Grade 'Officer Involved'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 14, 2011.

?

How would you grade Officer Involved?

1. A+

8 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. A

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
  3. A-

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  4. B+

3 vote(s)
    8.3%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. B-

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  7. C+

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    2.8%
  9. C-

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

2 vote(s)
    5.6%
  13. F

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep tonight... and Danny's in trouble! Must be Friday. :lol: Give it a watch and let us know what you thought!

2. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I don't have enough middle fingers to express how I feel about Lindsay, DL and this episode. F. A promising storyline thrown into the toilet for shipping.

3. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

The most embarrassing episode of CSI:NY ever. Why don't they just admit Danny has neither balls nor spine? And way to imply that all street cops are duplicitous scumbags.

4. Hardline Pro

Hardline Pro Lab Technician

Well I liked the story but Lindsay was rather annoying. All she does is whine about everything. :rolleyes:

5. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

hmm, well i guess there were good bits and bad bits. at least half of the bad bits can be summed up in one word: lindsay.

as for the rest... here come my notes :D

intro was annoying. all the slomo nonsense.

for some reason even the idea of danny getting injured annoyed me. i think maybe because it wasn't all that long ago he broke his back, who knows?

lindsay going on at the iab guy about the 24hr rule was horrible - he's not a bloody child, lindsay, stop acting like his harridan mother!

nice to see adam in the field

lindsay - (i wrote) "ugh! just leave!"

the way she spoke to adam was horrible. ok so she had a point about conflict of interest but she could've said so nicely instead of being rude.

lindsay talking to sheldon - ditto. it's a pretty impressive achievement that she made me sympathise with sheldon.

when jo was talking to mac i honestly thought she said "the guy's not playing with a full dick" and wondered why sela & gary weren't laughing :lol::rolleyes::lol:

then i wrote "OMFG!!! continuity!!!" - i know this was clearly a partner piece to season 1's ep where danny was up in front of IAB but i was amazed anyone among the writers actually remembered!

adam's little fishing thingie was funny, for some reason i felt like he was channelling austin (only medic_jade and legitly obsessed will probably know what i mean. it was quite nice to have the role reversal tho - adam being confused by mac, not the other way around.

flack's comment about cute nurses was great! i liked how mac kind of rolled his eyes that too.

omfg joey mcintyre!! bonkers!! and his boston accent is much stronger than i remember from when i used to watch nkotb as a kid (please forget you ever heard me say this...:guffaw::cool::cool:)

how did jo get from a random feather and the name of a club to "this was his girlfriend"? i didn't catch the link there...

ooh look, more semi naked women... :rolleyes:

dear csi producers: absinthe is called the green fairy, absinthe is also green. absinthe DOES NOT turn everything else green when you drink it. that's ridiculous. i know they were just trying to induce the absinthe hallucinogenic haze with camera trickery but did they really need to be so pedestrian and literal?! come on, producers! you can do better than that!!

ooh look, danny wants to be a csi again. i guess my comment last week about the opening titles was right. i can't remember exactly what i said but something like the fact that danny's still a labrat in the titles suggests he might come back soon. so hardly a shock...

ugh, "2 weeks later" - bleh.

a surprise good line from lindsay, about saluting danny in the morning. sadly not enough to make up for her being awful the other 97% of the ep.

it gets a B-

ETA: i agree with la guera about the cops - it really did make the cops look like spineless, lying morons. and i think most people know that most cops are not that. it was a real shame for a cop show (because ultimately it is) to take that line.

6. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I say she killed that guy for some reason other than self defense.
    I'm with Danny "Where's his gun?"
    Come on, dude. I know the paintball target guy was annoying but he didn't deserve to be shot. Slapped maybe. But not shot.
    Poor Lindsay. She's getting put on the sidelines every way she turns.
    Get him, Mac.
    What is Mac on to?
    You lying little beee-itch. And to think, last week I liked her.
    I bet one of those 2 guys told her to say Danny told her to lie.
    Hope they clear Danny and fire Cooper and her friends before this episode is over.
    Oh no. He's about to shoot Crystal. Mac, Flack, one of you shoot him before he shoots her.
    I hate commercials. Get back to the show.
    What a jerk. Can't you count? The gun probably only had six rounds. You blew off 2 wrestling with Mac over the gun. But go ahead and shoot yourself if you can.
    Yeah!!! Mac and Flack got him.
    Get her, Lindsay, get her.
    He's going back to the lab. I'll bet any amount of money.

Good episode. I'm glad Danny was cleared but I'm also glad Danny is going back to the lab. It'd get an A+ but it kinda dragged in places. So, I give it an A.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I gave it a B.

I didn't mind that the cops were displayed in a bad light. I know that there are good cops and that there are not so good cops. NY does show the good side, especially with the premier we had this season. I also liked it because we are used to a united team who look out for each other and it was a very clear contrast with what happened with Danny's new team. I think it made it more dramatic how they just threw him into the wolves like that and I was a bit shocked by that rather than offended.

I just have to say that I finally found someone I do not like paired with Jo :eek:: Sheldon. My goodness he even brings Jo down!! I just kept hoping they didn't have any more scenes together!! I just find him dull and boring and makes me even like Lindsay more.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  8. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I'm middle of the road. I don't loathe it as much as I know some are going to, but they did pass up a good opportunity to show Danny getting himself out of trouble for once. I've never shied away from being a D/L shipper, but I wasn't happy with Lindsay having to save the day for him...they could have written him out with him saving his own self. Like Faylinn's remark about being able to balance Lindsay supporting him with him being a grown man.

I do give a few points for continuity...the first season ep with the undercover cop shooting, although I'm not recalling the name atm.

I'll say a C.

9. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

This is so far the best episode of the season. I love the premiere but this episode has a mich stronger case. I was okay with Danny being on the street but in the previous episodes, I felt that his role was almost reduced to nothing. He was just there at the crime scene and orient the CSI teams, which has always been Flack's work. And this is a show about CSIs so I understand why the writers undo Danny's promotion.

Lindsay did what she thought was right. There's nothing wrong about having your husband's back (you should be worried if your wife did nothing or wasn't even worried when you are in trouble). She did the right thing by confronting Cooper and convince her to tell IA the truth.

And I'm a continuity fan, no matter how small or big the detail is. I'm pretty impressed with the effort. A+!!!!

10. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I think she knew he had been drinking and if he had talked to IAB at the time, they would have tested him.

I liked the Adam parts and loved the part where Jo and Adam got confused when Mac asked him to do that fishing motion again.

Loved seeing Mac go hand in hand combat with the guy who has the gun.

I liked what Lindsay did for Danny though, it shows that she had Danny's back and that the cops just didn't care or understand loyalty.

I think that's the way things are nowadays, you have to learn to earn your trust and make mistakes to see who you can trust.

Glad to see him back in the lab though.

11. Mac&Adam Fan

Mac&Adam Fan Pathologist

I totally agree with you about Lindsay though, I think it was nice to show that she was a caring wife.

12. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I am on Lindsay's side for once. If it was my spouse facing criminal charges,I would do everything in my power to find out the truth.
    IMO, this episode showed how strong the bond between the team is. Not a A episode for me,I give it a B.

13. Geeno

Geeno Pathologist

Does anyone here know what CBS's tweet #MacandCheezNight and #HappyMac&Cheese mean? I kind of LOLed when I read those in my timeline. Was it Mac Taylor but who's the cheese? Or it's just that CSI: NY and Blue Bloods go well together like Mac and Cheese.

Totally different. Danny said he want to work with people who he can fully trust. That doesn't necessarily imply all street cops are dirty. I think what he means is that he wants to work with people who he's comfortable with.

That scene is more of a "let's get out of here and tell me wgat happened." And the IA guy didn't question her further. So she just did what's best for Danny.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  14. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Last year CSI: NY had a pretty strong season. This season so far? Not so much. I feel like things should have just ended after "Exit Strategy" at this point; which is sad. All those little seeds that were planted during the season seven finale all have wrapped in ridiculous, short-lived ways.

The sad thing is how the base of the show is primarily focused on Danny and Lindsay. Most of the publicity puts emphasis on a couple who could not be more average and dull. Danny Messer was a particularly interesting character and one I loved to watch. He was complex, flawed, lively and invested in his work. Now he looks tired, bored, and manhandled by his increasingly annoying wife. Every possible time there's room for Danny to grow it's taken away and it's so pathetic and frustrating. I've gone from loving a character to absolutely loathing him in record time. How depressing.

Jo's flawless, Flack's hot, Los Angeles does not look like New York, etc. etc. Ugh. What a disappointment.

D-

15. Grindigo

Grindigo Dead on Arrival

Lindsay ruined this episode for me. Everything else was good, though, especially the Adam moments. They seem to be the best part of the season so far IMO.