Season 14 Spoiler Lab Discussion

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jun 1, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

^ Exactly. I especially don't think it's okay to reprimand an actor for stepping in after 13 years to disagree with a story line.

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I don't know the facts, but the more I read about it it sounds like taking time off was George's idea. .. that he would rather walk away and not do the ridiculous storyline rather than it was him being punished for an altercation. I could be wrong, but that seems to make more sense.

3. JorjaFoxFan

No, that's what I got from it too.. The thing is it shouldn't have come from that at all. His opinion should have been respected.. While we don't know the full story, I can't imagine what Eads would have said that would've been so far out of line? I have a hard time imagining he would've been too unreasonable..

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

The more I think about it and reading everyone else's opinions, I think CM heard about the argument and called George in.

During their conversation is where he might have wanted to leave the show and she talked him out of it or something along those lines.

Shane tweeted that he was going to post a statement from George this morning, but then deleted it. I still hope were hear something.

5. JorjaFoxFan

I have no doubt that we and the media are making this a bigger deal than it actually is. It was probably a little creative difference that was dealt with. It sounds like Eads took some time off to cool down and time for the writers and him to maybe discuss the differences that caused a riff and how to proceed.

I hope we'll get a statement, but we're not going to get anything less than something benign.

6. Smokey

I don't even care that he will miss the 300th episode, per se. Big deal. But I do care that he will miss it because it's the ONLY one that sounded remotely interesting and like it had a chance to give Nick some good scenes along with the other original cast, including Marg. Now that sucks. :(

7. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

:eek: I am saddened and disappointed by this news.

Nick always has been and always will be my favorite.

Kudos to George for standing up for Nick and if episode 3 is the last we see of him (though I hope not) then I want someone, somewhere to have the brains to grab George up for another series!

Like all the other series I've watched the character brought me but the actor kept me and I will watch George no matter where he goes, if it's a return to CSI or moving on I'll be along for the ride. :thumbsup:

Fic writers put your thinking caps on we'll need you.

Maybe we'll get Cath/Nick at Quantico fics?:)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  8. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

Seeing as I'm not a fan of One Tree Hill I have no idea who she is. But that doesn't really matter as I have no plans to watch the 300th ep either. :(

CSI Exclusive: One Tree Hill's Bethany Joy Lenz Joins Milestone 300th Episode

--------------------​

Update to the Hollywood Reporter story on George's "Leave of Absence"

Susan

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

If you ask me, CM is the bad guy in all of this. To treat someone who is an original cast member, who has done what he as for the show including working through tremendous pain because he is passionate for what what he does is wrong.

Support the writers who want to put our characters in stupid situations and out of character is wrong.

She should be on leave or removed permanently. She let this environment be created when the actors and writers used to work together on this show. I know Billy had a lot to do with that. Too bad he isn't involved anymore.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Wolfgang Puck will appear in Episode Four of the new season (the first one that George will miss). Paul and Jorja will also not be in that episode.

11. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Really? Wow, there are going to be a lot of players missing in 300 :(

12. JorjaFoxFan

So at least Brass doesn't die in the premiere? Thank god.

Too bad 3 of the best people will be missing from this episode.. :(

13. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Episode four isn't the 300th.

14. Smokey

Glad to see George's people have said a little more, but it only makes it worse for me somehow. The story never should have gotten out the way it did in the first place. The good news is, despite the attempt to make George look like the bad guy, it seems that he has overwhelming support, both here and in various online comment sections. He's a good guy. People know that. People see that. It's a damn shame that he's been treated this way by the very people he's been so loyal to all these years.

BTW, Susan, I like your updated signature banner. :thumbsup:

15. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

Again, It's too bad, this ended up happening to George :(. It would've been nice to have all the remaining members of the old team together (including Catherine), not just on the case, but also sharing quality time in the 300th episode :(:(. Also, why hasn't Brass been mentioned once in the spoilers :shifty:?? Seriously! It's bad enough that Nick isn't going to be there. Even if he is in it, it would suck if he ends up not having much of a role in this episode.

about Jorja, George and Paul not being in episode 4, that sucks, but I wasn't particularly looking forward to that episode anyway (unless the case turns out to be interesting or intriguing enough), since Hodges' fiancee is making an appearance. Sorry, I want him to be happy, but again, he needs to be toned down big time and I find the Morgan/Hodges/Elisabetta storyline kinda forced and ridiculous.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013