CSI: NY Renewed for Season 9

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, May 13, 2012.

1. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

About Boa Vista, I just got the sense she was not under contract. And, did that show get picked up?

I didn't think of that as to when the show finished airing episodes as to which would be gone first.

2. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

to be fair, it was the first indication so one couldn't suggest a cancelation just from the one aspect.but if you ad the other arguments to it, i think my theory isn't so stubborn.:)

3. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I personally thought CSI Miami was doomed the minute it got moved to the 10 pm timeslot on Sunday night. That is the timeslot for shows that are marked for death.
    Plus Eva being allowed to shoot a pilot for ABC and the reduced episode order.
    I don't think they knew 100% that the show would be canceled..but I think they saw the writing on the wall. That's why the Navaro storyline was done away with and the ending changed.
    I felt CSI Miami had runs it course. There is still enough for one more year of CSI NY,I hope it will be a great one.

4. Jade_Nolan

Jade_Nolan CSI Level One

I would LOVE it if they got to 200 episodes! I think if they did another 18 ep season and cut them off only two short of the mile mark that that would be rather cheap. But hey, ultimately I'm beyond thrilled and will take whatever number of eps they give us :D

And I really really do hope they bill it as the last season if that's the intent or if there's a question mark about a s10 (which after two years of going through this renew/cancellation stuff I'd be SHOCKED if there wasn't). I would love for the writers to be able to properly wrap up various storylines and for us to not have to wonder what the fate of the show is going to be again.

5. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The ABC upfronts aren't until May 15, but according to Deadline, they did not pick up the Mandy Moore pilot.

I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to seeing Eva in a comedy. Oh well, that's just how it goes, I guess.

6. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

I hope for 26 episodes because season 8 was 4 episodes short of a full season!!! Hahaha I'm greedy

7. danny-lindsay4e

danny-lindsay4e Witness

So happy NY got picked up if it was 1 or the other id take NY everytime! Miami is too bright and those sunglasses..... lol not everyone thinks that way i know but im happy so hey ho happy start to my Monday!!

As for the episodes this season?? lol yes 20 to make 200 would be fantastic but CBS dont think like us if it goes for 18 its 2 short yes we see that but CBS wont think like us and round it up to make the 200 mark lol

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

RIP Miami *salutes* I'm still in shock about cancelling, but on the bright side I'm happy about NY's renewal.
    I've been sensing this possibily for a while now since they did huge mislead about Miami.
    I'm on the international side so I don't know about actual effect what Miami got after being removed to Sundays (in here it's not bad timeslot at all since most weekly live shows are on Sundays and there's even Sunday Movie part when live shows end their seasons).

About NY, I know it'll be good. Season 8 starts tonight here (in Latvia) and I'm looking forward to it. Liked s7 finale. It truly gave finish feeling and I liked the feeling it gave afterwards (if I didn't know it'll continue I'd say great finale).
    I've been re-enjoying show from last season again (maybe new character and somewhat more emotional plots gave that) and I believe that if next season's the last it'd be awesome. More personal storylines etc would give series a perfect ending. Also would be awesome if they had 200th episode, somehow fitting in my opinion.

Despite my shock and grief I am truly glad about NY being just little more longer on screens.

9. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

Very happy news! My favorite of the 3.

Based on that final scene in "Near Death" where Mac is back, I sensed there would be at least 1 more shortened season. It seemed a little patchwork, like it didn't really belong to the rest of the episode.

10. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

It would be nice if NY made it to 200 episodes, but I don't believe it will happen.

All the talk about the big deal with airing CSI: Miami repeats on AMC didn't help at all. I didn't hear the news until after 10pm Central time last night on the radio, but I already knew the writing was on the wall that it was gone. CBS aired a repeat on Saturday night, and 60 Minutes had an excellent interview with Gary Sinise last night--no way they were taking his show off the air. ;)

60 Minutes/Disabled troops inspire Gary Sinise to give back (text & video)

11. Eve

Eve Pathologist

I'm very glad to hear that :) Although I wasn't really thinking about it being cancelled, so I didn't have a chance to get nervous about it. And I hope that the season 9th will be having more episodes that the 8th one - I remember I was really disappointed that there are only 18 episodes, as I was counting that there will be at least 22 or 23, as it was usually for the seasons. But you are saying that there are a little chances for that... well, maybe you're right. Will see.
    And I'm sorry for the fans of CSI Miami. I was never a huge fan of it, but I can imagine it is sad to say goodbye to the characters that you used to watch for 10 years.

12. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I love your thinking. Now if we can get CBS on board.:guffaw: I would be thrilled with 24 or even 22 episode, but I would be content with 18 like this season. Less would be sad. Thank you to CBS and everyone who took part in the Operation9 campaign.

13. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Dead on Arrival

I was really worried this would be the end for CSI:NY, what with the Friday timeslot and the short episode-order. The running theories were that either NY or Miami would come back, but not both. I'm really glad it's NY coming back. I think it's been on a real creative upswing the last two years, since Sela Ward joined. I gotta think cost played a big role in the decision. Miami's been around longer, and has a lot more big action-movie type set pieces, explosions, etc.

Haven't heard anything about how many episodes we're getting, I'm hoping they let the show at least get to 200. We also haven't heard if Season 9 will be the last one. My gut says they're leaning that way unless it does REALLY well in the ratings. Could be they're still negotiating that.

Anyone know if all of the cast are under contract for next year? I wonder if they've got Megan Dodds signed to a deal for next year, they certainly tried to make it look like Christine was going to be sticking around in Mac's life. :)

14. Eve

Eve Pathologist

Excuse me maybe silly question, but it isn't certain that the 9th season is the last one, right? Or it is was already said that more than 9 is just impossible?

Edit: while I was posting, pdegan2814 answered my question :)

15. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Just an FYI, CSI was renewed for one year as well.