CSI: NY Renewed for Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2012.

1. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes! :D
    A little surprised if I'm honest, but I really hope they make this season worth it.

2. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

Yeah, they made that announcement a while back, and even before it was official, there was news coming out about actors being signed for Season 13. Like CSI:NY, CSI:Vegas is on something of an upswing creatively. The addition of Ted Danson and Elisabeth Harnois this season has really livened the show up. The jury's still out on Elizabeth Shue, as far as I'm concerned.

3. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I don't think this is a mind-blower of a surprise. An article in TV Guide a few months ago actually preferred the cancellation of CSIM over NY, more for creative reasons than financial ones.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Well I am very surprised with NY's renewal. It almost didn't make the cut last year so I thought for sure this year it wouldn't have the same luck. Especially since the ratings haven't been the greatest. But I am happy, especially since we get Sela and Eddie for one more year.

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I personally felt CSI Miami lost its way a couple of seasons ago. H became unlikeable and the storylines with the other characters became stale. That and the plotlines became too far out for me.
    It's not bashing the show at all,and it's something that happens to many shows that are on for a long time. It becomes harder and harder to keep the show fresh and exciting.
    IMO of course.

6. Rena

Rena Rookie

I love all three CSI shows. For the last couple of months NY has been my favorite, but the mothership LV is still the best. It also beats NY. I'm sad about Miami being canceled.

I love the characters, I love Mac :):):), I love the city (though I've been there only once), but I'm not so sure how happy I am that the show got renewed. Considering what the producers and writers made of Miami and also made of NY during the last couple of seasons, I really do hope they will come back with a great, great season 9 to compensate all the things they've messed up (story lines, characters, names, dates, continuity etc.). Miami and NY both had an amazing and incredible S1 and NY should try to get back to that. The last two seasons had some great episodes, but in total were mostly disappointing due to too many lame cases and far less creative stories when compared to former seasons.

For now I'm feeling sad for Miami, my hero Horation, and the sunglasses that became famous around the globe :lol:

7. PHANTOMERIK

PHANTOMERIK Dead on Arrival

Ok so they did an Houdini once again and I'm actually kind of pleased but now can we have a little common sense here now please and get rid of Christine? It's no coincidence that both the ratings and the demographic plunged to hitherto new lows the moment she appeared or why. If TPTB need any more convincincing I have one word for you MIAMI need I say anymore.I also think maybe it's time for some fresh blood at the top we definately could do with some new imput storywise couldn't we? A new set of eyes running things, a fresh approach could give the show a whole new lease of life. Any way
    NO1 PRIORITY SAME AS ALWAYS GIVE US BACK OUR STELLA!
    NO2 PRIORITY TO INFINITY AND BEYOND GET RID OF CHRISTINE PERMENANTLY!.

(Yes I am yelling at the top of my voice here because I'm hoping sombody will break the habit of a lifetime and listen for once back there at CSI HQ.)

8. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

Not when you're a disgruntled minority they won't listen to those suggestions :lol: Not to mention viewership went up (not plunged ;)) these last few eps, with the hiatus (not the introduction of Christine) being the culprit for any slight dip in the demo.

9. nel2h

nel2h CSI Level One

I see that also in such a way, since Christine has appeared the ratings have gone down. 
It is the worst one what brought CSI NY up to now.

Last edited: May 16, 2012
  10. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

You know what, if you guys don't like the current (or any) relationship the writers/producers have for Mac or anyone else, go make your point here - http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=58529. That is the 'Dislike/Debate a Ship thread'. It's been stated and propounded and proved by several people here that NY's ratings this season have NOTHING to do with ANY particular character or storyline. Not to mention that it's also been pointed numerous times the reason ratings dropped (and I use that term hesitantly since they didn't go down that much at all except for last Friday's demo where CBS sucked royally across the board and in all the time slots yet NY's viewership still went up) had everything to do with the fact that the show took six weeks off without announcing the hiatus at all and most people thought the show was actually cancelled at that point.

So, first off, for anyone who insisted (and might still insist) that the show was going to die because of Jo, I present you with s8.

Second, for anyone who also now does the exact same with the show and its ratings because of Christine, I present you with s9 and suggest you take a lesson from the predictions of doom based on single character from last year.

Ratings and a show's survival have nothing to do with a single character, especially simply a recurring one who is only billed as a guest star :rolleyes:

11. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Agree with you on your points Jade. You take any show off the air for six weeks,it's ratings will suffer. It's why for many shows their ratings never recovered after the writer's strike in 07-08. The three month hiatus was simply too much.
    As for the Mac & Christine relationship,it doesn't even come close to relationships that have killed shows. To me,they are doing it just right in giving it proper airtime but not allowing it to overtake the show.

12. Crumbs

Crumbs Police Officer

NY has a time change, now on Fridays at 8pm ET.

13. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Well, that's a lot better than Sundays. I was kinda leery that it would be moved to the death slot.

14. perlnoir

perlnoir Pathologist

source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

When do we find out how many episodes?