Discussions and controversy over CSI:NY characters

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by miss_blue, Apr 13, 2008.

1. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I have decided to open this thread because there has been some discussion stirred up in the Spoiler Thread that in my opinion does not belong there. Basically now is about Rikki, but if you have any unsolved issues or complaints about characters in NY feel free to post.

The talk that is going on at this moment is the fact that Rikki wasn't convicted for stealing Danny's gun. I wanted to know why now from all the moments. Feel free to post and happy debating! :D

2. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Well, actually, I haven't been on Talk doing much discussion in the last two months, or whatever it's been since Rikki stole the gun. I don't know all the legal ramifications, per se, but as this is NY, we probably won't see follow up. And it has nothing to do with me being a D/L shipper, it's something I've always questioned. But, since it's a tv show, things like this get swept under the rug, never to be brought up again. Liff brought the question up, everyone started to discuss it. Since I hadn't been here much, it doesn't bother me that it's brought up now. Everything from the past gets dragged up all the time, two months isn't a huge amount of time to question things that have happened in the episodes, considering it was only 3 episodes ago.

3. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It's an interesting question. I wonder though, if Danny doesn't press charges--and we know he wouldn't--wouldn't the charge be dropped? After all, if you steal something from someone and they don't want to prosecute it/pursue it, I'd guess that would be that.

As for her brandishing the gun at Ollie, I would guess the same: if he didn't press charges, there wouldn't be any major ramifications. And I'd imagine the police would lean on Ollie to get him not to press charges.