Grade 'Officer Involved'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 14, 2011.

?

How would you grade Officer Involved?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  13. F

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. ioanhoratio

ioanhoratio Victim

Overall I found the episode disappointing.

I really adored Lindsay, and her concern and love for her husband. That was actually my favorite part of the episode. I loved her response to the situation and found it very real and believable. It was really nice to see that side of her in their relationship.

I was disappointed because that was the only side we got to see. Danny was very vague for me in the episode. His character seemed rather disconnected from everything. It was a great opportunity to show case both his growth and the growth in their relationship--how in season one he was so upset because he felt no one had his back, but in this season he clearly has someone looking out for him, that would have been a great chance to show growth. The episode felt like it was on the precipice of being really emotional, but it backed down just before getting there.

I also wish they hadn't stuck Danny back in the lab so quickly. It was such an interesting idea to have him out as a Sergeant. I know it would have been difficult to include him in story lines, but it would have been nicer to see him out a little bit longer. The end of the episode felt very rushed and I don't think I found Danny's reasoning to return to the lab as believable as I would have if the conversation at the end had been between him and Lindsay rather than him and Mac.

2. MS1213

MS1213 Hit and Run

I pretty much agree with everything you said. One thing that I couldn't really wrap my head around especially, was the fact that last episode Danny ripped into Officer Cooper because something she did meant he had to work overtime and wouldn't get to spend time with his family, yet in this episode it seems like he is spending a lot of his free time out with his Rookies. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge Danny going out, it just seemed like such a turn around from the last episode and left me scratching my head as to why suddenly spending time with his family wasn't so high on his priority list anymore.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Just because he goes out sometimes doesn't mean he goes out every night. It's not an all or nothing situation where going out sometimes = family is no longer important or family is important = never going out. We saw him go out with his rookies twice. The problem is that because the arc was only 4 episodes people equate twice with "Danny is spending a lot of time with the rookies." Do we know how long in the warped NY time jumps Danny was actually a Sgt.? Because if it's been a while twice isn't spending a lot of time going out without Lindsay. If it was a week, then yeah, it'd be a WTF? situation.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  4. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I got the sense it was four months. I know that Mac left for that time but I would think it'd be the same.

5. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I forgot that it'd been four months between the finale and the premiere. So it had to be at least that long if the first four episodes didn't have any major time jumps. If they did jump any it was longer. I don't think twice in a few months' time means Danny had a turn around in his priorities, just that he spent some time with his rookies.

ETA: I also don't think the main point of Danny reprimanding Officer Cooper was that she was keeping him from his boo and his spawn. The point was that she needs to learn priorities and what is the best way to spend their time as officers. Yes, they shoehorned in a Messer Family reference, but I think the main point was showing him as a boss and how he was at interacting and teaching the rookies.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  6. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

nope i'd have still hated it - i'd have seen it as danny being possessive and interfering. but then that might be because i see virtually all men as possessive and interfering...

7. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I thought this was one of the stupidest CSI NY episodes. I mean, what a way to undo a dumb story line, right? I thought Danny being back on the cop side was crazy in the first place but then to have him decide, "Oh well, best to go back where I belong." Well DUH!

I didn't like that cop girl anyway. Bad actress and that mole made me think of Goldmember with the "moley, moley, moley!" punchline. Just really hated this episode. Gave it a big F!

8. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I re-watched this episode and I realized something, I thought the bar was supposed to be closed from 2am and til maybe 11am?

Seems an awful long time for the team to get there, unless the bar closed at 5am.

EDIT: I checked the episode again for where the IAB/Danny are looking at the tape and they are in the bar at 1am.