CSI:Miami cancelled, CSI:NY renewed along with CSI

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Faylinn, May 14, 2012.

1. miamirocks

miamirocks Lab Technician

At the end of the day, what's done is done and there's nothing much we can do about it. I'm not over it by a long-shot, but I'm trying to get over it. Maybe I just need to cry it out w/a few friends while listening to Adele's "Someone Like You," like they did on SNL last year:

[​IMG]

I posted this on the Miami thread, but thought everyone here might get a chuckle out of this here too. ;) If you can find the skit and watch it, it's pretty funny. At the end of the day, none of this is the end of the world, but it is a sad ending to a great TV show and wonderful characters that many of us will miss.

2. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh I'd love to find it and watch one day.

Eh. I was so convinced Miami will get at least one last, decent farewell season. But oh well... we can't always get what we want.

At least I don't see the exact reason for cancelling being that given one, or at least I doubt it was main reason anyways, if at all.

And I will be terribly missing this bunch of familiar faces on my tv screen:(
    But it was inevitable I guess.

3. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

I just wonder how long CSI: las vegas will go for now??? only Jim,Nick,Sara,Greg are the remaining originals as they have got Elisabeth Shue makes me wonder if they can go a bit longer??

4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

They are going to be back for next year and have been renewed just for one year, like NY. But I think most shows are given that.

5. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

Dam sucks, atleast you get a show for another season though- worth the time unlike here in NZ most of our TV shows get thrown to the bin and never seen again- wish we had a channel layout and see what on in the year and what has been cancel rather than cancel a show and there still few more eps that hasn't been aired yet lol.

6. sekmarc

sekmarc Civilian

Am I the only one that would have preferred to have lost Vegas rather than New York or Miami? The only character on Vegas that I still like is Greg and he could easily get sent to Miami to replace Boa Vista.

7. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Well, frankly I have same feelings.
    Greg is the only season I still keep watching Vegas. And I've been doing that ever since series started. Greg is only magnet that keeps my attention to Vegas.

No offence but I better see him replacing Eric or Calleigh, because they simply annoys me.

But I'd better let Vegas go instead of Miami.

8. sekmarc

sekmarc Civilian

I have to agree, Eric and Calliegh are both kind of annoying. If I had to choose one of the two though, I'd have to choose Eric, in part to keep the male/female ratio but mostly because he's more annoying and generally aggravating than any other character on the show. I chose Natalia as the one Greg would replace because he is her more personable male counterpart. Both started out as DNA techs the eventually became full field techs. It just seemed the most reasonable switch. Such a switch could even be written into the storyline, each of them wanting a change of pace and essentially just trading places. What do you think? Could it work?

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  9. Mr Jo Danville

Mr Jo Danville Witness

I thought get a character together was kinda silly in a way but I do understand why they need a couple, I just wondered maybe a guest character could be better?? shame that there was only one wedding in CSI Miami- I thought it was a waste of time for just to kill Eric sister the following episode but that what I think, everyone got views. I am looking forward to when the new CSI and CSI NY season starts.

10. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

I may have missed this, but how many episodes did NY get? im sure LV got a full series, but im not sure about NY?

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Miami got 19 episodes while NY got 18.

12. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

I meant next season

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

That total has not been made public. Of course, fans want a whole season--22 to 24 episodes, but it'll probably end up more like the previous one: 16 to 18. Let's be happy with whatever total we get. :)

14. wamdue

wamdue Dead on Arrival

im happy both have been renewed, but i just wonder if I had missed the number of episodes, and was asking.

Seems odd they have not announced it at this point.

15. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

TPTB looove :p to keep us in suspense. Let's hope it doesn't take a 6-week hiatus like it did last season. :rolleyes: