CSI: NY Renewed for Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2012.

1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Thought since the news is official, it should have its own thread! CSI: NY will be coming back for a ninth season! :D No word yet on how many episodes will be in that ninth season or the show's time slot, though presumably it will stay on Friday night.

Here's the TV Line article about the renewal.

2. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I am very excited about it! I had spent the season feeling as though it was the end and prepared for the end. But seeing Gary's tweet this afternoon made me so happy! I am a little bummed about Csi Miami, but if it had to go for NY to stay so be it!

3. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

i don't know how to express my feelings though!or describe it, in words.although i had a gutfeeling how we'll have a next season, with the hints and non statements, they really worked me this time.so should we now be prepared for the last season, or will they give us the doublefigure?at least we have one more and that's great news!a big virtual hug:)

4. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I am really surprise and happy! Awesome! This show deserves another season. :D

5. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

this.objectively they had the bigger fan base, so the news must hit them twice as hard, since miami was the one who polarised at most.

6. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I am delighted that CSI: NY has been renewed for another season but I would also like to say that I am very sad that CSI: Miami has been cancelled, it was a great show and the actors were fantastic. I wish them well for future projects.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  7. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

I'm glad CBS has renewed New York. I've very much enjoyed the show over the last 8 years and will continue to watch the show through season 9.

8. ltdanfan

ltdanfan Victim

I think this is a lovely 'Happy Mother's Day present for all who celebrate!

9. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Hit and Run

Great news about NY, but as I dont live in the US I'm surprised Miami has gone. I always thought it was the biggest one globally.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Not surprised about Miami but since I'm a bigger fan of NY,I'm cool with it. I really hope there will be good writing for CSI NY next year,I have no doubt the ninth year will be its last.

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i was at work when i looked on my phone and saw that NY was renewed... i think i scared my coworkers!! the news completely made my week i am so happy that NY will be coming back. the show has gotten so great over the past two years i would have hated to see it end so soon just as it was getting even better.

12. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

How many episodes do you guys think NY will get?

How many do you want them to get.

EDIT: I am still in shock.

13. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I would expect at least 13. That would be enough to have a more serialized plot (along with the crime-of-the-week, of course) to finish out the series. TPTB said they wanted to have more personal stuff in season nine, so I expect the show to go in that direction during what I assume will be its final season.

However, if they give it 20, the show will end with 200 episodes total (assuming I did my math right, lol). That would be a nice round number, not to mention a major milestone to cap off the series. :)

14. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I hope they let it get to 200 episodes. I think it deserves that, but I'll take whatever they give us.

15. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

damn, in hindsight you could've seen the pick a mile a way.sorry, no offense to the miami fanbase, but didn't boa vista signed a contract for a pilot at least two month a go?at next we had the hiatus incident what brought csi miami, as the first one to close(go,finish) the season(usually the franchise finished within a week).i think that was a strategic move to show the audience, which shows are on the same wavelenght(hope you guys use the same phrase)

do you guys really think they didn't get the news before hand, or had an agreement over their departure?
    and last but not least, the end credit of the season finale.not even the coldest politician, would misslead us fans with an initiated allusive hint.

about the episode order in next season.my guess is the usual 18-22(24),but imo, it isn't definitely the last season.let alone to close (kind of)the circle with the 10th, if tptb don't campaigne it as the last one, i will not be surprised if they (premise,the original will be renewed) renew it again.i for now know better:lol: