SAVE CSI: MIAMI!!!!!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by spencerreidfan, Feb 21, 2012.

1. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I have to agree. Even though I would like 2 more years, just because DC said they were good for 12 seasons, last year. I would settle for one more.

One where we know the score from the beginning or at the very latest half way through the season and the finale is a great episode with lots of opportunity for great acting and moments to treasure. It should go out strong with heads held high and NO one getting badly hurt, killed, sent to prison, etc... In other words happy endings for all the cast and fans.

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Hit and Run

I would be happy if we get a season 11 and were told from the begining that it is the final season. I will be pissed if they (CBS) pulled the plug after this season without warning us first. After 10 years of being dedicated to this show, I think the fans deserve that much. It would be nice if all the non-concluded stories lines tied up, Horatio became the leader he used to be, Eric and Calleigh got their happily ever after, Ryan got a real girlfriend; not a story line tease or the new girl in the lab. And let the show ride off into the sunset on a positive note.

3. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Regardless of whether this, the next or the one after that is the final season, I agree that the show needs to end on a positive note. I would like to see Horatio retire or receive a (long overdue and well deserved) promotion to captain, Frank retire, and Eric or Calleigh be placed in charge of the lab. I don't want anyone to leave or be transferred, and certainly not die! I also think Eric and Calleigh should get back together, for the sake of their fans.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I wasn't questioning the legitimacy of online petitions, just that they're rarely considered (but not never considered, to be fair because some have worked in the past) when deciding the fate of a series--no matter how legitimate they are or from what medium they arise.

One could argue that online petitions should be more successful because they meet a wider range of people, but I'd also argue that Miami doesn't have as rabid a fan base as some other series so it's why I'm not very confident in the numbers we'll see. It seems like Miami has more casual viewers than anything--most of which have zero interest in coming online to vote. It's a shame. I'm not trying to poo-poo on someone else's efforts, I'm just being realistic, and I'm not trying to discourage people to sign. I wish the industry would listen to the fans more.

Agreed. It'd be nice if they had a chance to wrap things up and hopefully give a satisfying ending when the lights do go out. After a series that's been as successful and long-running as Miami, it seems appropriate.

5. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

I have a question, who in the heck is the TPTH? I have never heard of such organization. I have been under the inpression that CBS themselves call the shots of what shows go on TV and which ones do they need to pull due to low ratings and not enough advertisers.

What does the TPTH stand for and what roll do they play with the TV Networks about what shows go on TV?

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  6. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

TPTB are The Powers That Be--anyone involved with the senior production of the show (CBS, executive producers, showrunners, etc., and depending on the situation, the writers). We use the acronym to refer to anyone who's calling the shots, pretty much. Hope it helps. :)

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
  7. mulder42

mulder42 Corpse

FYI (For Your Information)...a list you can use for internet shorthand. Most of these I'm sure you'll never use, BTW (By the Way). Some may make you ROTFLOL (Roll on the Floor Laughing out Loud), but YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary). Enjoy! [​IMG]

http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php

8. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I agree with others in saying that we would all like the shows to go out on top.
    That's why part of me was okay with Cold Case,another favorite show of mine ending when it did.
    The episodes were starting to decline just a little bit in terms of storyline but it still left with its dignity intact.
    I can't say that about JAG or ER nor can I say that about Law & Order SVU. By the end,it got to the point where I was glad to see them off the air or wanting to end.
    If it comes down to it, I'd rather see the CSIS end gracefully vs sputtering out.

9. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I still don't like the way CC ended though as to having Valens as a partner in murder, he and Lily break the law in finding her sister and the way the other three got Stillman's boss in trouble. If the writing was done differently I would agree, I'd rather see the show end on a good note.

10. thetalkativeone

thetalkativeone Victim

I have been hearing many horrifying things about the end of this season which have me extremely worried that it will be knocked off this season or next. I really do hope they don't, would be heartbreaking. What is the likelihood it will go?

11. daisymay

daisymay Police Officer

Well, we just don't know. My own feeling (for what it's worth, which isn't much) is that we will get a Season 11, though maybe a short one, and that it will be the last. It occurred to me just now, that if they managed to commission another 18 episodes, that would take the series to 250 episodes (I think). Nice round number...

12. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Greetings Ms. Daisymay,

I think you are right. I no expert, but being over the years that I have watched TV, since 1966, and I was at the age of 2, I have questioned why popular shows don't stay on the air.:cool:

I as grew older, and starting to understand the TV business when I was in my 20's, I found it typical that a show, unless it is a show that big advertisers will buy (like General Motors here in the United States), they usually last about 8 to 10 seasons, then they go into syndication, and runs shown on the other cable/satellite networks. Right now, here in the U.S. we can catch reruns of CSI Miami on the AMC network about 5 PM Eastern time, which it starts at 4 PM my time because I am in the U.S. Central Time Zone.

I have one wish Ms. Daisymay before CSI Miami stops filming all toghther, I hope Horatio Caine will make a reference to Jimi Hendrix. He has made reference of The Beatles in one episode.:lol:

I will give my opinion here, I have learned that you can't fight corporate! I got hurt on the job, sue the corporation, but I lost the case. What I am saying is we fans can grip all we want, but I don't think they are paying the viewer and fans any attention. They are out to make money!:(

13. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

I really hope they do another season of miami, if for no other reason than to give them the send off they deserve. I was sad to see er go, but er got the best send off that I have ever seen a show get. Whichever network it was on respected what that show had done for them and let it go with dignaty. LV and Miami in particular have given cbs so much success, not to mention money. It would be criminal not to show them the same respect. CSI NY was always just been there for me. It never reached the hights the other two have. I could take it or leave.

14. jimihendrix

jimihendrix Rookie

Over the years, good TV Shows come and go. I wonder what people thought when "Dragnet" came to an end on TV, and I think it was in the early 70's. Harry Morgan ended up on M*A*S*H.

Well, I recall watching the last episode of MASH and it was a tear jerker! The only thing that know is that we just cheer the program on so it will stay on for Season 11 & 12. After that, we need to let it go.

My feelings are this, if you have a DVR, use it. I have collected Seasons 1 through 8 of CSI Miami, and even if it's on AMC, I sometimes don't watch it because I have the episode in my collection.

I realize that there are those of you not able to do something collect DVDs, but AMC picking up Miami was a plus. I recall on Saturday Afternoon, CSI Vegas was on TV Land. Maybe these shows, like Cold Case is on as I type this on the I ON Television Network, along with Crinimal Minds. I ON Television is getting many viewers!;)

I guess what I am getting at is, life does not end when one of the CSI Shows stops filming. Let it go, reruns will be on the other Cable Networks, and eBay is a great place to go buy season of your favorite Shows. I working on getting NYPD Blue Seasons because I never got to see that show, so, NYPD Blue is new to me!

There will be other shows come on the major 3 TV Networks that we will all like, and perhaps post on this Community Board about in the future!

Peace and Love To All CSI Fans!:)

J.H.

15. wigster

wigster Victim

I personally think that we'll get 1 more season, as JimiHendrix said shows normally last 11 to 12 season's. But who knows, the ratings have dropped dramatically over the last few season's, and with what i've been hearing about the season finale it sounds like a few of them will be leaving. So i think they may just cut it, rather then having another 1 or 2 season's with a few of the cast.