Ted/D.B.: Sam Malone Sees Dead People

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Smokey, Jul 30, 2011.

1. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

Anybody see the Big Miracle trailer? Animal Planet showed a slightly different one, an extended one, and I thought Ted was there, but wasn't sure until I looked it up. I now have to giggle at him being squirted by the whales LOL

That'd be a funny scene, DB and Sara in the breakroom and that trailer comes on the TV (if they have one in there) and we get a "boy that guy looks like you" to DB lol

2. Lilith

Lilith Police Officer

:lol::lol: OMG that would be priceless!!

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I went to see Big Miracle tonight, and it was actually a good family movie. Ted plays the greedy oil man, but his acting is pretty much llke he does with DB, so he turns out to be pretty likable. But in RL, I doubt the oil man was so affable.

One of the funnier parts of the movie was a Sarah Palin cameo. :lol: It was a clip from a real broadcast back when she was a sportscaster. Pretty funny.

Anyway, Ted has a big role, and I assume he filmed this before starting at CSI. It's worth a look if you enjoy feel good family movies, and especially if you like whales. :)

4. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I've gotten a little behind on CSI this season :eek: but I did catch Catherine's final two episodes, and I have to say, I think Danson is great!! I really like him as DB. DB really reminds me of Grissom a lot, without in any way being a Grissom clone--he's got a similar quirky, appealing charm. I really love him! :cool:

5. Ninja0980

Ninja0980 Police Officer

I enjoyed Ted Danson's DB last night. He pointed out to Nick what Vega did was wrong without being judgemental about it.
    Said it before but it's too bad he wasn't brought in earlier. He gels well with the team and is a breath of fresh air after Langston.

6. warrick17

warrick17 Hit and Run

"You're supposed to leave the ring while on top and leaving the audience wanting for more. You're NOT supposed to turn your success into a farce and leaving your audience begging you to GO!"

something i wish i will not identify with, but since his introduction, in a short of time, they have/had me on the edge.

7. Natasha Romanoff

Natasha Romanoff Police Officer

I didn't know where to stick this, but as it relates to DB it's as good a place as any, anyway, which episode is it where I've used spoiler tags, just in case it's spoilerish, I've no idea if it is or not, but wanted to er on the side of caution.

Does anyone know which episode it is where DB's granddaughter is kidnapped, or isn't it shown or happened yet, cause I was watching the NY ep Seth and Apep where he mentions to Jo that his granddaughter was kidnapped.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2013
  8. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

No need for spoiler tags since it's an episode already aired. :) She was kidnapped at the end of the season 12 finale, "Homecoming" and then finding her was the focus of the season 13 premiere, "Karma to Burn".

Hope that helps! :)

9. Natasha Romanoff

Ah right OK, cheers for that, and I didn't know whether it had aired or not as I've not seen it, so hence the spoiler tags in case. Shall remove them. And yes it did.

10. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Heads up, Ted is on Ellen tomorrow--Wed. April 3rd. :thumbsup:

Last edited: Apr 3, 2013
  11. Natasha Romanoff

OMG, Is D B's name really Diebenkorn. I always wondered what the D and B stood for, but I didn't realise it was that, has that actually been mentioned in any of the episodes. I'm not sure whether I've seen his first episode, might have to watch.

12. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Yes, it is. :lol: Can't remember which episode, but Finn outed him when she came to LV.

13. stokesmyfire

stokesmyfire Prime Suspect

Wasn't it in Seeing Red? (Is this the name of the ep where Nick saved the guy from the car crash and helped him remember what happened--probably wished he hadn't though) She said it at the end of the ep because he kept calling her Jules.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  14. Natasha Romanoff

Thanks stokesmyfire and Smokey, I may have to watch that ep then. I'm not sure what I was expecting but it wasn't that, I think I like D B even more then I did before, and I liked him a lot anyway. Out of all the supervisors, including Catherine, D B is my favourite. I didn't, and still don't, like Grissom, he really annoyed me, still does a bit. And I did like Lawrence Fishburne's character, Ray, that was it. But yeah, D B has to be my favourite.

I watched the tail end of Three Men and A Baby yesterday, OMG I love that film, but it was really weird seeing Ted with dark hair. I'm kinda used to see him in CSI now. I also love Three Men and A Little Lady as well.