** Season 10 Spoiler Lab - Take Two **

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by FieldMouse, Oct 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I don't think we have anything to worry about, folks. If Miami had gotten the normal 22 to 24 episodes and had gone off in May, this new show likely would have been on from May to Sept/Oct anyway. Miami is only ending early because of the less amount of episodes. And it only has less episodes because of money issues, which will likely be resolved come next season since there will be more money coming in from AMC buying the rights to the series.

2. inthewind

inthewind CSI Level Two

That's what reruns are for.

3. GregNickRyanFan

Maybe they'll only run the new show in that timeslot until the reality show on two hours earlier is over. Then they may put repeats of Miami back on at 9/10 and the new show at 8/9 and good wife repeats at 7/8.

4. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

I don't know, I'm more likely to watch a new show during the summer than re-runs of Miami (unless there is absolutely nothing on) and I'm betting CBS is thinking (or hoping!) the same thing. Besides, I'm kind of glad the networks are pushing more and more pilots into the summer so we're not inundated come Fall.

Cool! If I remember correctly, the character was a bit sleezy/devious so this should be interesting.

It wouldn't really surprise me. The CSI shows are usually pretty good at tempting the fans with "Someone dies!" or "Someone leaves!" and it ends up being secondary or new character rather than the core cast. That being said, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to seeing some of the main cast re-assigned to other shifts or other departments; it'd be a different dynamic to explore and that can lead to some interesting developments.

Unless of course Eric ends up being booted somewhere just for the sake of ZE RELATIONSHIP DRAMAZ! Bleh.

5. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

I've been off the board for 2 days while moving. Looks like I've missed some exciting stuff. I'm glad to hear Malcolm McDowell is coming back; I enjoyed his character in season 8 and I can't wait to see what he'll throw at H and the team as he's likely itching for revenge.

Here is some other stuff from Latest From CSI: Miami

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on CSI: Miami - 2nd February 2012

CSI: Miami | If you were one of the 19 people who saw the unrated Bolero back in the 1980s, you may feel a sense of déjà vu – although not deja nude – when Bo Derek guest-stars on the Feb. 19 episode of the CBS crime drama. Playing the owner of a stable, Derek will bring her real-life horseback skills to the screen, including in one sequence that evokes, somewhat, her (literally) bareback Bolero gallop. “We tried to recreate that exact shot, with the slow-motion approach and everything,” exec producer Marc Dube shares, “if only to recapture some of that.” As for whether Bo’s character will register a perfect 10 on that week’s suspect list, Dube would only admit, “We look at her for a while.”

6. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep, it's been done before. A CSI this and that and it ends up being an officer or whatever. So it may be Eric but it may very well just be Sam too. I would hope it's not Eric because he is already getting all the drama from the head delivery and he deserves a break from drama.

I feel there's a lot going on in this finale.

Also, very out of the blue, I just realized the whole thing with Horatio's love interest got dropped. Has there been any other news on that?

7. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

There hasn't been any word in quite awhile. The last was they were considering it for next season, if there is one. I'll believe it when I see it.

I'm not surprised though that nothing came of the Horatio and Renee idea this year because there was very little time of them together and therefore very little chemistry.

Also the show that she is on for CW turned out to be being filmed in Canada. Even if it is Western Canada, which is not necessarily where they are filming, it would have been complicated to pull her in for one or two shorts scenes several times turn the season.

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thanks :). I just suddenly realized I had no idea what had happened to that story line.

I always keep hoping Yelina comes back. She was such a great character.

9. fanilowchick

fanilowchick Police Officer

Unfortunately, I don't think Renee will be returning. Just another promising storyline that we fans got excited over and it ended up going nowhere.

10. Theresa

Theresa Lab Technician

Thank you for the explanation; now I feel better! I didn't realize it was directly due to money issues; I thought it was due to ratings. That would be great if they could increase the order next season. However, being replaced with another show during the hiatus is a first for CSIM. Their repeats have always done well in the ratings.

BTW, CSIM is on at 9 p.m. this Sunday with NCIS at 10 p.m. Will be interesting to see how well NCIS does in our timeslot and whether our ratings increase at 9 p.m. While a great show, NCIS also has the best timeslot so I feel that a factor in its incredibly high ratings are due to being on at 8 p.m.

11. Bellemaria

Bellemaria Prime Suspect

the funny thing - if they didn't introduce Renee as H's possible love interest I'd never think she could be.
    Ok, the show Natasha plays is filming in Canada and she can't go to California to appear even in the smallest scene in Maiami but is it so damn hard to remind about her, creat an impresson they are seenig each other. For example, in the end of the episode H is speaking to her by phone or H talking about her with Frank or Eric.

12. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

Theresa, don't expect great ratings for CSIM this Sunday at 9:00PM. That will be during the last part of the Super Bowl.

NCIS will be on after it's over though.

13. GregNickRyanFan

Well, that was the reason we were given anyway (about the money)... and considering they cut Vegas' season shorter too (they usually get more than 22 but only got 22 this season), I would tend to believe it because Vegas was never even considered for cancellation as far as I know.

When is Miami going to be new again? Anyone know?

14. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

According to Futon Critic, the next new episode (10x14 'Last Straw') should air February 19th. I think after that, there's one more re-run and then new episodes up to the finale in April. Here's their projected schedule, anyhow.

15. GregNickRyanFan

Thanks, Finch. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.