SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Spoilers indicate a few may leave? I've not read that

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
  2. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

We all read those spoilers a while back. They said that Horatio's team would be broken up and one of the main cast transferred in the season finale. The finale script has since been reworked, according to later spoilers, and it doesn't look as though it will be a cliffhanger.
    I personally think CSI: Miami will be renewed for an 11th season, but after that I have no idea. All we can do is keep watching and showing our support and hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2012
  3. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Man, let me tell ya, there is no way that any of us that post on this board could save any show, I mean, we are a minority to the corporate world, all they care about is making money so the President and CEO get a nice big bonus every 6 months to a year. I'm sure that is what goes on at CBS. I think there will be a season 11, but not as many episodes. As I have said before, I read where Mr. Caruso wants it to go to 12 Seasons. I wish him the best of luck in talking corporate CBS to grant him his wish. After that, my guess is he will retire, and hey that sounds like a plan to me! Retire, I wish I could!

BTW: "Two and One Half Men really stinks now", Shut it OFF CBS!

Peace

4. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Most (if not all) of the comedies stink because they are raunchy and brainless, and now networks are talking about adding more this season because their ratings are so much better than the dramas!

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello there Ms. Daisymay!

Nice to see you on here chatting, I have had to take some time away due to my mother has Spinal Stenosis surgery. She is doing much better! I hope you are doing well!

Anyhow, I have formed the opinion that TV is just not like it was 30 or 40 years ago. It's all about making money, ratings, and they seem to not care about the big fans of this and other CSI Shows. It really makes me sad. I think that we should be thankful for what we got over the years, I am building up my DVD Collection of CSI Miami and CSI New York. I just have this gut feeling that those two shows will leave CBS first, but the bright side of it due to the how popular these show have been, we will see reruns on the other cable or satellite networks for years to come.

Let's go back to the late 60's for a minute. The Monkees only had two seasons on NBC. But they had four hit pop records (I'm telling my age here), but they have remained in the "limelight" over the years! God Bless Davy Jones, he was such a nice man, and I heard he liked CSI Miami too! Davy should have been a guest star with Horatio Caine on CSI Miami

Peace to all CSI Fans!

Hope you are having a nice day!

6. ruby&theheadmen

ruby&theheadmen Lab Technician

I'm willing to write a letter to the CBS President but where and to whom do I write it to? If you or the mods can share this information, I'd be happy to comply- thanks.

7. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello,

The latest word I have received is that CSI NY is gone for next season. CSI Miami still has a chance. I'm not really sure how this is going to pan out, but I guess we will have to wait for word from David Caruso, as I was told he was planning to have a "Press Conference" with the news media of what lies ahead for the future of Miami. This is just a rumor, so I can not say this is true, but my gut feelings are that Miami would stay on longer than NY, and that is just my opinion only.

Peace,
    Jimi

8. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

For the record, I haven't seen any official word from CBS nor any of their representatives (including actors) that NY has been canceled. If you're referring to what was posted on one of the twitter pages, it seems to be from a fan club who claims they can't reveal their source. They may or may not be right, but it's probably best to be cautious with the news out there. Seems also, that a lot of news/entertainment sites have made up their mind already about it, and I can't say I completely disagree with their assessment of the situation, but it's not quite a sure thing until CBS announces it--which they haven't yet. So there is hope. I've seen stranger things happen during pickup season. :lol:

That being said, I'm feeling a little more confident about Miami. Fingers crossed as the weeks count down...

Given the trend lately (most shows barely get 13 episodes, let alone 10 years), I'm glad Miami didn't begin within the last 3 or 4 years. It's nice to see something consistent on television these days.

But I don't think a show should be given a set life-span (especially by the networks). Despite the obvious financial side of it, if Miami is still relevant to an audience after all these years and would continue to be, more power to them. CSI seems to be doing well, so we know the procedural formula is still working for CBS...even if I think it might be a bit tired conceptually. :lol: But it's a dual-edged sword, because I think all things should come to an end eventually, especially if it makes sense. On the other hand, I'm so used to seeing Miami on the air, primetime would feel a little weird--to me--without it.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  9. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Thank god for amc. If it wasn't for their deal, the shows future would be looking considerably worse. My only real worry is the cost of miami compared to the cost of new york. Then again, it most likely does generate more money than New York. Miami costs so much, for the most part, because of the special efects for tornados and explosions and other stuff that don't really need to be there. If they come back, I don't think they should do any of that stuff. IMO they can no longer justify it.

How tru this is, I don't know, but on another thread Adam aparently said in an interview amc is willing to put in more money to get those 2 extra seasons they were offered. Hopefully it is true and the extra money plus previous amc money, plus international sales on top of what money they will get from advertisers, will be enough.

Figers crossed

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Forza, thanks for mentioning what Adam said. I was just going to post that info. He wouldn't have said it unless he knows something. Adam is also giving another interview this afternoon, so hopefully he will have something to add. I also agree there are ways to cut back on expenses. I think they could still do a great show without all the special effects by making it more character driven.

11. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Hello Folks,

I read a press release from CBS, where Nancy Teller, President of CBS made a statement last month that as much as she wanted to keep all three CSI Programs going, one is going to have to end.

From rumors only, CSI NY will wrap up this season when CBS starts to run the last CSI NY episodes at the end of the month. Right now, Miami is safe (maybe) for one more season, that's Season 11. That's just my opinion.

Peace

12. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Forgive my ignorance about US television. Has it ever been done that another network like nbc or others I don't know the names of, have they ever bought a show and given it new life on that network? Or is cbs too possesive of their shows?

13. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

Yes. When JAG aired on NBC, it was cancelled after the 1st season. CBS picked it up, and it actually aired for another 9 seasons, before finally being cancelled by them. NBC cancelled Medium and CBS also picked it up (they seem to have a love for NBC shows, at least back in the day.) NBC also cancelled SouthLAnd, and TNT picked it up and brought it to new life, where its still running--I think Season 4 just ended. :)

14. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I wish another network had picked up Cold Case but it cost too much $$$$ to produce for that.

15. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

While all of this is true, I don't think that another network would pick up a CSI show after it is cancelled. For one, networks usually on pick canceled rookie dramas. Also, CBS probably has some ownership or rights to the CSI series, so I don't think a network could pick up one of the shows if CBS is still airing another show in the franchise.