Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

Don't forget Greg! :rolleyes: That whole love circle is ridiculous. I probably won't watch episode 4.. and frankly I hope it gets low ratings.

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

3. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Yeah, all the more reason why I kinda know what's coming this season in relation to that storyline :rolleyes: (well...ok, I have a pretty strong guess) , especially in the premiere (although, I'm still convinced that Greg will be ignored/pushed to the side in that episode) and episode 4. I like Branders, but do I want Greg to be caught up in a soap opera/love triangle? Hell no! I know there are fans (I don't know about on this site, but definitely elsewhere on the internet) who ship Morgan/Hodges and I respect that; I just personally don't like the pairing, or, like how you put it, the love circle that's come out of it.

*sigh*, I really hate being so negative about this show though, and I really wish I had more positive things to say right now :(...but I don't :(. We still have yet to find out though what this season (at least after the premiere) will really be like, so let's see what happens.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  4. JorjaFoxFan

I remember more and more why GSR was my first OTP. The subtlety. There were looks and ambiguous comments that could be interpreted only if you cared enough to interpret them. It showcased amazing writing.

I can't believe we're at a point where every episode is aimed at humour, and this ridiculous love triangle. It's just filled with uninteresting characters! And the characters that people actually want to see are more absent than ever!

:shifty:

5. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

ITA :thumbsup:!! Their relationship was beautiful, but it had its own unique style/development, which made it even more intriguing to watch. I know CSI can't spend 5-6 seasons crafting a relationship like that again, but come on, can't they do better than that? Although, that was also at a time when we didn't get so many new writers, that don't seem as invested in the show's history :(. Again, the way they ended GSR was really OOC for Sara and Grissom IMO.

I still find D.B. and Morgan (ignoring some of the annoying and rather forced storylines they've given her) likeable, but, I'm not attached to them the way I've become attached to the old team, and there's waaay too much focus on them. Who knows if that will ever change. :shifty:

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  6. JorjaFoxFan

Exactly! I don't mind watching them, and hearing about them (TO AN EXTENT) but I'm not invested in them, and to be honest I don't really care. Finn on the other hand, is a whole different story. For some reason I jut can't stand her. Her demeanor is uppity and sarcastic, she speaks like she's better than everyone, and her character feel really contrived.. I don't know. If an episode focuses on her, I won't even bother tuning in.

7. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Despite all that though, I don't want Morgan to be killed off. I really don't think she'll die, but I could still be 100% wrong.

Yeah, I'm still having a hard time warming up to Finn in general, but I did like some of her moments with Sara last season.

8. Gloriana

Gloriana Dead on Arrival

Had to jump on here (I usually just lurk) to say I think everyone in the thread is being more than fair, I don't think it's gratuitously negative for the sake of it. I feel a lot the same way you guys do, I've really tried seeing the good in the past few seasons but it's just tough to find.

In terms of the newer characters (D.B., Finn, Morgan) I've felt like the writers have been trying to foist them on the audience instead of developing them, I completely agree with the commentary about that. Like I'm supposed to care about Finn because the writers have decided I should, rather than them giving me a solid reason through character development, you know? (I seriously doubt I will ever like Finn at all, I love Shue as an actress but this character is the pits for me). Like D.B.'s 'marital troubles' felt like such a cheap cop-out, dime store drama.

My gut instinct about the death in the premiere is that it will be Vartann or one of the other detectives. I FEAR it will be Ellie. Part of me thinks "No, they would never kill her off because obviously Brass has earned a better resolution with his daughter even if it's not a perfect relationship", but part of me knows how relentlessly the writers have stomped all over the beloved stories of the past. If they do kill Ellie, I think it will be another instance of them mistaking the destruction of beloved stories/characters as "drama" (Like, I will NEVER forgive them for violating the sacred ground of Frank's Diner last season. I'm almost ashamed of how ticked-off I got about that, but only almost).

I always feel like they've taken Faulkner's advice to 'Kill your darlings' way too far. Rather than thinking about practical application of that advice, they just compulsively do it because they think it's the only way to be 'hard hitting' or somesuch.

I feel a lot the same way you guys do about having extremely low expectations for this upcoming season. I admit, the main reason I watch is almost masochistic, like I tune in to see what horrific thing the writers are going to do next. I know that sounds so nasty to say, but I'm bitter over the whole Frank's Diner thing (and lots of other stuff, but mainly Frank's Diner).

9. A.D.A.M

A.D.A.M Rookie

I think that 14th season need huge story, some serial killer or something, but for more episodes than one. Cause when the episodes will have a one ep stories CSI can lose some viewers and it could be in danger.

10. JorjaFoxFan

They'd never be able to do anything close to the miniature killer again though, and everything they did do would automatically be compared to how incredibly well S7 was written.
    I agree they need something to keep the few viewers left happy, and I think they cold start by including the new characters less, and incorporating the old characters more.

They're making a huge thing about how fans are going to love the 300th episode because it focuses on the original characters but... that should be every episode. Not a throw-back for a milestone episode.

I don't know, it's all just so frustrating now.

11. Frosch

Frosch Witness

I actually believe hat the writers prefer writing for the new characters because they have a blank slate and are not handicapped by a +10 year history part of which they were not involved in creating. While they probably appreciate the original cast because of the built in loyal fan base that they guarantee, they may not be particularly motivated to write for them because they have no interest in tying themselves to a history in which we all are so invested. I am sure the writers wish we would all just shut up and go away.

I am truly impressed that George Eads finally stood up and fought for the integrity of his character, although I wish it had happened sooner. Privately I have been a little disappointed that while we, the fans, have been voicing our concern and unhappiness with the direction the show has gone none of the original cast seemed to have taken a stand. At least until George did.

Fingers crossed that his actions have some positive outcome and that maybe TPTB will actually listen now that it’s not just us loonies voicing our displeasure.

I am with Gloriana In that I still hang around for almost masochistic reasons . This is how I am approaching the 300th episode. This is supposed to be a celebration of 14 years of CSI, yet the only CSIs featured now will be Catherine and Sara plus Greg. I am more excited at the idea of discovering all the things that will irk me and frankly I do not feel guilty or apologetic at all.
    Will Greg still be a lab rat in the faux back scenes or will he miraculously become a CSI, will Grissom and Warrick even be mentioned, will they remember that Catherine and Sara did not like each other at all in the early years etc.?

I fear the 300th episode might become memorable for all the wrong reasons.

12. riddick

riddick Rookie

So true. It was different and yet it was perfectly CSI. And Keppler's great character was introduced so well and effortlessly.

13. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Psst, hey writers, if you're going to have Nick off at Quantico for special training maybe that would be a good plot for when Nick/George returns, the use of what he learned on their cases.

As a viewer I'd rather see that than a forbidden romance. :rolleyes:

I personally feel that all personal relationships, romances, marriages on CSI should be kept to a 6? episode minimum for the season and should totally be peripheral to the cases at hand.

Enough with the love triangle, quadrangle, five-some and the Russell marriage/family already you've beaten them to death.

The key word should be sub tle ty.

Get back to the weird, interesting cases, there's plenty to choose from in the headlines nowadays. :vulcan:

14. JorjaFoxFan

OR use his now superior training to cheat Finn out of her job, as he's already more qualified than her to begin with.

15. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Well, THIS fan isn't going to be pleased with it. It's a slap in the face to do that kind of an episode and leave George out like he's been made to go sit in the corner. I don't care what he did, it's not right.

I don't think they're supposed to learn anything. I think they're making an example of George to keep the others in line. Apparently they don't care what the viewers think as evidenced by the continued ridiculous storylines and focus on DB's family, Finn's boyfriends, and Morgan. Or they simply don't care about the dedicated longtime fans anymore...the ones who know episodes by heart, titles, etc. and own all of the DVDs.