Episode 10x03 - 'Blown Away' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Oct 8, 2011.

1. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I read that too.It worked very well with Ryan. With Ryan being the one "blown away",we were able to see aspects of Walter and Ryan's friendship,their respect for each other,as well as a little insight into their personalities.

2. city hunter

city hunter Rookie

Good episode, much better than the previous two. I really loved Ryan and Walter in this one, especially their scene in the locker room. Great friendship moment between them!

3. BlueDiamondStar

BlueDiamondStar Coroner

AAAAAH!
    Wtf? :eek: Shirtless Ryan? *faints* visible tat? *faints*

:drool: OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! I'm gonna hunt my friend for next weekend!!

Just read whole thread and forgot to BREATHE FOR WHOLE 20 SECONDS! :rolleyes:

Ok I'm too excited for the possibility of seeing the episode:lol:

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

My expectations were way too high for this episode and I was very disappointed. The opening sequence was great but everything after that just fell flat. I found myself waiting for commercial breaks so I could play tetris lol. A very bright point was seeing Jamie Bamber, he's awesome :). But not even having him onscreen saved this episode from being, well, boring. There were a couple of highlights, let's see:

-Horatio calling Ryan by his first name. That was new.
    -Calleigh making and shooting the potato gun was cool.
    -Eric and Calleigh's scene about the "new boyfriend" :lol:.
    -Eric feeding the dog :adore:.

I don't know, the episode wasn't awful but it just didn't grab my attention like I thought it would.

Oh and I would like for the CSI's to be a little less angry toward the suspects. Eric and Natalia were very brusque with the guy that they found in the beginning and later on Eric was again way too harsh with the guy in the hospital. Though I have to say I'm glad he was proven wrong and accepted it and took the time to go back and give him the picture. That was a nice scene. The tear falling down was a nice, touching moment.

5. spencerreidfan

spencerreidfan Police Officer

Great episode, as always.

I loved hearing Horatio call Ryan by his first name instead of "Mr. Wolfe.":thumbsup: I wonder if he'll continue that or if it was just a mometary slip-up because of his concern?

Eric was acting like a d**k , first to Walter, then to Jared in the hospital. I couldn't believe that he just went into the recovery room and started badgering someone that had barely survived a horrible ordeal only hours before. I can understand he felt scorned when he thought Jared was part of the murder, but that is inappropriate behavior under any circumstances. Although he does get points from me for being so sweet to the runaway puppy. ;)

Why the lack of Calleigh? Has Emily asked for reduced screentime this season?

6. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

Shirtless Ryan was a-ok :drool:

7. spencerreidfan

8. Country233

Country233 Police Officer

I totally agree. I kind of figured the show would be a bit weird with the whole tornado thing. The Ryan scene in the beginning looked silly. Glad he wasn't injured too badly, as he is my fav on the show.

I also was frustrated by their gruff demeanor toward suspects. They pulled a Caine/Mac Taylor ploy with their attitude. Sure most of the time people are guilty of something but by that point they weren't sure of anything.

Plus Eric harassing the dude in the hospital was low. Even if a person is guilty let them heal up enough to speak before harassing them.

All in all a so-so episode for me.

9. spencerreidfan

Agree 100%. He was way out of line.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

To each their own,I loved the opening scene,it's one of my favorites in the episode.I enjoyed it over the potato gun scene,the dog scene and "new boyfriend" scene.Jon was great at doing his own stunts for that opening scene.
    The closing scene was nice too.Ryan and Walter have a great friendship going and I think it's being shown nicely so far this season. I hope it's something that continues throughout the season.
    Horatio has called him Ryan before,again during a time of concern.It was the episode "Burned" when he finds out about Ryan's gambling .

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  11. bgnogan

bgnogan Hit and Run

Completely. Eric's attitude was the only thing that irritated me. The whole "angry/tough CSI" thing is 100% stupid and unnecessary. TPTB need to quit destroying this show with that kinda crap and focus more on the evidence and scientific aspects.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Oh and I forgot to mention that another turn off for me was how Ryan was incorporated to work after the injuries he received. It was like any other day in the lab. Yeah, yeah Miami is known for this.... it still bugs me and makes credibility and my enjoyment of the episode go out the window. Maybe he could have least show a bit of discomfort, maybe walking more slowly because his back hurt, or having a headache, or something. I think they could've found other ways to include Ryan for the rest of the episode, even on the case, without him being dandy working in the lab.

ETA: Yes. This whole vigilante, harsh attitude crap the CSI's have going (every team follows it's leader) is getting way old.

13. DCHC4ever

DCHC4ever Prime Suspect

I liked the episode last night. A matter a fact I liked it very much. Everyone had at least one good scene, even Horatio.

While I like Eric very much (not as much as Horatio, but very much), I was disappointed to see this episode turn into an Eric centric episode because I think everyone was hoping for Ryan/Walter centric one.

Also was was very angry with the Eric hospital scene (writers way out of line) where he verbally assaults the victim who is just clinging to life. So many fans love to bash Horatio as a vigilante and his team should take him in hand, but believe me, Horatio has NEVER done anything as BAD as that. That was actually a criminal act (not just touching the line or a toe over, but doing a long jump over that line) and if the man had died Eric should not just have been up for review by IAB, but facing manslaughter charges. He brought on a life/death crisis!! The fact that he goes back afterwards and apologizes does NOT change what he did, but it probably was the reason the writers wrote the first scene at all. So that they could make an ahhhh, Eric went and apologized scene. Having said that and undoubtedly gotten a lot of Eric fan mad at me, I repeat that I like the Eric character and part of that character has always included his hot Latino temper that has run away from him in other episodes as well. And I like his relationship with Horatio and his friendships with Calleigh and Ryan.

I did enjoy the scene with the little dog and his referring to it as a new short, hairy boyfriend for Calleigh. I also loved the teaser and liked both Eric and Horatio's concern for Ryan. Unfortunately, it is likely that Eric's dumping on Walter about Ryan's not getting to safety may very well have contributes to Walter's feelings of guilt and refusal of Horatio's commendation. That's sad.

14. spencerreidfan

I too felt sorry for Walter. He deserved that commendation and did not deserve Eric's scolding. If I were Horatio, I would put the commendation in his file anyway :)

15. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I was happy to see Ryan help Walter feel better about the situation.That was one of the nice things about that scene.