Goodbye, Paul Guilfoyle

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Mar 25, 2014.

1. MaxPointy

MaxPointy Hit and Run

I don't like it but I get it. Paul Guilfoyle hasn't been truly full time for a couple of years now and its difficult to write coherent story-lines for part time cast members. Plus, they've got a talented up-and-comer in Alimi Ballard who won't settle for recurring status forever.

That couple with the fact that Paul Guilfoyle himself is now past the retirement age for most cops and Brass' continued presence will eventually become less than believable.

There's also the business side of things: he's also one of the longest serving cast members and that comes with a hefty price tag.

Creatively and financially, Brass's days were numbers.

Again, don't like it but I understand it.

Here's hoping Crawford becomes as fully developed and interesting a character as Brass and that Brass gets a proper send off.

2. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

Fiction has nothing to do with real life. Danson and Hall are older than Guilfoyle and, maybe, at their ages, a pathologist and a CSI Supervisor should be retired. hm. Leslie Howard was 43 when he played Romeo. People enjoyed the show and didn’t tell he was too old for the role. It’s all about acting and fiction. BTW, there isn’t anything believable in the show: in 2000 David Phillips was an Assistant pathologist; in 2014 he is an assistant pathologist. The perfect career everybody would like to get! and Sara Sidle and Nick Stokes? When did they got level 3? Maybe, in real life, they would be CSI supervisors. or maybe not. We must get it, because there isn’t anything we can do. well, ok...i’ll turn the TV off...

3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Paul hasn't been full time lately because, as he said...

I don't think he volunteered to do that out of the goodness of his heart. Maybe...but I would bet that it was someone else's idea.

4. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

Somewhere i read "Paul’s departure is being lamented by fans and many of his CSI colleagues". It won't change anything, but it's a good thing.

5. gsrfan82

gsrfan82 Witness

I'm gonna start not tuning to CSI every wednesday to piss the csi writers and producers off like they piss us off right up to the season 14 finale, that is fair game.

Ren, cite your source :)

Smokey, thats excellent question, was it someone's idea to force Paul Guilfoyle to leave CSI for what? a stupid excuse to let him go?

6. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

This is how is starts...TPTB start making 'budget' cuts, then bring in someone else, who they can pay cheaper. I think after the next season, CSI will go into cancelled heaven.

7. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

Sorry, you're right. i found it on Entertainmentwise.com

8. jimmyolsenblues

jimmyolsenblues Hit and Run

I am crushed we are losing Brass. I love him so much, "talk fast , I gotta get home for Single Malt Express".

9. Smokey

I already don't watch on Wednesday night, and I catch up later, but I'm several episodes behind right now. Even when I watch, most of the time I fast forward to the Nick bits, because the storylines are so stupid. Just no enthusiasm for it anymore. :(

I do like Nick and Crawford together, but I'm sure going to miss him and Brass together.

10. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

I can't believe this, the writer's gave a BS excuse. I want to know the truth of why they are writing him off. Maybe budget cuts? Paul hasn't been in all the episodes this season, in fact he's missed quite a few.

11. Smokey

That's just it. He was already missing episodes to save them money. Now they don't want him at all. I'm telling you...with all of the focus on stupid Morgan the past couple of seasons, they're just trying to revamp the show to get younger viewers. Screw the old timers (actors AND fans) who got the show where it is today.

12. Ren

Ren Hit and Run

Sean Yeager (whose presence didn’t make sense) was a test; maybe for a Nick’s replacement. who knows? Luckily, it has been a failure.
    Do they need to save money and get younger viewer?...Season 17...a close up of a white wall (it’s a sheet of paper, actually; because a wall is too expensive). a Voice over tells the story, describes the scenes, reads the dialogues. Every 10 minutes, Morgan tells us something about her favorite lipstick colors. They save a lot of money, so an episode can last 3 hours. and they get younger viewers, because grandma put the baby’s cradle close to the TV, so the baby can get his lullaby....what a bitterness!...

13. Smokey

The fact that the official CSI Facebook page just posted and actually used the hashtag "Morganders" says a lot. I guess that's what the show's about these days...Morgan and her boyfriends, Finn and her flirting and being accused of murder every other week, etc. :cardie: No wonder Brass doesn't fit in anymore with the show.

14. monketsharona

monketsharona Police Officer

If they want to get rid of all the original stuff from CSI, we can be sure George and Jorja will be the next to be 'fired'

15. CRM

CRM Prime Suspect

Oh, goodness! "Morganders"?? They're gonna turn this once great show into a soap opera more than a detective show! Who'll be next in line to kiss, fight, or sleep with Finn? I'm guessing that the writers and producers are thinking, "Oh, we did it! We brought in more viewers, even younger ones, now that Morgan is a young, regular cast member, and everyone who wants a ship with her and has fantasized endlessly about getting her with Greg, Hodges, Yeager, Tom, Dick, and Harry will now be getting more and more of it this coming season!"

If they get rid of Doc Robbins and have some hot, young ME dude replace him if Super Dave doesn't get Doc's gig, I know for sure that I'm fully done with CSI and will no longer watch the show. No Doc, absolutely no CSI for me. Since George and Jorja had their share in MIA from some episodes, I find myself a little deprived and wondering if either Jorja or George are losing interest in the show or TPTB are slowly planning to write them out. Amazing that I've continued to watch this show when one of the original characters goes MIA on a given episode. I'm not looking forward to try to care about the next season.