Flack #10: Don Flack Bleeds Blue

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by addictedtoSpeed, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I've been thinking. In episode 8.01 "Indelible" the flashbacks to 9/11 showed Flack in uniform. In episode 1.17 "The Fall" Flack mentioned that he worked patrol in the Bronx for four years. He would have worn the uniform then. In episode 5.10 "The Triangle" Flack stated that he worked on the Bank Robbery Task Force for four years and was a detective for seven years. That means if canon is consistent (and it's SO NOT -- it's looser than FanFiction sometimes) then he would have been on the task force during 9/11.

I realize television isn't reality, but do the guys in those kinds of positions in real life wear uniforms or are they in plain clothes even if they're just officers? Of course, maybe he was working overtime as a patrol officer that day. What do you think?

2. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

Yeah, sometimes things that come up don't even come out to be right later.

I got the sense that Mac and Stella were working in the lab maybe on 9/11. Heck, even my first ff.net story has M/S at the lab and it appears that Mac wasn't in the lab, yet... I think.

3. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Wasn't it somewhere in season 3 or 4 when Stella mentioned that she had been working with Mac for ten years? I'm sure they were both in the lab on 9/11. In fact, Aiden was there also, judging by the file with her and Mac's name on it in 7.22 "Exit Strategy". And Danny had been working there about five years in season 1 (although I can't remember where I heard that) so he was there, too.

Sometimes the inconsistencies are because CBS puts out a promotional release (either written or a video preview) with information that is never in the show when it actually airs, or that sometimes even conflicts with what's in the show as aired. This is confusing. :confused: Remember when they called Detective Angell "Jennifer" in all of their press releases. But we never heard her first name spoken until late in season 4 when Flack called her "Jess". The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing and doesn't seem to care. It's more than annoying. :brickwall:

4. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

Finally, an episode that has some Don time. I loved it--loved the interaction between him and Sam. I'm ready for Don spin off at the end of the season, should CSI NY not be renewed. Hey--we got his hair cut, didn't we?

5. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

JoeyDC's site has an exclusive interview with Kathleen Munroe who just played Samantha Flack in "Air Apparent". Check it out here.

6. tobinhr

tobinhr Hit and Run

The whole site gone. :::sigh:::

Where do I go to get my Flack fix now??

Tobin

7. Sarah

Sarah Victim

The site is back open now. :)

8. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Ohhh.... Frankly I'm quite speechless right now...
    I know the last time I visited was probably somewhere on this thread's first pages and I haven't been close for a long time but I still adore Flack and still wait every episode to see him.
    But the thing that actually brought me here is the season 7 finally here and :eek: I was totally taken off my seat seeing Flack this season (though I now know the next one would take me completely on the floor:lol:).
    OMG Flack looks so HOTT:drool: Come on, I so love his new style and everything!
    And to add discussion I better like season 7 hairstyle. I'm all and about longer hair. Yes, not too long, but just little bit on the longish side.
    And WOW his dressing style also seems changed. And gee I love it:adore:

Ok, I better turn back to tv before I get too boring here and commercial break ends.

BTW- I've never (or just haven't) seen that medallion before. But I shall take another look now while Flack's on screen.

9. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

I just stumbled across this old spoiler from 2004 before everyone had been cast and it describes Flack as "big, beefy and doesn't mince his words" which is a little off, because I would never describe Flack as played by Eddie as anywhere near "beefy". He's as skinny as a rail (although not at much as he used to be).

But I also loved their description of Hawkes, "a flamboyant, one hundred and forty pounds dripping wet". I read that and just cracked up. So not Hill. It actually sounds more like Greg from CSI Vegas.

10. LIE

LIE Victim

Haha Love this description of Hawkes! Although they make it sound like he's "extremely New York." That's a bit off in my opinion, Flack or Danny have always been the most "extreme New York" to me, if that makes sense.

11. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Wow. Funny descriptions of Flack and Hawk. Though Hawk's was totally cracking me up. Oh so loved "cool as cucumber":guffaw:
    I think I'll need to rewatch that episode. Have no clue who's that Calucci guy was.

12. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Rick Calucci was the original name for the character Mac Taylor. It was changed before the pilot was filmed and I'm glad. Taylor fits Gary so much better than Calucci.

They do that often, Lindsay was originally Summer Hamilton, and Don Flack was originally Joe.

13. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

Oh, didn't know that.
    But.. nah... The current names are the best. So fits. Agree with you. Can't imagine them with different character names

14. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

Since JoeyDC's site is closing down the end of January, if you want any screencaps of Flack/Eddie from the gallery, you'd better get them now.

15. Dreamboat

Dreamboat Rookie

The Eddie Cahill Network has Flack screencaps from "Flash Pop" if you're interested.