't wait to see the episode. As I have said before there are great episodes emerging at the horizon and basically I can't wait to see them. And I also love the discussions and the theories that flow from the spoilers.

ETA:
    Great. Then please explain me why out of the blue this sudden interest in what happened with Rikki after All in the Family giving the fact that 2 moths passed since then. Explain because there is only one reason I see in this discussion and I would love to know why now besides the obvious reason that owlki mentioned.

7. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

I wondered what unfolded about this very incident. It is all a part of the show, and it is something that would be a Red Flag. My sis is a C(itizen) O(n) P(atrol), as we sometimes call her. COP if you don't get that BTW, anyhow....I was thinking that it was a felony for a person to obtain a weapon (unlawfully) that belongs to a Popo or to the city/county. To my understanding the department would press charges if the actual person does not. This being b/c it is a department issued weapon and was/could be used in a possible crime/homocide. But, of course it does depend on the persons involved. If Flack hadn't been involved and it was Danny, I am just about certain that he would be repremanded if not other actions taken.

Before you go gettin crazy on me, I do know this is not real life and is a show....but, still, if they are gonna atleast be true to life, to a point, shouldn't she atleast be on parole. I mean, that is a MAJOR no, no and she was going to use it to inflict harm upon another human being. Granted, yes, Danny did stop her, still it would be an intent to inflict harm or kill.

So, any ideas? Does anyone know if the law is different in other areas within the U.S.?

8. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

It is strange that the Red Flag popped up now, for me at least. And I still like to find out why now from the D/L fans since you brought it up. She was not convicted because of Flack and his connections in the NYPD. She was not convicted because Danny felt gulity for her stealing the gun too. Flack smelled that and helped Danny, because he knew that Danny could not forgive himself if she would have been convicted.

9. messygirl73

messygirl73 Witness

Naw, see, I have been wondering this since she did it. And then, well then the laps of time. But, I don't get that. And you know it kinda peeves me alittle, b/c it could give criminals, or anyone with a bad intintion in them, to obtain a cops gun and just take out revenge.

I don't know, to me it just wasn't handled properly. I feel for Rikki, I do. I don't know what my frame of mind would be if I lost one of my kids....but, there needs to be a follow up.

And you are right about Flack. Seems like he would have been more agressive about it because of the chance of the guy coming back and trying to hurt the PD with a lawsuit.

Oh well! Guess we will never know.

10. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I have opened a new thread for this subject and everything you might want to complain about other characters. Let's leave the spoiler thread for discussions only about the spoilers. Here is the link to it http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=56273

11. dutch_treat

Well, that's really simple, because NOW Rikki is back and it would've been nice to know what happened to her in those two months since AitF and RND - and the current situation between her and Danny should raise some questions when it gets out...

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

It hasn't been two months. "Down the Rabbit Hole" was six weeks before "DOA for a Day"--that means that episodes 6-15 all took place in six weeks. We're talking less than a week between episodes if they're all evenly spaced. So the events of "Child's Play" probably took place about a month ago, and "All in the Family" mere weeks.

I'm sure, in the writers' minds, having Flack say she'd be walked through the process and wouldn't end up spending the night in jail was the end of it. Flack took care of things, more for Danny than for Rikki, and that's that. I doubt we'll get a Sudden Trial Date or anything.

This is CSI:NY, where people can investigate the arson of their own apartment building, investigate a murderer from their own past, work with an out-of-town detective on a case where they're the only suspect, shoot an undercover cop with little fallout, have connections to the suicide of a wanted serial killer and get out by essentially blackmailing the higher-ups, blow up the lab with few repercussions--suddenly we expect completely realistic consequences for actions? *snort*

13. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I was talking about the air time, not the actual time in the episodes. The time that has passed between the air of All in the Family and Right Next Door that enabled or not the fans to consider Rikki's actions. It may not be two months between the air dates, I was only approximating.

ETA: All in the Family aired on 23rd of January and Right Next Door aired on 9th of April.

14. dutch_treat

*shrugs* Yeah, you're right :(...and don't forget the magical healing powers of those NYC cops and CSI's - But with all the already unanswered questions and the return of a character it would've been nice and much more interesting to know what else has happened to her since CP, besides sleeping with her neighbor...:rolleyes:

15. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I agree that it's not strange that the question would be coming up now. It still annoys me that we never learned what happened to the woman who actually shot Ruben. I know, I gotta let it go. :lol: But we do know that Rikki was arrested and booked and arraigned for something. I don't know enough about the law to know the minimum penalty for taking an officer's gun, or if whether the person fired it or not, or the person's mental state when they took it would factor into the penalty.

I would think, and I could be dead wrong, as far as an attempted murder charge her mental state and lack of a prior record would be taken into account. This isn't comparable to what Rikki did, but you see people in the news all the time who have been convicted multiple times of driving drunk, and even killing people while driving drunk; and they've served very little - IMO anyway - jail time and they're still out there driving drunk, injuring/killing people and getting caught. Based on that, it wouldn't shock me that Rikki wouldn't serve any jail time for what she did, especially given the circumstances.

As far as Flack's role, my understanding was that he was going to make sure she was walked through the booking and arraignment process and that she would be released either on bail or her own recognizance and that's what he meant by she wouldn't have jail time. Again, that's just me speculating.

It would be interesting if there would end up being ramifications for Danny if people learn what happened/is happening between him and Rikki. Danny's a magnet for trouble and his judgment isn't exactly the greatest. Depending on what Rikki was charged with and the punishment she received, his relationship (whatever it is/was/will be) with her could come back to bite him.

ETA: I agree with Fay, too. Although it may be intriguing to speculate about this, TPTB gets the main characters out of trouble very easily; putting a lot of effort into explaining the outcome for a character who, as far as we know now, is only going to be in 3 episodes wouldn't make sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.