Ted/D.B.: Sam Malone Sees Dead People

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jul 30, 2011.

1. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised with Ted's portrayal of DB. He has breathed new life into CSI and captured the feel of what the show was back in those first magical seasons. He brings Grissom's weird quirkiness back, paired with a more accessible and warm demeanor. Hurray!! I thought that I would never be a CSI fan again after the Langston debacle years. Thankfully, I was wrong.

2. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

Seeing how Ted Danson portrays DB, it's a shame that he wasn't brought in earlier. He has brought back CSI to the one I remember all those years ago.

3. KaiLUxO

KaiLUxO Police Officer

Exactly. Now I wonder what the show could've been like if Ray was never brought in...

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

I've been wondering the same thing

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

DB is a great addition to the show! I am really enjoying this character.

6. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

A lot better. THis show now has life again..something CSI NY and Miami are starting to lack IMO.

7. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I beg to differ, NY still has a lot of life in it. Don't have a clue about Miami, it hasn't got me to watch for a while. But CSI is definitely better with DB than Ray, although I still miss Grissom.

8. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

Agree with all you said.

I think NY has new life since Sela Ward came on board, just like CSI seems refreshed with TD. Some actors/characters fit, and some....just...don't.

Miami is a whole different breed. LOL. I've never quite figured out it's popularity.

Has anybody watched TD in Bored To Death? It's really pretty funny, more of a quirky acquired taste, like a lot of HBO shows. But Danson's good in it, and I can see why he has fun doing it.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  9. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

I just started watching Bored to Death out of curiosity, also. I've seen 2 episodes now, and it's pretty funny. Ted is great in it! I also like Zach Galifianakis, and had no idea he was in it at first. I'm not that into Jason Schwartzman, but I can take him or leave him. All in all, I've added it to my regular series to watch list.

10. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

The show that used to be in Miami's current time slot was a far superior show..only it never got the respect or publicity other shows got. I still miss Cold Case two years later.

11. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

An article from the NYTimes that addresses Danson on CSI (and some other shows as well):

Full article:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/20/a...use-law-order-svu-risky-transitions.html?_r=1

12. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

I'm really glad that the general consensus on DB is that he's a great addition to the show because I absolutely love him. Never thought I would like anyone as much as Grissom as supervisor but DB is rapidly catching up with him. The more I see of him the more I love him, he's warm, funny and quirky...and seems to interact really well with all team members (something Langston was never able to do). He really has breathed fresh life into the show, love him!

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I absolutely agree! :) Besides being a great character, I think Ted himself has brought new life to the set. George had nothing but praise for him when he was on The Talk the other day.

I think on the strength of this new character alone the show could run for several more years. As you said, it seems fresh again. :)

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I was talking about this with a relative the other night. We agreed that the show seems almost like a new show with the addition of Danson. He's just brought back the excitement again for me at least. I just love him.

15. Raynn

Raynn Coroner

Every chance I get, I ask my sister if she's watched this season yet. She quit watching when Grissom left, not liking Langston. I keep trying to tell her DB is a good character, and the show is great again!

He really showed his experience as a father (I'm not so convinced he has all boys anymore either) at the end of this week's episode, taking care of Morgan like that. I hope she does eventually repair the relationship with her own father, but things are still awkward with them now, and DB really recognized that and stepped up to do what she needed. He's quirky "like Grissom" - but way, way more socially competent. :lol: I love how he's managed to bring back the qualities we miss, but still be a completely different character.