CSI: NY Season 4 Spoilers! Discussion in the Big Apple

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flail_Master

Flail_Master Victim

Reed is taken hostage? Maybe personal?

Can't wait to it.

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Oooh, I hope we get that too! I really like seeing Mac's interaction with Reed last season, he was all kind of soft and sweet and awkward. I loved that hug at the end of Some Buried Bones. And I always like seeing Marine!Mac whoop some bad guy ass.:drool::devil: Mac is going to be seriously on the warpath - he couldn't save Claire, so he's gonna do everything he can to save her son.
    I wonder how the rest of the team will react to Reed's kidnapping and maybe finding out that Reed is Claire's son. We don't know whether Stella is the only one who knows, or whether she told Danny and the others.
    Really looking forward to 420 now, and am glad it's not one of the team who's taken hostage - we had that in SD and in Thing About Heroes.

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I don't want Reed in danger :( I kind of imagined him coming back as a journalist who is trying to get many details out of the CSIs about the Cab Killer and a little conflict would emerge, the kind that the police force always has with the press. I agree that it would be more exciting if he was in danger, and we would get a lot of Drama!Mac in return (which is good), but I like to know him safe and sound. Can't wait for the episode to come out :D I smell a very good one coming our way (Since the strike ended we've had pretty good ones, right? :D I hope they keep up the good work)

Wishful thinking: Now if we got Reed back, is there any little place for the dude that was left on a hospital bed in a coma?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  4. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

This might come across as slightly bitter, but how come Rikki didn't get any punishment from a) stealing a loaded gun from a cop and b) premeditated attempted murder?

I just thought it was weird...since both happen to be illegal, you know? Or is this yet another big gaping plothole.

Unless Rikki is waiting trial that is, otherwise it makes no sense.

5. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Flack had it all covered by pulling some strings in 4x13. The last time I checked attempted murder is only when you actually shoot the person, but that person lives to see another day. Rikki never fired Danny's weapon. Flack and Danny took care of her in All in the Family when she was "walked through the system". Her fingerprints probably wound up in AFIS, but this doesn't really matter. Wouldn't you be pissed off at the guy who is 50% guilty of killing your 10 year old son? I'll stop here since I think that this is a subject that belongs to another thread. (which one I do not know :guffaw:)

6. catey1234

catey1234 Pathologist

Actually, even though Flack apparently walked her through the system, legally she could be found guilty of attempted murder. She had a weapon and intention. She had the gun pointed. Actual shooting is not required for it to be considered attempter murder. It requires evidence though, and seriously, it might be considered attempted greivious bodily harm instead. Either way, she committed a crime. But then, the show probably won't follow through on it, anyway.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I've not seen any spoilers suggesting that Rikki will be further punished for taking a gun and threatening someone with it. To be honest, I'm not sure that storyline needs to be continued, would they show her in court so we can see if a jury will convict a grieving mother for making that mistake? I personally don't think so. It would seem a little harsh to me. I think they may have finished that storyline with her going to the precinct and being 'walked through the system'. Time will tell I suppose.

Reed being in danger is an interesting spoiler for 420, I'm wondering if this will continue into the finale? I just really hope they don't kill him off.

8. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Attempted murder is not when you have a gun and intent, it's when the person lives in the end. Think about Ollie, the guy that Rikki threatened. He had a gun, and intent. But he wasn't charged with attempted murder but with armed robbery and got out easy. The one who could actually could get accused and with evidence also is Danny for actually punching the guy a few times. Luckily there is Flack to save them both ;)

I hope that Reed won't be killed off too. It will be a big shame. Or have him in a coma. No! Keep Reed safe and sound. Another thing that i like about Reed coming back is that Mac will be torned up a bit about Claire. The serial killer got me thinking and imagining a cross-over with Criminal Minds. That'll be really cool :D

9. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Although Rikki did technically commit a crime, the DA probably wouldn't go ahead with the prosecution as it's unliklly that a jury would convict her given the circumstances. They only go ahead and procescute when they really believe they will get a conviction.

Can't wait to see what happen with Reed.

10. Gaelen

Gaelen Coroner

So grieving mothers get away with attempted murder? Cool. [/sarcasm]

Heh, well I wouldn't have expected anything less 'gaping-hole-like' from TPTB anyway. Supposedly they were trying to make it more 'realistic' and yet she gets off without even a tap on the back of the hand. Real smooth move...

I don't see how it's harsh. She stole a gun. She tried to kill someone. Logically you 'd think she'd be punished She doesn't even get a psych eval, nooo...

11. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

It wasn't showed on screen so we don't really know what happened with Rikki, whether she got a psych evaluation or not we have no idea really. This grieving mother got away because of Danny's guilt. Whether she held him responsible or not he felt like he was the one to blame.

I have a question for you: Why bring up right now the problem with Rikki's stealing the gun? A lot of time has passed between the 13th episode and now. And I really think that this discussion is not suitable for this thread.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Geez...desperate to get rid of Rikki are we? :rolleyes:

First off, how do we know that Danny and Flack reported the gun stolen? Flack said if they didn't find her, then they'd turn it in. Well, they found her and Flack said that incident had to be reported so who knows if they'll even bring up where she got the gun.

Second, attempted murder?? Who said she was going to kill Ollie? You're assuming she was going to kill him. Just because she pointed a gun at him and said she wanted Ruben back, it doesn't mean she planned on killing him. Quite the opposite I would think. If it was me and I thought he was responsible for my son's death and I wanted him dead, I certainly wouldn't have stood there and just pointed the gun at him. I would have shot his ass long before Danny and Don got there to stop me.

ETA: Attempted murder means that she tried to kill Ollie (ie. shot him but didn't fatally wound him or shot at him and missed). So, she wouldn't be charged with that anyway. Also, we don't even know if the safety was still off on the gun or not. There's lots of ifs but she'd never be charged with attempted murder.

Flack said that Rikki wouldn't serve any jail time. He told Danny that. Flack made sure her booking would be quick and easy just to ease Danny's mind.

People under emotional distress get leniency all the time for crimes committed/attempted every day, so it's possible they could use that in her defense. It wouldn't be surprising at all but that still doesn't mean she was going to kill him.

ETA: I don't believe it was premeditated. To be premeditated she would have had to think it all out and plot it out. Yes, she found out Ollie had gotten out on bail (not sure how though, maybe she saw it on Danny's laptop when she took that memorial pamphlet to him) but it looked like she just happened to see his gun out and grabbed it at the last minute. I doubt she knew Danny's gun would be sitting out and available unless she spent massive amounts of time at his place, which she obviously didn't after watching episode 16. It would be difficult to prove premeditated murder.

13. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Thank you! I was trying to say that but my brain wasn't cooperating :lol:

Back on topic. I was thinking about the D/L stuff that are going to happen in the next episodes. I have heard that Lindsay is going to find out about Rikki in 417 or 418, but in 419 they go on a date to a basketball game. Question: is the ball game a date or it's case related? Because I have heard both and I am kind of confused :confused:

14. owlki

owlki Witness

Oh, it's obvious, isn't it? They want the "boyfriend stealer, D/L-happily-ever-after-dream-breaker" to go away. :lol: :lol: If they can't convict her for stealing the "boyfriend", they'll go with stealing the gun instead! :guffaw:

15. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I'm thinking that is not actually going to be a 'date' date. That scene is either going to be totally redone or that 'date' is actually a peace offering from Danny saying 'sorry I forgot your birthday and don't feel the same about you but we can still be friends' date. Lindsay did say she'd have to get over him, so maybe that's her attempt at just being his friend (like he always thought she was). Keep in mind that in episode 20, she's whining about missing being called Montana. That tells me that DL are not a couple and Danny is pulling/has pulled away from Lindsay.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.