Grissom and Sara #36 A Love Story

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by sharp52092, Jan 23, 2013.

1. JorjaFoxFan

JorjaFoxFan CSI Level One

In a lot of the interviews and releases about GSR potentially breaking up, it sounds almost as if this entire story line was a ploy to lure WP back to the show for a bit. But what if he doesn't? It's almost as if he doesn't take the bait, then the relationship is in limbo, and that's an uncredibley unfair amount of pressure to put on him.

WP left almost 5 seasons ago, and it as the writers responsibility to either continue GSR in any way they knew, or to finish it. They've done neither. We're now in this weird limbo that probably won't even be addressed until next season.

Nice as it would be for WP to come back and reprise Grissom, and fight for everything that the show was, that's not his responsibility.

2. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

^^^
    Well, if that's the case, then the writers really should be ashamed of themselves.
    Even IF WP agreed to make an appearance once a season, let's say, how does that change what they perceive as their inablity to write for the character of Sara? She would still be tied to Grissom, which apparently they see as a handicap for reasons that make no sense to me. Embrace your history, I say, instead of running from it, or worse, rewriting it.

Sara and Grissom were the most developed characters on the show, in part thanks to GSR, until this. Now she's regressed, Grissom's regressed, and the GSR as a storyline has been dismissed by the writers and mocked online by the network. The current showrunners inherited the most intriguing and most carefully constructed romantic subplot in the history of any procedural, and they totally mismanaged it. This is a writer problem, not a WP problem. And the bottom line is, they didn't need an onscreen Grissom to continue this storyline.

I'm sorry if this seems like overly harsh criticism of the current writers/showrunners, but the more I think about it, the angrier I get. No creativity. No vision. And such a waste of a once great storyline. It's beyond sad.

ETA: All that said, IF the writers do manage to fix this break up scenario (sooner rather than later), I'll take it all back (well, some of it anyway), and apologize profusely.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  3. kiwi_fruit

kiwi_fruit Dead on Arrival

So well said. It saddens me to think that the current writers might consider GSR as just another ship they can have a play with, not the special, unique, unequalled love story that we know it is. I wish they didn't have a power to mess with it like that:(

I'd still like to believe TPTB wouldn't have started on this without knowing how they'd play it out and being sure they could get WP for a cameo, but that could be my wishful thinking. But if they're going the "Look, Mr Petersen, we made you the "bad guy", you HAVE to come back now to defend yourself" route they're kidding themselves. And I doubt WP would appreciate this kind of attitude either. Having said that, we've heard him twice this season(well, he didn't have to be on set for that, but still), chances are he wouldn't be participating in any way if he was completely against what TPTB are doing.

On a positive note, if there's anything good (for lack of a better term)to come out this... it's the fact that TPTB have hopefully confirmed their suspicions whether or not GSR is still loved and supported. By many. Well done to GSR fans for making themselves heard. And for hopefully never giving up and never forgetting.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  4. JorjaFoxFan

I agree with all of you so much.

I just don't understand where the show is at. It's almost as if they're relying on a ship they dislike writing to drive the show along. If there was a writer turn-over and GSR didn't work, and writers didn't want to continue story lines like that, then that's okay, but they didn't have to ruin both characters in the process. They're ruining Grissom's reputation without him even being there and it's heartbreaking.

At this point, even if everything works out okay with GSR, they're tainted. Yes every relationship has problems, especially long-distance ones, however it doesn't even feel like we're watching Grissom and Sara fight through it anymore. We're watching Sara give up without even knowing exactly what's going on.

The interviews that I've read have mixed feelings coming from writers and producers on the viability of GSR, which is fine, but there is so many people denouncing their relationship and because of the things that are currently being said, GSR probably won't ever feel the same again.

5. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Guys, check CSI Writers' Twitter, they have uploaded some nice pics.

They also say this: "We DO listen to Jorja. She was heavily involved in the development of this storyline. Have faith everybody!"

6. JorjaFoxFan

I posted the Jorja pics in the Jorja/Sara thread if anyone can't find them via twitter :)

I'm convinced that Jorja is very much involved in the story line and I have no doubt in my mind that GSR isn't over. The only problem I have is with this stain in their relationship now. Sara is retreating a little into her angst ways, which I hoped we were over with as of S5.

It's just very demoralizing, and if they don't wrap it up this season, I'm afraid that a lot of people will call it quits. In addition with the declining quality of the show itself.

7. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

It's also that things between them have been bad throughout the season without us knowing why. At least back in seasons 8-9 we could understand what was going on. Now, to have only one positive/back-together episode at any point, even with WP in it, might not be enough to outweigh how this season has been. Unless they have planned something special we haven't seen on this show before.

8. JorjaFoxFan

The bad times they're going through is taking over the show. GSR was subtle and carefully constructed, it screamed loudly from the background but unless you were looking, you really weren't going to find anything.

A good episode for them probably won't outweigh what the writers have done. I understand how difficult it is without one of the two characters ever being present, but it bothered me how in Forget Me Not, Sara seemed to place blame solely on Grissom. Maybe that's true but it hurts not being able to see what Grissom is doing, or how he even is. At this point in the show, Sara is closer to Nick than anyone else and that's scary.

I mean, I know the show can't be the same without Grissom. Far from it. However, the smarter decision in my mind would be to mention their happiness sporadically, instead of burn them down.

9. Guybrush Threepwood

Guybrush Threepwood CSI Level One

So I haven't been on this forum since December 2007 (yikes) and I haven't watched CSI since Jorja left. When she came back, I didn't want to watch it because William wasn't involved anymore (I did watch his departure though). It's currently past 1 AM and I've just spent some time smiling about all my fond memories of the show, and I decided to read up on what's going on. I knew Sara and Grissom had married (and internally rejoiced). And what do I see all of a sudden?! They have broken up?!

I'm so outraged by this I returned to a forum after five years only to be able to speak to like-minded people about it. :lol:

Seriously though, this might be the worst decision the writers have ever made. The relationship between Sara and Grissom have been hinted at since the very beginning of the show, and it was always there, even if it was just hinted at or in the background. Then finally in season six it was revealed that what had been present for six seasons was in fact a reality. And it was GOOD. It was a damn good day indeed. Now this? Genuinely, I think this was a bad decision and I think it'll show when it comes to ratings and reactions. Hopefully they've got a bigger plan with all of this which will end with some joy for us GSR shippers.

10. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  11. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Have we gotten any new info on these two lately?

12. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Just the rumours about Sara not being in the final episode and the word 'divorce' being mentioned/implied/whatever. I guess that's it for this season. But I enjoyed our discussions here over spoilers, episodes etc. it was more fun than actually watching it all go to pieces. I hope season 14 will make up for what 13 destroyed.

13. JorjaFoxFan

Sadly, no. However Sara won't appear in next week's episode as she'll be returning to SF to testify against a prisoner she helped put away who is up for parole. DB told Sara to take a vacation while she was there, and that sort of stuck out to me, because they said a while back they wanted to include Doug in future episodes. Just hope it isn't building up to a cliffhanger finale regarding the future of Sara.

14. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Yeah, that was kind of weird. I suspect it will lead to something because in two years we never had an explanation for Sara not being in an episode; like, 'I really need to take some time off so I could spend some time with my husband'. How easy/nice that would have been.
    And, I do consider SF to be GSR territory, since that's where they met and their story began; but I'm not sure the current writers appreciate that. If this a ploy to reconnect Sara with Doug, well...just another slap in the face to this long time viewer and GSR fan.

15. GSR GR

GSR GR Prime Suspect

Unless they plan to end their story at the place and in the manner it started. In SF and off screen. They've already done the 'ending it the way it started on screen' so it has to be something different this time.