Ted/D.B.: Sam Malone Sees Dead People

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jul 30, 2011.

1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

This is exactly how I feel about DB. And if he doesn't have daughters, he surely has younger sisters or maybe nieces lol.

2. Dark CSI

Dark CSI Hit and Run

Definitely. This time last year, I was convinced that CSI was on its last legs. Now, I feel like the show still has several more seasons left in it.

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ted will be on the Late, Late Show With Craig Ferguson next Wednesday, November 2. :)

4. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

From TVGuide
    :)

5. GregNickRyanFan

So very true. Though technically, CSI made two new hires as well. :)

6. sharp52092

sharp52092 Star Wars and CSI Fan Moderator

Agreed and agreed :thumbsup:

7. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Yes, I really like his addition to the show. The past 2 1/2 yrs has been one big mess, so glad Ted stepped in to clean things up. I wish he would have joined the show after WP left instead of LF.

8. SwedishNickyFan

SwedishNickyFan Victim

I have only watched ep 1 and 2 but I thought he did a good job. He was different and quirky but still meshed with the group. It was funny to see how the others reacted to his character. It is hard to shake the Sam Malone image in my head but I think I will be able to do that once I've seen a couple of more episode.

I only hope they will not focus too much on him. Meaning I hope they won't forget the other characters. The team is great and team work is what I love. A well mixed bag is best. And so far so good IMO.

9. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I second that. Several episodes in this season and it has felt like the CSI of old vs the past 2 1/2 years where the show felt like it was on its last legs.
    All due respect to LF,he had no chemistry with the rest of the cast where Ted most certainly does. It's a shame Marg is leaving now but I can understand why she is.

10. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I guess they're retconning a bit...tonight he said he had a daughter too.

11. ~fox~

~fox~ Hit and Run

I don't know if it would be so appreciated if he had. I really like his character, party because he's such a breath of fresh air...kinda like that smell that sparks the sensory part of your brain and makes you think of similar good things from your past. ;)

12. scktwstdfrk

scktwstdfrk Victim

How sweet it is. When LF first appeared I said he really didn't seem to fit the show, and I was immediately swarmed by the "he's great, give him a chance" zombies. I said no matter how much time you give him, it will end in tears, and so it has. FWIW, I doubt TD will fare any better. So far as I can see, anyway. I've watched about three episodes with him (before you all say it, it IS plenty), and while he's similar to the Grissom character in a quietly calm way, he's clearly more eclectic, to the point of being weird, like a leftover from the 60s hippie culture. Let's face it, WP is making money off the show because of the faint hope of most die hard fans he will someday return, but as long as the show makes money, he doesn't have to. Like a sports franchise that doesn't care how badly the team sucks, as long as they continue to put butts in the seats every night. Still, the show seems to go on, relatively unscathed, regardless of how good or bad the product seems to be, or how it compares to the WP glory days before they changed up the writing staff. Some of the more recent plots wouldn't pass muster with Battlestar G fans, let alone CSI.
    Just my opinion.
    Yours may differ, and I'm fine with that.

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think he's faring better so far, though it's a bit early.

14. GregNickRyanFan

He's a little weird, but that makes things interesting. I personally am enjoying him on the show much more than I ever did LF (not that I dislike LF or Ray, just the way the character's storylines were written). The show is much more fun this season than it has been the past couple of seasons. Grissom was a little weird in his own way too. That's what made him such a loveable character. :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  15. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I think he has been a great addition to the show; and frankly, I think he has saved CSI from cancellation for the forseeable future. I did read that his HBO show, Bored to Death, was not renewed, so I hope he is here to stay for the duration of the show, whatever that is. I doubt CSI can survive another major lead change.
    LF was never a good fit, regardless of how he had been written. He was just too imposing as an actor, which works in movies but not in an ensemble tv show.
    TBH, I didn't like Grissom a lot of the time either. But, WP was instrumental in creating a true ensemble and team effort, and he was a believer in creating interesting (and often flawed) characters, and I think this is a lot of the reason why the show has lasted this long.

All that said, Happy Birthday, Ted Danson!
    May you live long and prosper, and remain on CSI for many years to come. :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011