Ted/D.B.: Sam Malone Sees Dead People

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Re: Ted/D.B.

The Shrooms and Moonbeam one cracked me up, but I think the Sam Malone one is great and works a little better. :thumbsup:

2. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I was watching the premiere again today, and I still like DB a lot. I just hope they show a fault or two at some point, because I can see how him always knowing the right thing to do (how to get the kid to talk...how to get octopus girl to talk...etc.) could turn into how some of us felt about Ray being a "know it all". There has to be something wrong with him. :lol:

3. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

That's a good point Smokey! And exactly what was wrong with Ray. I loved the parts where he hadn't yet got pronunciations down right, or the right name :lol: At least D.B. comes in as brilliant, and at least 20 years older than Nick and and maybe 10 older than Catherine, and he doesn't have to learn on the job the way Ray did. It's definitely more realistic!

And it totally cracked me up when D.B. pre-empted Hodges and what Hodges was going to say about the octopus when they were on the tram:guffaw: Hodges wasn't used to being shut down by anyone other than Grissom. :devil:

4. DJRideout

DJRideout Following the trace Moderator

I do agree...because no one is perfect. There have to be some sort of fault...even if it's minor. But the difference is, is that he comes in with years experience...not as a newbie. He's used to dealing with this sort of stuff...professionally, and probably even amongst the team. (unless tptb changed his character bio once again)

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Agreed...when someone gets too Mary Sue-ish, it's easy to start worrying what they're hiding.

6. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ted will be appearing on Live! With Regis and Kelly tomorrow morning.

7. bill_az

bill_az Rookie

I'm glad Ted didn't dye his hair. Since his face hasn't changed much from Cheers or Becker, I think there would be a lot more comparisons to his former characters.

8. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Ted was on Live With Regis and Kelly today... here's the video. He says "George Eads is a great actor."

9. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

DB didn't contradict the four boys thing tonight, did he? He was just being hypothetical with the daughter as they were talking, right? Though I suppose a boy'd do the same thing, really.

10. robotnik22

robotnik22 Rookie

Ted fits in well with the cast,IMHO,D.B fits in well with the team.I will definitely be watching every week.

11. kittydu

kittydu Hit and Run

I just wanna say one thing about this character ...... I love him!!!!!! Lol

12. thequeenjanice

thequeenjanice Witness

Hi everyone! I decided to subscribe to this thread and this is my first post :)

I am really starting to like DB's character, especially what I saw in last night's episode.

He's able to take advice on how to manage the team, which was a great scene with Catherine.

Loved the way he handled Sara. He reprimanded her appropriately, but then also understanding about her emotional state at the end. Also liked that he can still refer to his family in the middle of all of it.

He's a gentle but firm supervisor. Good job, Ted Danson. Looking forward to more!

13. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I love this guy. He is so much better than Ray. He had some of the odd ball characteristics of Grissom yet different. I like how he handles the team and how he has handled the cases so far. I really enjoy seeing what he is gonna say and do next. It has really brought a life back into the team for me that was lost with Ray.

14. Ladybronco

Ladybronco Pathologist

Watched it again a second time, and just can't say enough how much I like Ted/D.B.!!
    He makes the most wonderful compassionate facial expressions, who says the man can only do comedy!!

Bravo Mr. Danson! :bolian:

15. Rizzoli

Rizzoli Lab Technician

I'm really happy with DB so far. Ted is doing a great job! I also think it's great how each episode they end on Russell... Episode 1 was his text, Episode 2 he was talking to his wife, and Episode 3 he was talking to Sara... I wonder what they'll do in episode 4.