Goodbye, Paul Guilfoyle

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

From CSI Files:
    And some more detail in an article on the Hollywood Reporter site.

2. Smokey

My thoughts...tptb have finally lost their collective minds. For a long time now I've felt disconnected from the show and felt like tptb had no clue, and now I'm sure of it.

The "new" cast? Bleah. Forget it. It just gets worse and worse as does the writing. The scripts are ridiculous this season. But to actually decide to let Paul go and then have the balls to act like you're sorry about it? Bull.

3. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Right on, Smokey!

He's an original, they'll miss him, yet they're the ones that let him go.

I will miss him. No more snarky Brass. :(

Mendelsohn needs to step down. She is ruining this show.

4. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I agree with you guys, I made few tweets to csiwritersroom and carol mendelsohn on twitter to show my displeasures of what they have done by writing popular actor that we love off the show, for no reason nor an explaination? It reminds me all over again like Sci-fi channel (aka skiffy) cancelled two of popular tv dramas back in 2007 and 2009, stargate-sg-1 and atlantis, becasue of two idiot show runners/writers decided to write two popular actors off the show, which led to the killing of its shows. Thats where CSI is aheading in that very same fate just like SG-1 and Atlantis with bad writings and poor decision from writers/show runners for getting rid of characters because they don't know what to do to develop its characters. :scream:

5. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Amen! These new writers have no idea how to write for the original cast. They have written everyone of them out of character. :rolleyes:

I tweeted both of them, too. Told Mendelidiot and that she is killing this show.

6. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

It means Season 14 will be the last one to me.

7. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

The one thing about Captain Jim Brass that made him stand out to me is his old school presence, away from the rest of the colleagues and newbies, who are all about the science. I don't mind if Crawford replaces him, but I am gonna miss Brass' funny, witty comments, and sarcasm. Guarantee that it's not CSI without Jim Brass. An old school presence with handcuffs and guns is exactly what I need on this show and it completes the necessary range of different characters on CSI.

I don't at all buy into this sympathy from the producers. Get rid of a well-loved, yet flawed character and a hard-working actor before the season's over, and after having him not appear in many episodes this season, and then openly announce this sad loss. Yeah, that's pure sympathy right there, really. :rolleyes: I would hate to think that Jorja is next in line to be let go, after not appearing in many episodes this season. But, the writing's on the wall. Because of this, CSI is bound to fail.

8. Frosch

Frosch Witness

Shocked and saddened as everyone else, yet not surprised. They seem to be intent on getting rid of any connection to the original CSI. Sure, Nick, Greg and Sara are still around but especially Sara appears unrecognizable to her original character.

Maybe I’m a cynic but I am gearing up for news that TPTB are bringing in a new, young stud to take Paul's place. Mark my words!

9. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

To me Alimi Ballard (Det. Kevin Crawford) is going to be promoted series regular...

Alimi Ballard is a good actor but Paul will be missed. And to me that's a sign they want to do a brand new series with a few former characters just to keep the title 'CSI'. And the way Paul has been 'fired' is just disrespectful...
    I still like CSI but I miss the old CSI so much..

10. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

Ooh you go girl! u should see my tweet to them I'll pm you the name. Even I started the hashtag #NoBRASSNoCSI I don't know if fellow csi fans from csi fandom to spread its displeasures and #NoBrassNoCSI hashtag to get it going on twitter.

11. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Wow, I wasn't aware of this. I haven't actually watched a new episode in quite some time. They tried this same thing with JAG many years ago, bringing in new people that fans didn't like. The producers were trying to turn it into a spinoff: JAG: San Diego. :rolleyes: Next thing you know, the series was cancelled. I like Alimi Ballard as well; he's a fine actor, so I don't want to blame him when CSI crashes and burns. He deserves to work too. I'll really miss Paul--he was the glue that kept CSI working. [​IMG]

12. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

I’m puzzled, because it’s the first time they get rid of a main character: Petersen and Helgenberger chose to leave; Dourdan made some “mistakes” and maybe any other choice was impossible. Is it a budget issue? i don’t think so. After fourteen years, Why do they “erase” a character they must replace (a CSI without a captain of the Homicide department? unbelievable!)? the only reason i can guess is that they have planned other three, four or more seasons; so you can “build” a new character (assuming they wanted to build anything). Who cares? on May 7 i’ll get rid of CSI, the pathetic bad copy of the great TV show i met in 2000. I only wish they’ll give Captain Brass a fair finale (retirement?). but i fear they’ll kill him...

13. Smokey

For sure, this "sympathy" on the part of tptb is not genuine. It's like how they treated George earlier this season, putting him in a corner for a time out. :rolleyes:

Quite frankly, it might be nice if George decides not to renew for next season. Let's see how many fans stick around then with the majority of the main cast being relative newbies.

14. EdgeofNik

EdgeofNik Victim

While I will miss PG's snarky, deadpan delivery, let's face it - it's budgetary. Look at what SVU has done - rid of Meloni, cut down Tunie and in the last year dumped Richard Belzer, Donald Cragen and BD Wong (all of whom had 225+ episodes). It's the economics of the industry. As long as they don't kill Brass off, I'll be OK with it because he can always guest for a "special" episode and return for the series finale, whenever that may be.

15. Smokey

From the article....

This says it all for me. The producers and showrunners and their pretend sadness over it can all go take a flying leap.